What do you think about the BAD World Tour?

It was the FIRST time I saw Michael and it was MAGICAL...
Michael appearing in 'smoke' so energetic and full of :heart:
Sweet memories of the concert in Werchter, Belgium on August 23, 1988 :wub:

I think this tour still had the FULL juice and fire in 'em and it's more PURE than the other following tours... I do love all the tours but that is what 'struck' me watching the BAD tour DVD of Wembley...

Though 'minus' points are that I thought Michael 'fixed' perfectly in the following tours were:

Michael was sometimes 'overshadowed' by his dancers dressed so 'extravagant' according to how Michael was dressed and in my 'humble' opinion 'took' over the stage a little bit too much :blush: Then again, I go to see Michael and NOT his back up crew :smilerolleyes: NOT that I don't respect other artists but I just had that feeling...

Second was Cheryll Crow... To me, she hadn't got the right 'flavour' for I just can't stop loving you... I didn't spot any 'chemistry' between them like I felt with Siedah...

GOOD points were that they were NO 'dark' episodes like In Dangerous and I loved to see how Michael 'dressed' for other songs with the white tent on stage :blush:

As Tour in whole... I :love: this tour cause it came to my country... Didn't cost me a fortune and it was the first time I saw Michael :heart:

I love it. It looked to me he was happy doing it. I know he hated the travelling and all but on stage he looked at home.

Loved this tour. Michael exuded confidence and looked truly happy and so energetic. He truly looked like he was having so much fun performing this tour. And he looked beautiful.

I didnt go to the bad tour as i was way too young to go but judging from what i have seen on the dvd its the best tour EVER

I wasn't born around the BAD years but I have the Wembley DVD and it's simply incredible. Michael looked like he was having a lot of fun and he was happy!

I've only seen it in youtube clips, but I'd say it was the best live show ever. Before seeing it, I had only seen him do his mostly lip-synching work on tv. I didn't realize he was the greatest performer of all time until seeing the bad tour. How is it even possible for someone to run around like that and sing live at the same time? The whole thing looks impossible.

Best tour of all times, in my opinion of course, for me Michael and the tour was perfect in everything, the outfits, his strong voice and breath, his appearance, it was simply amazing, I can't stop watching something about BWT almost every day...

The first leg shows Michael at his peak performance wise. The second leg his vocals were not as strong but it's still amazing.

I would love to get one of the Tokyo shows in the first leg in great quality.

its so overrated!!!

In what way? It features the perfect mix of live singing and dancing with high energy. The costumes are better. The dancing and set list may have been better on later tours but his vocals suffered because of it.

Mesmerising, Magical, such an incredible and pure loving performance Michael gave each night, in my
opinion, the greatest Tour the human kind will ever see, the magic is incomparable to anything before and nothing has matched the energy or power of this tour since. (Related to this is my Bad Tour 30th Anniversary Package in 2017 featuring shows on high quality master tape, digitally remastered and film reel footage from a variety of shows from 87' through to 1989 :heart:) ----> http://www.mjjcommunity.com/forum/t...-Tour-30th-Anniversary-30-show-package-(Idea)

Where to start? lol, oh Bad Tour is my beloved.. my very fave because his energy, vibrancy, skills, aura and performances were at the very peak. He didn't need much paraphernalia just a few backup dancers, the band & him, doing his thing :swoon: some highlight performances imo are from Japan (Shake Your Body, Yokohama '87 for instance) but all in all, mesmerizing and magical. Bad Tour, would you marry me? :laugh: :girl_sigh:

I think BAD was Mike's best tour, and also my favourite album and era, his singing was amazing and he looked happy and had so much energy, it is the tour i most wish i could have seen out of all. My step-dad saw him on this tour, which happened to be MJ's birthday too i believe. I feel so gutted thinking about it, i would have given anything to have been able to go. Wheres the Doc and his time machine when you need him

He sings more indeed in that tour but it wasn't that spectacular (better coreographies, stage and technollogy) in comparison to the others. I like Dangerous and HIStory Tours better.

He only sang Wanna Be Startin Somethin and J5 Medley. .
What do you mean??? That he sang only these songs live?? No...The problem with History it was that he suffered from pharyngitis. That's why he had recorded the most difficult points of songs. This is called ''Voice Maping''. That doesn't mean the History it wasn't live... Just some points weren't live!!! The bigger part wasn't live...not all concert.

Last edited:
What do you mean??? That he sang only these songs live?? No...The problem with History it was that he suffered from pharyngitis. That's why he had recorded the most difficult points of songs. This is called ''Voice Maping''. That doesn't mean the History it wasn't live... Just some points weren't live!!!
Almost all were playback. Reality is that WBSS and J5 Medley were only songs that were singed live. Of course his mic was turned on at the end of Billie Jean and Beat It so he singed few things but other than that I don't remember other parts that were live. I don't think he had Pharyngitis all the time during the tour. I'm not saying that HIStory Tour was bad but I'm just saying facts. Personally I can enjoy watching HIStory Tour concerts even thought he did not sing all the songs. :)

What do you mean??? That he sang only these songs live?? No...The problem with History it was that he suffered from pharyngitis. That's why he had recorded the most difficult points of songs. This is called ''Voice Maping''. That doesn't mean the History it wasn't live... Just some points weren't live!!! The bigger part wasn't live...not all concert.

He wasn't sick throughout the WHOLE tour. Also everything was playback except:

WBSS
Adlibs at the end of YANA
J5 Medley
Few adlibs at the end of Billie Jean
Adlibs at the beggining and the end of Beat It
Adlibs at the end of Heal The World
Some bits in History like "Hooooooooooo" screams

Almost all were playback. Reality is that WBSS and J5 Medley were only songs that were singed live. Of course his mic was turned on at the end of Billie Jean and Beat It so he singed few things but other than that I don't remember other parts that were live. I don't think he had Pharyngitis all the time during the tour. I'm not saying that HIStory Tour was bad but I'm just saying facts. Personally I can enjoy watching HIStory Tour concerts even thought he did not sing all the songs. :)
The 90% wasn't live...but it's ok. History is top because he was awesome. His dancing was magical....and of course the beatbox was sooooooooooooo incredible...I started screaming when I heard it..lol. Of course Bad and Dangerous tour were awesome too but History is top.

Back