What ever happend with Michael at the O2 rumors

Thriller_MJ

Proud Member
Its been awhile now since we last herd anything about this it sorta like fadded away and no offical answer was given either by Michael or his team, do you think there still could be a possabilty that it could happen?

i guess it could happen when theres a reason to do them ie a new album.

What i heard was that he was going to do the entire Thriller album live then as an encore for the fans he would do a medley of Off The Wall songs.

I would love to see it.

God, this would be so wonderful if this happens, I would love to see Michael perform again, as we all would. I get so excited and nervous just thinking about it, I bet the computers will go into meltdown in the scramble to get tickets.....and knowing my luck I just wont get one.

I guess they are dead like James Brown.... looking at the recent pictures it seems to me that Michael is very far away from stepping on a stage to perform... I hope I'm wrong though!

The O2 rumor stayed a rumor and I never expected it to come true. I'd love Michael to play the the O2 as I hate watching concerts in stadiums like Wembley. But as Michael likes to do everything on a large scale it's more than likely Michael would play concerts at the new Wembley Statdium than the O2 on any future tour.

You just what happens next!!!

o2 here we come.

T

I hope so, the O2 is the coolest place I've ever seen a concert. Prince's concerts last year at the O2 were amazing, and so would any Michael Jackson concert. If Michael was the play the O2 I hope would would have his stage on the center of the arena like Prince did.

David Guest talks about O2 and Vegas rumors in this thread, and that he recently spoke with Michael. (started by member lilseanb). http://www.mjjcommunity.com/forum/showthread.php?t=55021

Never have been really sure what to think about David, but I do believe he and Michael are still friends. Plus, we certainly know how something someone says can be twisted and tweeked according to the interviewer's whim.

I do not believe that MJ ever intended to do anything with 02 at that time. I believe he was doing his reseach just like he would be expected to do. From the moment 02 leaked MJ's inquiry, they were dead in the waters anyway.
Also please remember that Sony/atv were in the process of taking over the management and concert arrangements of their stars. MJ is the go between where the stars are concerned, so just maybe he was looking at concert venues for that reason only and not for himself.

Back