What do you think would be a fitting tribute to Micheal the King of Pop

dean2611

Proud Member
In 2010 Jamaine Jackson will put on a tribute show in London to Remember his brother,if you could you how and where would you pay tribute to The King of POP

Jermaine pulling out and letting someone without ulterior motives do it would be a fitting tribute

Put it this way if there is to be a tribute concert in London next years the organisers wont let Jermaine be the main man because he simply doesnt have a good track record as we know, however I would hope it would include all the superstars that loved him and have impacted their careers by MJ! (I mean who hasnt, there would loads!)
I believe the best people to organise it would be AEG even though people have their opinions I think they are capable of making a successful concert that would be remembered forever. With it screened on TV thoughout the world!
That would be amazing!

Put it this way if there is to be a tribute concert in London next years the organisers wont let Jermaine be the main man because he simply doesnt have a good track record as we know, however I would hope it would include all the superstars that loved him and have impacted their careers by MJ! (I mean who hasnt, there would loads!)
I believe the best people to organise it would be AEG even though people have their opinions I think they are capable of making a successful concert that would be remembered forever. With it screened on TV thoughout the world!
That would be amazing!

and i totally agree, would anyone ever be able to pay tribute to a man that has affected so many life

Jermaine pulling out and letting someone without ulterior motives do it would be a fitting tribute

You took the words out of my mouth.

Jermaine should worry about paying child support, and let MJ's estate handle the tribute. There is a reason why MJ left his estate in friend's hands and not his.

I would recreate the "this is it" show with different artists: From Beyonce to Usher (but not Justin Timberlake)

Last edited:

:hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:

Exactly!

He f-ed it up once, now it's time for him to step aside and the real professionals handle.

1/I agree with everyone the first move would to drop jermaine,

2/ i think having it in London is a great idea, not because it's close to me but because it's were he wanted to play, wembley stadium would be first choice seen as he broke records with sell out concerts there.

3/the fans who had tickets for the o2, the ones who kept there ticket should have first chance to buy tickets.

4/ before any details are announced they should secure the main acts.

5/ the main artists have to be the greats, none of this x-factor crap. Stones, U2, Greenday, Whitney, Maybe elton, and so on.

6/ every song obviously has to be MJ, imagine greenday doing beat it.

7/ the finale (this might be asking a bit much) we are the world sang by all the original cast.

Well did i get the job or what, i need to know coz i'll be handing my notice in tomorrow if i got it.

Well did i get the job or what, i need to know coz i'll be handing my notice in tomorrow if i got it.

Well you have the Right idea however i wouldnt give ya job up yet, i recon the Tribute should be done by fans as MJ gave to us what he could now its time we gave him back what he shared!!! ,

I agree no greenday or heavymetal,
The fans should be able to vote who sings what,
It should be at wembley as all great stars have starred there
The for the finale each fan around the world has a balloon (white balloons with MJs feet, the one where he's on his toes) and a pen to which they write a special message to the king of pop, and on the last song " Gone to Soon" of the Concert at the same time the ballons should be realsed into the air, i know there are cost implications in this but what do you think ??

I think a good idea would be the organisers get the acts signed up, and then fans and the general public choose which star sings which MJ song. So in the end they have a setlist and all the acts are assigned a song.

OR

another great idea would be to use all the sets from TII (which look amazing) and do the show as Michael wanted, but with the other artists filling in (or trying to haha) for Michael.

You know tom i think you have an idea , Finish the This is It Tour with Voted Artist, that would be amazing, as people already know the running order and what was happening when , we just voted in the artists we would want to fill in the missing spot where micheal would have sang , the is a genius idea and a fitting Tribute !!!

Does everyone else agree, let me know your thoughts ??

I wouldn't want to see other artists performing This is it. It was MJ's vision, and we didn't get to see him do it. That's how it should be left imo. I wouldn't want to see any of the current "artists" ruin it with their performances that could never match MJ's.

I wouldn't want to see other artists performing This is it. It was MJ's vision, and we didn't get to see him do it. That's how it should be left imo. I wouldn't want to see any of the current "artists" ruin it with their performances that could never match MJ's.

hi there do_re_mi, well what would you do for micheal,what would be your tribute?

Ooooh, anything NOT involving Jermaine and JOE...
Really, Jermaine is making a fool of him and well i cant STAND JOE JACKSON.

No, really i think great musicians like Stevie Wonder, Prince, Madonna, etc, from the young ones, Beyoncé, i dont know... many many artists.

Of course of his family, the children need to be present, Janet has got to perform, i hope a descent tribute a real well produced tribute, at Michael's level, it has to be done June 25,of course

wow, its not so nice to talk about this... anyway

One thing is for sure, a hologram of Michael Jackson needs to be used, but do not involve anyone else, it has to be HE, Michael all alone, Michael alone

In 2010 Jamaine Jackson will put on a tribute show in London to Remember his brother,if you could you how and where would you pay tribute to The King of POP
the post i did before was for a real tribute NOT THE JERMAINE ONE!

i think there shouldn't be any tribute (concert) next year. Any MJ tribute should be left to PPB when the grow up just like william and harry did for Diana. That will be a better tribute(concert) because most people doing tributes have their own agenda. there is an over-saturation of mj and also 2010 is a world cup year, as such most people will be focusing on that expecially in the UK.

i think there shouldn't be any tribute (concert) next year. Any MJ tribute should be left to PPB when the grow up just like william and harry did for Diana. That will be a better tribute(concert) because most people doing tributes have their own agenda. there is an over-saturation of mj and also 2010 is a world cup year, as such most people will be focusing on that expecially in the UK.

I hear you Pascal, but would a tribute be more for the fans, im guessing that fans will watch MJ tribute than the world cup, and agree that a Tribute will not get the Media focus it deserves due to the the fact of the World cup, thanks for your comments and nice to meet you :)

Back