Weekend Daily News 18 - 20 Sep

mariemarie

Guests
Michael Jackson's Brother Tito Speaks About New Reality TV Show

Which airs later this year...

Michael Jackson's brother Tito has spoken about the forthcoming reality TV show The Jackson Dynasty.

The programme, which is due to be completed in the coming weeks and aired later this year, follows the remaining Jackson brothers.

"It basically shows the insides of the Jackson brothers, what they are about, what they are about musically, their recording and their personal life as well as their public life, as you guys know it,” Tito told BBC 6 Music.

The Jackson Dynasty was originally scheduled to be a one off documentary, but the show was extended following Michael Jackson's
mag-glass_10x10.gif
death in June.

Tito said he and his brothers were not concerned about the extra exposure the programme would create.

“If anything, they're gonna see how many girlfriends I have," he said.

Meanwhile, Tito is to perform Jackson 5 songs when he supports Gladys Knight on her UK tour this autumn.

http://www.gigwise.com/news/52493/Michael-Jacksons-Brother-Tito-Speaks-About-New-Reality-TV-Show

Court clears way for new Michael Jackson music

We were at a party at a major Los Angeles recording studio last week and the rumor was that in the studio beside us a Grammy-winning engineer and an executive very close to Michael Jackson were frantically working on mixing some previously unreleased Jackson tracks.

We sniffed around a little bit more and didn't get far, but some news today sheds a little more light on last week's activity. TMZ is reporting that attorneys for Jackson's estate were in court today asking for permission to make a deal with Sony Music (which owns the bulk of Jackson's catalog) for a soundtrack album that will come out around the time "This is It" arrives in film theaters. We don't know if our studio news and the soundtrack are related, but it's pretty easy to believe they could be.

As you know, "This is It" is a documentary culled from the rehearsal footage for Jackson's 50-show run at London's O2 Arena. The shows were slated to begin a mere weeks after Jackson's June death. The documentary will run for two weeks in theaters starting Oct. 26.

http://www.imdb.com/news/ni1000482/

Today in
Michael Jackson History

1984 - Michael Jackson won Best Overall Performance Video for "Thriller" at the inaugural MTV Video Music Awards.

1986 - Michael Jackson's "Captain Eo" opened at Disneyland in the Magic Eye theater. The film actually debuted in Disneyland's Journey into Imagination at Epcot Center on September 12.

1989 - A California Raisins commercial that featured a "claymation" version of Michael Jackson debuted on U.S. television.

eo-dance.jpg

SKZbBrQ9Kpzbbb37jtIa2ulLo1_r1_400.jpg

We sniffed around a little bit more and didn't get far, but some news today sheds a little more light on last week's activity. TMZ is reporting that attorneys for Jackson's estate were in court today asking for permission to make a deal with Sony Music (which owns the bulk of Jackson's catalog) for a soundtrack album that will come out around the time "This is It" arrives in film theaters. We don't know if our studio news and the soundtrack are related, but it's pretty easy to believe they could be.

Please correct me if I am wrong because it is so confusing, but doesn't Michael own his own catalog through MIJAC Music?

I know that Sony still owns the master recordings because they are supposed to go back to Michael next year or something like that. Is there a difference?

probably sony is rushing to get some money before they loose control?

Please correct me if I am wrong because it is so confusing, but doesn't Michael own his own catalog through MIJAC Music?

I know that Sony still owns the master recordings because they are supposed to go back to Michael next year or something like that. Is there a difference?

I think MJ has the publishing rights to his music through MIJAC. Not really sure though.

ET will air on Monday behind the scenes footage of the Jackson brothers from a photo shoot talking for the first time together since Mike's passing. I don't know at this time which magazine the shoot is for.

yes, Michael does own the publishing rights to songs he's has written thru Mijac.....

so Michael's kids are benefiting

Jacksons to Perform at UN's Show of Peace Concert?

United Nations-backed "Better World 2010" is a 365 day peace awareness campaign that will use the universal language of music, new media and globally televised events to spotlight the need for global peace and harmony. To truly make this a better world thru peace, its campaign will also look to highlight other growing concerns such as a cleaner environment, the need for water in certain regions, better education programs, cures for health conditions and aid to poverty stricken areas.

On April 17, 2010, the first globally televised concert event under the Better World 2010 initiative, Global Harmony Concert, live from Beijing, China will feature top musical acts from all over the world. Artists invited to participate in the April concert include:

Mariah Carey, Backstreet Boys, Beyonce, Diddy, Coldplay, Jay Z, Goo Goo Dolls, DJ Tiesto, Justin Timberlake, Rob Thomas, Wyclef, Mary J Blige, Chris Brown, Seal, The Dream, Aerosmith, Lady GaGa, Usher, Prince, Ne-yo, Maroon 5, Green Day, Marc Anthony, JLO, Juanez, Depeche Mode,Ciara, Nickelback, Daughtry, Britney Spears, Black Eyed Peas, Taylor Swift, Kelly Clarkson, Andrea Bocelli, Kenny Chesney, Alicia Keyes, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Snow Patrol, Placido Domingo, Rascal Flatts, Jason Mraz, Franz Ferdinand, Katy Perry, Duffy, Christina Aguilera, Jacksons, Gwen Stefani, Lang Lang, Mana, Sierra Leone's Refugee All Stars, Stefanie Sun, Jane Zhang, Han Hong, Sun Man, Xu Wei, Pu Shu, Karen Mok, Joey Yung, Elva Siu, Sammie Cheng, Jacky Cheung, Aaron Kwok, Chris Lee, Jolin Tsai S.H.E, Jay Chou, Leehom, JJ Lin.

VeriSign says June 25th, 2009 was biggest texting day in history

By John Connors ⋅ September 20, 2009
mjff-300x180.jpg

Here are some interesting stats when it comes to text messaging.

VeriSign, who delivers text messages for 700 carriers worldwide for over 3 billion wireless subscribers) has said June 25th, 2009 was the biggest texting day in history. Two records were broken that day: 1.2 billion mobile messages were delivered in a 24 hour period and also the most sent within an hour being 102 million messages (between 3 p.m. and 4 p.m. Pacific time).

The reason for the record breaking success is because that’s the day both Farrah Fawcett and Michael Jackson died.

In addition, VeriSign also stated they delivered 178.8 billion messages in the first half of 2009, this equals 26 mobile messages for each person on earth.

Charles Landry from VeriSign stated “The records set in the second quarter clearly demonstrate the ubiquitous and still-growing presence of mobile messaging in our culture. People continue to use the power of text messaging not only to communicate and engage with friends, but also to connect about significant events.”

http://mobilesyrup.com/2009/09/20/verisign-says-june-25th-2009-was-biggest-texting-day-in-history/

Farrah should have been the only one to die that day.

^ maybe it sounds mean but the way you said that made me lol. I know its not funny just don't ask why. :censored:

Other than that I say no, no, no, no, nooooo to that reality show. I personally think all they should do now is take a break, from the media. Just take a break, damn.

wow, that's alotta news..
1) i'm watchin the reality show
2) oooh, those captian eo pics...hotness! :)
3) did somebody say new music?!
4) take that MJ haters!!! MJ broke the texting record:pth:

Back