What characteristics do the Cascio Tracks show/carry of Michael Jackson?

Semih

Proud Member

I don't know where to start, or how to put it in words!

First off let me start by saying: I'm not a regular poster in this forum, but I do read a lot. That being said, I remember times when this forum used to be a place where people gathered and united to support the man in his struggle, and I believe he was aware how much we loved him.

I remember coming here and having a good time in this forum.
(i will come back to this, but just let me recap the last decade)

The last Michael Jackson album we've had was Invincible in 2001, which in my opinion was a Breathtaking album, ahead of his time, Michael again reinvented Music in my eyes, but as you know(actually some of you may not) the album didn't even make a second Video Clip, because of well known issues!? (don't get me started with that "Cry" clip, again if you actually know what I'm talking about, anyways).

We kept patience, for the sake of L.O.V.E.
and always waited for "The Best is yet to come"

But somehow it looked like his career was some kind of tainted, or dare i say set up with traps! I don't wanna go deep on this, but ugly things have been said. I wanna sum this up by saying it is easy to connect the dots to see who is behind all this.

Now after almost a decade of waiting not have we only lost him, but also his Legacy is in jeopardy.

BREAKING NEWS

The long wait is over, and "Breaking News" has been announced. I don't want any discussions whether the song is Original or Fake. Obviously many of you have already formed your own opinion about it, so please keep it to yourself, it just hurts sometimes you know!

I for myself, knew what was coming upon us as soon as I heard the teaser. And so it happened, the song gets released and the fans get divided in "Believers" and "Non-Believers". So I gotta say congratulations on everyone, especially to the BIG COMPANY that is behind all this.

Some are trying to fool themselves by saying this was a PR stunt, they say any publicity is good publicity. WRONG. It attracted so much negative attention. You can't fool around with the King Of Pop. You can't just let things find their way. There is an huge audience waiting for this album, and beside that there is a whole new generation that doesn't know what to expect, giving them Breaking News is disastrous.

I WANT EVERYONE TO ASK HIMSELF OR HERSELF THIS QUESTION:

Can you identify the Michael Jackson from Beat It, from Off The Wall, from Bad, from Stranger in Moscow in "Breaking News" and in the other Cascio tracks? In fact do you see any resemblance to his previous Music. And before answering that question I want you to go through his songs and listen to them carefully.

But no I don't want you to listen to his voice only, i want you to listen to the elements in his songs, listen to the character, listen to the joy, listen to the anger, listen to the pain.
And now compare it.

I'm not here to judge the Cascio's music making talent, he may be good or not. That is no interest to me. I simply want to state that their music making talents don't speak to the Michael Jackson fanbase.

Now getting back to the forums. I don't want anyone to get offended, but after Michael's death these forums just started to flood with peeps who got no effing idea who the man is! And just love him for his music. I respect that. But our love to Michael Jackson is different than that. It is just different.

I'm thrilled to hear the Original New songs, but I'm more sad to know that some tracks are also going to be on the album.

I think what Will.I.Am was trying to say gets clearer now. I'm so happy he didn't give any tracks to this album.

PS: I hate those guys who don't read any topic and just post "PM me too!"

peace forever.

I like what you've said here, I think I understand how you feel about these songs, I THINK. I like that I got an interpreted understanding without you having to really say anything, you've kept it peaceful without trying to push your opinion on to others.

:clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping:

Thanks Semih. I really like how you expressed your viewpoint without putting down others.

I was very very excited about the album before Breaking News. I guess I was in denial. I refused and still refuse to let him go. The hope of getting something new helps fill the void since June 2009. But, like some here have expressed, this album makes his absence more apparent instead.

I'm not a negative person nor am I stubborn. I do consider the fact that the song was not completed by Michael, background vocals are necessary, tweets from other producers are needed. Still, all the above reasons don't seem to justify the reasons Breaking News was chosen to be the first single, offical or unofficial, released in nine years.

I don't feel Michael in the song. I'm not saying the song is fake. I actually don't like to use the word "fake" at all. The vocals are not strong. Period. Okay, Michael might not sing full out. It's a demo. Then, why put it on the album? This was a guy who's reknown for over-recording. He was painfully selective in choosing tracks to be includced in his albums. Okay, we want to hear works from Michael in recent years. Then, it's my sincere hope that the Estate find the right balance. There is a fine line between what can be released and what better stay in the vault. I like how the original poster put it, listen not only to the vocal, but also to the element and character of the song. When you listen to Breaking News streamed from the website, were you moved by the song? Did you get goosebumps? Did you feel spiritualy connected to it? As much as I love Michael, I never want the Estate to release everything in the vault. Let's say I was an artist who live for my arts and devoted my life to my craft, would I want everything I ever worked on to be shown to people? I'm sure there are some works that I don't like and don't want to be shared. The more I learned about Michael's music, the more respect I have in him as a musician. All his past albums are MASTERPIECE. Some demos are not adequate to be called a Michael Jackson song. I understand why people are so emotional about these tracks. Some fans love Michael so much and want to protect his legacy. Some fans, although helpless and voiceless, refuse to let some sub-par works dilute his perfect catalogue.

As much as I want to call MICHAEL Michael Jackson's 11th studio album, I know, in my heart of heart this album is "a Michael Jackson album, but not a Michael Jackson album". I don't mean to rain on anyone's parade. Reality is indeed brutal.

Well, to end with a positive note. I'm confident Michael will be remembered by generation and generation of people for songs like Billie Jean, Smooth Criminal, Man In the Mirror, Heal the World, etc... Just like how people remember the Beatles for Let It Be and Yesterday. Who remember Free as a Bird?

The Way You Make Me Feel is playing now. I must have listened to TWYMMF more than a thousand times. It still manages to put a smile on my face. Thank you Michael. I love you. Thank you for everything you gave us in your life.

Thanks Semih. I really like how you expressed your viewpoint without putting down others.

I was very very excited about the album before Breaking News. I guess I was in denial. I refused and still refuse to let him go. The hope of getting something new helps fill the void since June 2009. But, like some here have expressed, this album makes his absence more apparent instead.

I'm not a negative person nor am I stubborn. I do consider the fact that the song was not completed by Michael, background vocals are necessary, tweets from other producers are needed. Still, all the above reasons don't seem to justify the reasons Breaking News was chosen to be the first single, offical or unofficial, released in nine years.

I don't feel Michael in the song. I'm not saying the song is fake. I actually don't like to use the word "fake" at all. The vocals are not strong. Period. Okay, Michael might not sing full out. It's a demo. Then, why put it on the album? This was a guy who's reknown for over-recording. He was painfully selective in choosing tracks to be includced in his albums. Okay, we want to hear works from Michael in recent years. Then, it's my sincere hope that the Estate find the right balance. There is a fine line between what can be released and what better stay in the vault. I like how the original poster put it, listen not only to the vocal, but also to the element and character of the song. When you listen to Breaking News streamed from the website, were you moved by the song? Did you get goosebumps? Did you feel spiritualy connected to it? As much as I love Michael, I never want the Estate to release everything in the vault. Let's say I was an artist who live for my arts and devoted my life to my craft, would I want everything I ever worked on to be shown to people? I'm sure there are some works that I don't like and don't want to be shared. The more I learned about Michael's music, the more respect I have in him as a musician. All his past albums are MASTERPIECE. Some demos are not adequate to be called a Michael Jackson song. I understand why people are so emotional about these tracks. Some fans love Michael so much and want to protect his legacy. Some fans, although helpless and voiceless, refuse to let some sub-par works dilute his perfect catalogue.

As much as I want to call MICHAEL Michael Jackson's 11th studio album, I know, in my heart of heart this album is "a Michael Jackson album, but not a Michael Jackson album". I don't mean to rain on anyone's parade. Reality is indeed brutal.

Well, to end with a positive note. I'm confident Michael will be remembered by generation and generation of people for songs like Billie Jean, Smooth Criminal, Man In the Mirror, Heal the World, etc... Just like how people remember the Beatles for Let It Be and Yesterday. Who remember Free as a Bird?

The Way You Make Me Feel is playing now. I must have listened to TWYMMF more than a thousand times. It still manages to put a smile on my face. Thank you Michael. I love you. Thank you for everything you gave us in your life.

Well said. That's how I feel too. This album and all the future albums will never be Michael's albums to me because they are without his approval and magic touch on them. I'm still buying this album, but I can't bring myself to feel enthusiastic about it. I agree the controversy just makes it all the more apparent that he's not here. It will never be the same. Never thought I would feel that way about a new Michael Jackson album, but that's where we stand. I just don't think I can accept all these albums coming out after he died are really his albums because they are not.

Back