Weekends Daily News Nov 20 - 22 - Julian's auction post 9

mariemarie

Guests
Michael Jackson's This Is It - Behind the camera with Videographer Sandrine Orabona

Photo by Reel Sessions Clearly Michael Jackson's This Is It has a life of it's own. I saw this movie at 10:30am and boy did I get a surprise. I was expecting an empty theatre this early in the morning. It was packed. I also expected the audience to begin dancing in the aisles from the onset.

Not the case. My expectations were way off. A few minutes into this unbelievable, one of a kind film, tears welled up in my eyes and began streaming down my face. I put my half eaten bag of popcorn to the side and my napkins turned into tissues. I know I'm not alone when I say Michael Jackson had been absent from my life... a life he had been very much a part of many years ago. I remember being put in a long time-out... »
- Trey Borzillieri

http://www.imdb.com/news/ni1209691/

Michael Jackson's Kids Are 'Wonderful,' Says Family Friend

Five months after their father's death, Michael Jackson's three children are thriving in their grandmother's care, longtime family friend Kathy Hilton tells PEOPLE.

Paris, 11, Prince 12, and Blanket, 7 are "wonderful, their grandmother is incredible and ... they could not be in better hands," Hilton said Tuesday at the launch of daughter Paris's beauty line at the Thompson Hotel Rooftop in Beverly Hills.

"I believe they are being home-schooled, which I think is appropriate for this year," adds Hilton, 50, who has known the family since she was 13. "They're getting along and they have an incredible family. They really are, I promise you."

http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20321463,00.html

Today in
Michael Jackson History

1991 - Armed men stole 30,000 copies of Michael Jackson's "Dangerous" album from a terminal at Los Angeles Airport.

2001 - Michael Jackson's short film "Cry" was released.

2003 - An arrest warrant was issued for Michael Jackson for multiple counts of child molestation.

2003 - Several wireless microphones were discovered outside the Santa Barbara County Sheriff's Department headquarters. This was the same day that Michael Jackson surrendered on charges of child molestation. The microphones had been found in an area typically used by employees during their break.

Michael-Jackson-Dangerous-24121.jpg

Re: Weekends Daily News Nov 20 - 22

Michael Jackson's doctor Conrad Murray preparing to sue AEG

Murray claims promoter AEG owes him money

Michael Jackson's doctor Conrad Murray is reportedly preparing to sue promoters AEG for $300,000 (£180,000) he says he is owed – for two months of unpaid services.

Miranda Sevcik, publicist for Ed Chernoff, his lawyer, said that AEG had been "dragging its feet" over the payments, hinting that a lawsuit was on the way. "Dr Murray needs the money and he's entitled to the money based on the contract he signed with AEG," she said, reports TMZ.

AEG had been organising the 'This Is It' residency at the London O2 Arena that had been set to take place last summer. Murray claims to have signed a deal with the promoters entitling him to the money after giving up his GP practice.

The doctor is under investigation for Jackson's death.

http://www.nme.com/news/michael-jackson/48422

Just checked Kenny Ortega's tweets and I noticed this...

HEADS UP, Don't forget! MJ AMAs SUNDAY NIGHT on ABC . Be there to root for the KING! with the L.O.V.E. TOY from a beautiful Fall day in LA about 6 hours ago from web

He also was at a rehearsal.........wonder if something special is gonna be done on Sunday?

Michael Jackson doctor bought drugs in Las Vegas

This may fit in another Murray thread, but I'm not sure where. Please move if so.

--

Michael Jackson's personal doctor bought anaesthetic Propofol in Las Vegas and had it sent to Los Angeles, newly-released court papers show.
Search warrant records show Dr Conrad Murray bought it in May at about the same time he was hired by Jackson.
The coroner investigating Jackson's death has ruled it was homicide, primarily caused by Propofol.
Dr Murray admits administering the drug to Jackson on the day he died - 25 June - but denies any wrongdoing.
He says he had been injecting Jackson with the drug at the singer's rented Los Angeles house each night to help him sleep.
Propofol is a powerful anaesthetic normally administered to patients having surgery in hospital.
The newly-released documents were made available following a request from lawyers representing media outlets including the Associated Press, the Los Angeles Times and celebrity website TMZ.
They reveal that investigators found receipts in Dr Murray's Las Vegas office showing that he bought Propofol on 12 May from Applied Pharmacy Services.
Dr Murray, who has not been charged with any crimes, bought five 100ml bottles of the drug costing $853 (£515).
The Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA) said that Dr Murray, who is licensed in Nevada, California and Texas, had not broken any laws in buying Propofol in one state and administering it in another.
Dr Murray's lawyer Edward Chernoff said there were no surprises in the documents.
"The fact that Dr Murray ordered five bottles of Propofol is consistent with what he told investigators," he added.
Los Angeles police are treating Jackson's death as a homicide investigation.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/8372198.stm

Re: Michael Jackson doctor bought drugs in Las Vegas

If he bought it on May 12th I wonder when he received it? Seems very close to the "6 week" claim of how long Murray gave MJ propofol. At least that proves that MJ wasn't doing this drug long-term, but was only using it to get sleep so he could get through rehearsals. :(

I had no idea Murray was actually licensed in California. I guess that would cover being able to administer drugs in that state too?

Re: They selling Michael's stuff from Auction :S!! LIVE

:cry:

abosultely distasteless,
what has the world come to.

There is no audio now .. i think it will come later

Ehhh :(

I'm trying to watch for a while. But there's not sound still.

Wierd.. there was before.. but its had gone 4-6 minutes after i made this thread

Michael Jackson's glove sells for shocking $350G at auction
By Michael Sheridan
DAILY NEWS STAFF WRITER

Saturday, November 21st 2009, 7:57 PM

Julien's Auctions/AP

Michael Jackson's unique glove sold for $300,000 at auction on Saturday.

Talk about a "Thriller"!

Despite an economy that's seeing record unemployment and businesses closing, it's good to know that some people can still shell out thousands for a keepsake.

The King of Pop's famed white glove adorned with rhinestones that he donned in 1983 when he debuted what would become his iconic moonwalk, sold at auction at the Hard Rock Cafe in Times Square on Saturday for an eye-popping $350,000.

The amount was a whopping nine times the pre-sale estimate of $40,000.

Also sold at the auction was the very black fedora Jackson wore that same day. It only went for $22,000.

Michael Jackson glove sells for $350,000

He wore rhinestone-studded glove for famous 1983 moonwalk dance

NEW YORK - The gleaming glove Michael Jackson wore when he premiered his trademark moonwalk dance in 1983 has been auctioned off for $350,000, plus tax and auction fees.
As the glove’s price soared Saturday, fans roared and squealed with pleasure — echoing the kind of frenzy that accompanied the late pop star on his tours.

51db7527-139d-47b4-baf9-78889fe3baee.widec.jpg

The rhinestone-studded white glove Jackson wore on his left hand for his moonwalk on Motown’s 25th anniversary TV special was the top item among the memorabilia auctioned at the Hard Rock Cafe in Times Square.

Sold to Ponte 16, a Hong Kong resort hotel, the glove went for about nine times its pre-sale estimate of $40,000. With taxes and fees, the new owner is paying $420,000.

A jacket that Jackson wore on his 1989 “Bad” tour fetched $225,000 — 20 times its low estimate of $8,000.

The sale, held by Los Angeles-based Julien’s Auctions, also included a fedora Jackson wore for the moonwalk. It sold for $22,000, against a $2,000 high estimate.
While Jackson didn’t invent the moonwalk, he did popularize it with his Motown performance.

The pop icon, who died June 25 at age 50, gave the glove to Walter "Clyde" Orange, of the singing group the Commodores, after the 1983 performance.

Jackson fans waited hours Saturday for his costumes and other memorabilia to come up for sale.
Linda Derogene, 54, said she was willing to spend up to $5,000 for a piece of her idol, who she never got a chance to see in concert.

"I can't even tell you what it would mean for me. It would be like a dream come true," she said.

Anita Bailey, 43, of Queens, said she hoped to be able to bid on a jacket
or outfit, but felt the glove was out of her price range.

"I'm going to leave the holy grail alone," she said.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/34084928/ns/entertainment-celebrities/

20-11-2009) In a recent interview with Billboard Magazine, 2009 Season 8 American Idol winner was asked who inspired him? Allen answered,

I just watched "This Is it" last night. Michael Jackson was the biggest star the world has ever seen-he put so much into everything; a lot of attention to detail. I want to do that. I want to pay that kind of attention to detail in everything-in music, visually-all of that."

Kris Allen's first self titled album with his first single "Live Like We're Dying" was released earlier this week on November 17.

Source: MJFC / Billboard

Jackson, Swift face off

here is an article i found. it starts in 15 mins. so we'll see... :angel: for Michael!

Jackson, Swift face off at American Music Awards
Nov. 22, 2009, 12:42 PM EST
LOS ANGELES (AP) -- It's the country cutie versus the King of Pop at this year's American Music Awards.

Taylor Swift comes into Sunday's ceremony with six nominations. Michael Jackson has five. And both are up for artist of the year.

Also vying for the show's top prize are multiple nominees Kings of Leon, Lady GaGa and Eminem.

The American Music Awards honor the year's top-selling artists in the categories of pop/rock, country, rap/hip-hop, soul/R&B, alternative, adult contemporary, Latin and contemporary inspirational. Fans voted online to select the winners.

Swift, who has enjoyed a chart-topping year with her crossover album "Fearless," is up for female artist and favorite album in the pop/rock and country categories. She's also nominated for favorite adult-contemporary artist.

Jackson is nominated for male artist and favorite album in the pop/rock and soul/R&B categories for his greatest-hits collection, "Number Ones." The 2003 album surged in popularity after Jackson died in June at age 50.

Eminem has four nominations: Pop/rock male artist and rap/hip-hop artist and album for "Relapse," along with artist of the year. Lady Gaga and Kings of Leon have three nods each. She's up for female artist and album for her debut, "The Fame," and the Nashville quartet is up for alternative artist and favorite pop/rock band.

Other triple-nominees include Beyonce, Black Eyed Peas and T.I.

Even more than awards, the AMAs are about the performances, and more than a dozen artists are set to take the stage Sunday. Rihanna, Whitney Houston, Green Day, Jennifer Lopez, Lil' Wayne, Keith Urban, Jay-Z, Mary J. Blige and Adam Lambert are among those planning to perform. Janet Jackson is set to open the show with a medley of songs.

http://music.msn.com/music/article.aspx?news=443281&GT1=28102

Back