What are your worst MJ/J5 covers?

Quite a few bands/artists have tried to do covers or there own versions of MJ/J5 songs and unfortunatley they havent turned out so good.

I think Ailen Ant Farms version of Smooth Criminal was terrible and Mariah Carey's version of I'll Be There wasnt so hot either.
Yes both of them are big MJ fans but I think they should have left thoes songs to Michael and not covered them

What would you say your least favourite cover was and who sang it?

Alien Ant farms version wasn't very good. - But it was funny - and it became popular and made MJ's smooth criminal sell good too. Some youngsters didn't know MJ's version before and bought it. So thats positive. But I, like you, don't really like AAF's version.

I love Mariah's "I'll Be there", I think it's gorgeous!

However, what bugs me about AAF's cover is that they screw up the lyrics at certain points. I remember instead of saying "Mouth to mouth resuscitation...", they say like... "I could make a salutation, selling heartbeats, intimidations" or something =S

98 Degrees - She's Out Of My Life

Overly sappy and lacks the bare and pleading nature of the original. Probably not a good song to ever try and cover unless you really are a hell of an interpreter.

Fall Out Boy "Beat It" and Alien Ant Farm "Smooth Criminal". Hated both covers.

I didn't like Fall Out Boy's version of Beat It nor was I that fond of Alien Ant Farm's version of Smooth Criminal. Also I have to agree with SIDEWALK that Amy Winehouse's performance of Beat It was not good at all but then again she didn't seem to be in the best state of health at the time.

Amy Winehouse's Beat It. FOB sucks, but Amy made them sound amazing.

I didn't really care much for the Blackstreet version of "Billie Jean", but I did like the Jose Feliciano version & the Chris Cornell cover is good also.

Back