What are you looking forward most to in 2009?

Here are albums coming out this year:

Michael Jackson - (possibly?) new studio album
Animal Collective - Merriweather Post Pavillion (got it already, and it's great)
Depeche Mode - new studio album
U2 - No Line On The Horizon
Vertical Horizon - Burning The Days
Marilyn Manson - new studio album
Mew - new studio album
Dream Theater - new studio album
Third Eye Blind - Ursa Major
Filter - new studio album
Muse - new studio album
Radiohead - (possibly?) new studio album
Prince - 3 new studio albums
Christina Aguilera - new studio album
Porcupine Tree - new studio album
Tool - (possibly?) new studio album

How about you?

Last edited:
Sade, The Time, and the Brand New Heavies are supposed to be working on albums. That's who I'm waiting for. I doubt he's releasing anything this year, but I also heard that Stevie Wonder is planning on doing a gospel & a country album.

I'm dying for new D'Angelo, Maxwell, Stevie Wonder & Michael Jackson projects.

D'Angelo has supposedly been working on an album. Nothing official that I know of though.

Maxwell had it plastered on his Myspace two years ago that a new album was to be released in 2007 on Valentine's day. It was supposed to be part of a trilogy entitled "Black Summer's Night" or somethingl Valentine's day.. no album. 2008.. no album. 2009, we'll see. The third album was to be released this year, we're still waiting on the first!

Stevie is supposedly working on two albums simultaneously: "The Gospel Inspired By Lula" and "Through The Eyes Of Wonder". If anyone takes more time with a new album than MJ, it's Stevie.

And of course, it's going to be an awesome moment indeed to hear new MJ material.

If any of these artists come out with something in 2009 it would be great, but I have no idea if it will happen.

That people in the world STOP the regeneration of war...

Come to a compromise, an understanding with each other...

Accept each other for who they are...

:angel:Life is way too precious and way too short to be self destructing..!

Toni Braxton :wild: :woohoo: :stretcher: I hope that album comes out in April...

That's all I got, and of course, if Mike has somethin, im ready too.

U2 :wild:

Muse :wild:

Radiohead .. haven't heard about that

I don't think MJ will release an album in 2009

Michael of course.

Placebo (God I can't wait)

Evanescence/Amy Lee (hope for any of these)

The Fray

The Corrs reunion I am hoping for...

Jennifer Lopez and Nelly Furtado something new and cool

1) Prince
2) Maxwell
3) Erykah Badu
4) Kevin Michael
5) Lupe Fiasco

And every year I hope for new music from MJ and Sade, but don't expect anything from either one unless I see some major promotion. LOL.

this early, i'm not sure myself which are gonna be the biggies for this year but here's a starter for some certainties, a lot of Stones Throw releases:

Prince - sounding good
Hefner
Dam Funk
Harmonic 313
Badu - Return of the Ankh
Jay Electronica
Dorian Concept
Kode 9 + Spaceape
Fat Freddy's Drop
Stonephace
Heliocentrics / Mulatu collab
Hudson Mohawke

still not sure about D' although the rumoured collab with Prince seems both interesting and also long overdue. and he's also supposed to have worked with Mark Ronson, which should be really interesting.

This might sound dumb. Adding on to what all of you said, because I am looking forward to all of the above projects, Blink-182 are reuniting. I know, some silly little punk/alt. rock band, whatev right? Well, B-182 was the first of their genre I listened to, so they serve a special place in my youth. It was the thing to listen to in 7th grade! I'm kind of excited to see what comes of them.

Back