WEMBLEY 1988 16th July ( Thriller Performance ? )

brunomj

Proud Member
i was wondering and i hope so... is the Thriller performace with the " M " Thriller Jacket??? like on photo?

I hope so much that its with this jacket, we havent seen any footage of it.

012.jpg

Re: WEMBLEY 1988 16th July ( Thriller Performance )

Seeing the trousers style and the silver mic here, there is a chance he did perform with the M jacket

023.jpg

yes, the photo i posted looks from Rome 88, viewing the trousers and the black gloves. i know he used the jacket in Wembley too as we can see on the amateur recording of the 15th July. i wonder if he used it on the 16th also.

He performed July 15 th with the black mic so we still have a chance.

Don't worry I am just like you....I really hope he did wear the M jacket as well as the wolf mask.....and then the illuminated famous thriller jacket :)
Then I will be happy....can't wait for September !

Its a cool jacket but i think the original red one he had from the music video looked cooler on him, dont know why but i feel like that one was more "MJ style" but either way i am still happy, out of the trillions of people who were born on Earth i am blessed enough to have actually been born in a time period with the King of Pop MJ in it, and now i can finally own his most legendary concert on DVD... ever since i heard the news i am still flipping inside out like crazy, this is the best thing that has ever happened to me... if not the best thing that will ever happen to me!!!

He always wore the '' M '' Jacket in 88/89, then right before the dance routine he changed his jacket on stage to the Red one with neon lights.

yes, the photo i posted looks from Rome 88, viewing the trousers and the black gloves. i know he used the jacket in Wembley too as we can see on the amateur recording of the 15th July. i wonder if he used it on the 16th also.

That picture cant be rome. as he performed dirty diana with a white half-ripped tshirt instead of the silver shirt and thriller was the next song after that.

He performed July 15 th with the black mic so we still have a chance.

Nope. I don't quite know why some people say that.
I was said for a fact from someone whom I trust -

14th - black mic
15th - silver mic
16th - silver mic

very important ...

That picture cant be rome. as he performed dirty diana with a white half-ripped tshirt instead of the silver shirt and thriller was the next song after that.

well if that aint Rome, it can only be New York, Kansas City or any date from North America tour from 88.

I hope so my favourite jacket of the Bad Tour, imagine cool it would have been if he had worn the jacket from the video

he wears both jackets during the performance.

well if that aint Rome, it can only be New York, Kansas City or any date from North America tour from 88.

well it could be Turin or Vienna rather then USA, going based on the buckled pants.

Last edited:

^^I think he was talking about the pic from the first post which is this one...

012.jpg

^^I think he was talking about the pic from the first post which is this one...

012.jpg

MJ wears black gloves on both hands?? - Never seen that before.

Was it cold og part of the costume?

well it could be Turin or Vienna rather then USA, going based on the buckled pants.

I don't think it's either from Turin or Vienna, I strongly believe that's from the New York show. And I don't think that's Kansas, because the silver jacket has no zipper then.

that first pic is from New York, and he wore both jackets during the performances of thriller throughout the entire 88-89 leg of the tour.

Thanks for these, I can't believe I was 10 days old :wub:

MJ wears black gloves on both hands?? - Never seen that before.

Was it cold og part of the costume?

I believe he used them too prevent rope burn from his entrance (the 'swing - in' ) :)

I would have preferred if the estate could have found the masters to the 15th and 16th shows because then their would have been a possibility we could of had both concerts on Blu-Ray, do you think if the estate find the masters they will release Wembley on Blu-Ray?

I would have preferred if the estate could have found the masters to the 15th and 16th shows because then their would have been a possibility we could of had both concerts on Blu-Ray, do you think if the estate find the masters they will release Wembley on Blu-Ray?

I guess they would. Maybe for Bad 30. But I really doubt they'd ever find them.

I guess they would. Maybe for Bad 30. But I really doubt they'd ever find them.

They should check every film they have about Michael. It could be somewhere in their warehouses.

They should check every film they have about Michael. It could be somewhere in their warehouses.

Well, yeah they should. But we can't know how much effort they're putting in it. Maybe none..

Back