What Brand Were Michael's Shoes?

MJFAN22

Proud Member
Hi there!

Lately I've been very curious as to what brand of shoes Michael wore.

Michael Bush said in his book that Michael always wore Florsheims, because he learned to dance in them as a kid. "These are the shoes that my family could afford and what I learned to dance in" is Michael's quote according to the book.

I've always thought that Florsheims were more of a designer brand, ranging in the $100 and over prices? Michael's family wouldn't have had that sort of money to spare on a single pair of shoes before fame would they?

I've heard time and time again that the style is 'penny loafer'?

I found this handwritten sketch & note which refers to remembering to pick up his "kenny" shoes,
so I'm not sure what type of shoe that's referring to?

5o9pup.jpg

Anyway, I suppose Michael wore a few different styles of loafer over the years. I'm just curious if anyone knows the exact brand and model of his dance shoes used on tour. I'd love to buy myself a commemorative pair, just for the sake of it, it would be fantastic if I could get a really similar type. Thanks! Keep Michaeling :D:)

Well I know he wore these...

smooth-criminal-spats..jpg

But I'm not sure of what this style is called...

I always thought he wore Bass Weejuns until I read the Michael Bush book about the shoes from Florsheim stores; how he would score the soles so he wouldn't slip.

9a4egj.jpg

"Kenny" is interesting; there used to be Kinney shore stores here in the US...

I think he did wear various brands, but Florsheim was his preferred brand it seems. According to Wiki, he wore the Como and Como Imperial models.

Michael Jackson, The King of Pop, would wear Florsheim Shoes to dance in. He would wear the models Como and Como Imperial. He would have leather heels installed.

And I think when he refers to "Kenny" shoes in his note, maybe he is referring to the very popular U.S. shoe store chain called Kinney Shoes, which sold Florsheims, I think.

Talking about shoes... Ive an ifftopuc question. I live abroad and I really want the Kobe Bryant MJ shoes. I googled everywhere and couldn't find them online! Does anyone know where I can get these awesome shoes?

My first pair of school shoes for jr high were penny loafers. I wanted them because my mom had worn them in the late 40's/early 50's.
I can't remember if we got them at Kinneys or not.
I loved them but I couldn't get a penny to stay in them.

Back