What is the name of this dance move ?

Word Smith Sr

Proud Member
Hi there ! I was wondering what this great dance move was called. This pic was taken during the 30th anniversary concert when he's singing "Shake Your Body" i guess. He did it during the same concert while singing "You Rock My World". I've also seen him do something like that during the first verse in the "They Don't Care About Us" video (Brazil version). Would anyone be so kind as to tell me what this move is called please ? :)

Thank you very much for this picture Carla. :)

Happy new year everybody, uh hee !!!!! :D

552938_472959956105736_1980133705_n.jpg

Last edited:
^ Most Michael moves did not have a name!! We would have to make one up for this one.. Maybe we could call this one "Pre Dougie" lol! It definitely looks like the dougie was from this..

^^^ Thanks for answering KOPV. I agree, sometimes they do not have a name but they still um, how do you say that in English ? Sometimes, you see he let a certain style of dance inspire him. Thanks for telling me about the dougie. I'll check that out ri'now. :)

Last edited:
^^^ Haha, yesssss ! That's why i like watching him dance to this song during the 30th anniversary concert. I love the way he does this move then shrugs while "sitting". You made me watch this performance again. :)

:chillin: I'd rather hear both sides of the tale.:punk:

yea :)
i was wondering too about some of his moves,ill put pictures and ask name of it tommorow.
Happy new year

^^^ Haha, yesssss ! That's why i like watching him dance to this song during the 30th anniversary concert.
I love the way he does this move then shrugs while "sitting". You made me watch this performance again. :)

:chillin: I'd rather hear both sides of the tale.:punk:
:giggle:

The 30th Anniversary concert is on TV One right now!

Right, a lot of MJ's dancing didnt have names. They were feelings the music conjured up in him.

Call it the MJ.

^^^ See how i did that ? I ask about it and you answer my question right when it's on tv ? I'm that good. That good. :security::coolio::security:

I guess you're right. I'm searching for something that does not exit. Rainy days and Mondays always get me dooooown. :boohoo:

Hi there ! I was wondering what this great dance move was called. This pic was taken during the 30th anniversary concert when he's singing "Shake Your Body" i guess. He did it during the same concert while singing "You Rock My World". I've also seen him do something like that during the first verse in the "They Don't Care About Us" video (Brazil version). Would anyone be so kind as to tell me what this move is called please ? :)

Thank you very much for this picture Carla. :)

Happy new year everybody, uh hee !!!!! :D

552938_472959956105736_1980133705_n.jpg

Smack dat!! Lol's

he's the master of improvising, busting new moves is what he does, he's a choreographer, one of his many aspects of genius. and that's what makes him the king of entertainment.

Back