What do you think Michael's next album would have been like?

Gonetoosoon

Proud Member
If he was still alive that is..

As we know Michael had been working with a number of producers on his next studio album after Invincible. There was a mixed reception around Vince as we know; even the board is split 50-50 over whether that album contains that Michael Jackson magic. One common reason iv seen given is that Michael was trying to fit in with the 'norm' or with the popular music sound at that time..

Considering the poor state of the mainstream music industry.. Do you feel Michael would have been able to make an impact in this musical climate? What do you think his next album would have been like? Do you think Michael could have overcome the hurdles of Invincible/the Trial etc and truly bounced back artistically? Or do we feel that Michael was past his creative peak of the 90s and wouldn't have been able to replicate the magic of the bigger albums such as Dangerous, Bad etc etc?

How do you think the album would have gone? More up beat songs? Less ballads than Invincible? What genres would he have stuck to? Which musical direction would he have taken? Which songs would you liked to have seen?

Discuss. :yes:

Last edited:
Well, better than MICHAEL, that I'm sure of:rolleyes: From the songs/snippets I've heard the album would've rocked.

I heard that his work with Will i am was gonna be like the Off The Wall album but with a modern twist to it.

My guess for that is that Will i am would send MJ some beats and then MJ would add his own musical touches over the beats like melody

I heard that his work with Will i am was gonna be like the Off The Wall album but with a modern twist to it.

My guess for that is that Will i am would send MJ some beats and then MJ would add his own musical touches over the beats like melody

I was thinking about this the other day actually! I had this image of Michael pioneering again and developing a new sort of genre harking back to the old days of that OTW funk/soul with (as you said) a modern twist to it! I think it would have been perfect Michael returning musically to that feel-good dance type music again that you just want to groove to. I love the OTW days due to that smile you can hear in his voice when he sung around that period (with the Jacksons also). It would have been wonderful to hear that smile in his voice again and to see Michael's attempts to put all of that BS behind him and come out with a truly 'happy' record. Maybe it's wishful thinking, and especially with all the negatives of the 00's - but I think it would have been very interesting artistically to see that happy, fun side of Michael again.

I think a new album like that would have truly revolutionised the music industry of today which really lacks in depth, quality and timelessness.

The album "Michael" is a crappy s#it compared to the possible real MJ album!

^You don't know what the next album would have sounded like.

I think that this album would have sounded great. And it possibly would have been without these stupid Cascio tracks.

OR... these Cascio tracks would have been completed by the master himself! ("Breaking News" my ass...)

Although I think that KYHU and Monster and Soldier Boy sound great, actually....

Michael's real next album and not the fake album would have been a 18 track epic, each containing a DVD of highlights from the This Is It concerts .

I could imagine a spectrum of amazing tracks and not one filler !

Back