Were some songs off of the "The Jacksons Live!" album overdubbed

GGC

Proud Member
I definitely think some songs were taken from some concerts, but I also feel others were recorded in the studio because the mic quality and instruments sound too perfect. At certain points in Off The Wall, you can hear two of Michael's vocals at the same time.

I agree but anyway they should release more Michael’s/The Jacksons concerts in spotify

I definitely think some songs were taken from some concerts, but I also feel others were recorded in the studio because the mic quality and instruments sound too perfect. At certain points in Off The Wall, you can hear two of Michael's vocals at the same time.
Bill Schnee: "They did do some fixes in post production. I believe some guitars, all of the background vocals, and some of Michael's vocals were re-done."

Yes they did. That’s not uncommon for live releases.

It's a live studio album, so yes. So they can adjust mistakes in the background vocals and band.

it's confirmed that they re-recorded stuff later... even vocals.

You can hear the original vocals in most songs, especially the 2009 remaster.

There's definitely a mix of live and recorded studio vocals on it. Rock WIth You is definitely studio, and Working Day and Night you can hear the original live vocal throughout. The difference between the audio on the LA 81 show and other 81 clips is astronomical.

Even some of MJs adlibs are in different places in songs.

And it's still amazing.

Bill Schnee: "They did do some fixes in post production. I believe some guitars, all of the background vocals, and some of Michael's vocals were re-done."
That’s interesting.
Wembley audio is on Tidal too.
I cant find it. It might only be available in certain countries.

You can hear the original vocals in most songs, especially the 2009 remaster.

There's definitely a mix of live and recorded studio vocals on it. Rock WIth You is definitely studio, and Working Day and Night you can hear the original live vocal throughout. The difference between the audio on the LA 81 show and other 81 clips is astronomical.

Even some of MJs adlibs are in different places in songs.

And it's still amazing.
Yeah still sounds great and I guess he wanted it to sound as clean as possible.

Thanks for the link. I should've looked it up on here first lmao

Btw, even TWYMMF (15 July) on the Live in Wembley was slightly overdubbed at the end of the performance with vocal probably from another Wembley show

Btw, even TWYMMF (15 July) on the Live in Wembley was slightly overdubbed at the end of the performance with vocal probably from another Wembley show
It wasn't overdubbed. The audio is straight up from another date entirely.

For whatever reason, the estate chose to mix the audio from the July 14th concert with the video of the July 15th one.

As for the main topic's question, yes the Live album was heavily overdubbed. Even stuff that didn't need to be overdubbed, was, due to MJ's own perfectionism.

For whatever reason, the estate chose to mix the audio from the July 14th concert with the video of the July 15th one.

As for the main topic's question, yes the Live album was heavily overdubbed. Even stuff that didn't need to be overdubbed, was, due to MJ's own perfectionism.
I think it was the other way around

It's the other way around, brother. July 15 audio with July 14 video.

Back