Wednessday, Jan 6,2010

rockstar

Proud Member
hi :waving:

'THIS IS NOT IT' – LAPD PETITION – SIGN IT NOW!
The 'This Is Not It' campaign is Michael’s last gift from us, his fans.
The campaign is asking for the L.A.P.D. to release their own official statements keeping us informed on the development of the investigation for what is possible.
It also asks for a thorough investigation conducted in a more timely manner in order to see those responsible for Michael's death punished by law.
On behalf of all those who loved Michael and who continue to grieve his sudden loss, WE ASK FOR JUSTICE.
Please, sign and share the below Petition everywhere (Facebook walls, Twitter followers, Youtube accounts, MySpace friends, media outlet links about Michael, MJ Forums, blogs and sites etc...) in order to achieve at least 50,000 signatures and get some answers from LAPD as soon as possible.
We must raise our voices as One and let the world know we want JUSTICE FOR MICHAEL JACKSON!
Click on the link below to watch the LAPD Petition video:-
http://www.facebook.com/l/42ec7;www.youtube.com/TINIasThisIsNotIt#p/a/u/1/5iU7OmCm22M
Click on the link below to sign the Petition now:-
http://www.facebook.com/l/42ec7;www.petitiononline.com/TINIxMJ/petition.html
Source: This Is Not It
-------------------------------------------------------------
NEW COLLECTIBLE MEMORABILIA TO FEATURE MJ
4th January 2010
Bravado, the world's leading global music merchandising company, has completed an agreement with Playmates Toys whereby they will create a signature line of figures and dolls for the most successful entertainer of all time, Michael Jackson.
"We are delighted to expand our successful line of Michael Jackson collectible memorabilia by working with Lou and his innovative team at Playmates Toys," stated Tom Bennett, Chief Executive Officer of Bravado. "This new line truly celebrates Michael's unmistakable style and irreplaceable talent. Bringing in Playmates as a licensee only further cements Michael's retail visibility and helps commemorate and preserve the legacy that is Michael Jackson."
"Michael Jackson as a global icon leaves a legacy in music, dance and fashion that remain unrivaled," added Lou Novak, President of Playmates Toys. "We will honor his talent and his art expression by delivering a spectacular, highly detailed product line to inspire fans, collectors and new found enthusiasts."
Michael's incomparable style comes to life as Playmates rolls out an authentic collection replicating iconic images with cool "Michael" dance poses, music and embellished fashions. First wave will launch in 2010.
Source: PRNewswire
------------------------------------------
PLANS FOR TRIBUTE TO MICHAEL JACKSON EXPAND
4th January 2010
The plans that began with a Jackson family museum, a center for the performing arts and a 300 room hotel are growing in the Jacksons home town of Gary, Indiana. Slated to be built on a 100 acre plot of city-owned land that is currently vacant, the project is break ground sometime this year.
New additions to the plans are an amusement park incorporating characteristics of Neverland Ranch and Chicago's former Riverview amusement park and a golf course. The amusement park will have roller coasters, trains and other rides familiar those who ever visited the old amusement park or was a guest at Michael's ranch.
There has been discussion as to whether offer bus tours of the Jackson family home and local places of Jackson history or to build a replica of the house.
"Everything is in the planning stages at this point, but we're moving on a fast track and we're looking forward to actually breaking ground sometime in 2010," says Odie Anderson, president of the project.
The project could cost $1 billion over a 10-year construction period with private donors paying the bulk of the bill. Anderson also said that he is looking to Gary for tax incentives. He did not report how much has actually been raised since October, when Gary mayor, Rudy Clay, announced two new foundations dedicated to raise money for the project.
"We're trying to extract the best and come up with a combination that made Riverview so attractive for kids of all ages as well as [have] special themes of Neverland that would be reminiscent of the Jacksons," Anderson said.
Source: LA Times

Sony launches Michael Jackson PS3 bundle

This really is it

Michael Jackson PS3 bundle launching in Japan on Jan 27

By Adam Hartley

Sony is set to release a Michael Jackson PlayStation 3 bundle, offering Japanese gamers the option to buy a console with a free copy of the dead king of pop's posthumous documentary This Is It on Blu-ray.
For ¥33,500 (£226), Sony Computer Entertainment Japan is bundling the Sony Pictures Blu-ray with a 120GB Hard Disk Drive "Charcoal Black" PS3 and a wireless Dualshock 3, a power cord, one AV cable and one USB cable.
This. Is. It.
The Michael Jackson PS3 bundle will be released in Japan on January 27, the day that the disk version of This Is It documentary goes on sale.
The Blu-ray version contains some real gems for Jackson fans such as previously unseen versions of tunes from Thriller. Plus, you also get a special PS3 wallpaper.
Meanwhile, debate rages on amongst the dead king of pop's fans as to the relative merits of Thriller versus his original disco classic Off The Wall… (For the record, we plump for the latter. Every time).

here is link:http://www.techradar.com/news/gaming/sony-launches-michael-jackson-ps3-bundle-661611

Michael Jackson's Estate Owes 328,299 Dollars

964320727_440540.jpg
spacer.gif
spacer.gif

Michael Jackson's estate has been hit by yet another creditor's claim - from an investment banking firm that handled the late pop legend's finances.

According to the latest creditor's claim, filed in Los Angeles Superior Court, Jackson's estate owes over $328,299 in unpaid fees to Signal Hill Capital, a small investment banking firm based in Baltimore, Maryland.

Attorneys for the company claim the amount is owed for "financial services related to music publishing assets". According to TMZ.com, creditors' claims against the "Thriller" hitmaker's estate have exceeded $20 million.

Other creditors include Jackson's spiritual advisor Revd. June Juliet Gatlin, his former skin doctor Arnold Klein, choreographer LaVelle Smith Jr. and the pop superstar's one-time manager and adviser Dr. Tohme Tohme.

Jackson's sister, Janet Jackson, and brothers Jackie Jackson, Tito Jackson, Jermaine Jackson, Marlon Jackson and Randy Jackson also reportedly have an ongoing royalties claim and have been listed as potential creditors.

here is link:http://showbiz.peacefmonline.com/news/201001/35946.php

$1 bn tribute for Michael Jackson

Late pop legend Michael Jackson is to be remembered in his native Gary, Indiana with a championship golf course and his Neverland-style amusement park worth $1 billion.
Members of the Jackson family and local businessmen hope to break ground on development of the first stage of a 'King of Pop' memorial site on the outskirts of Gary later this year, reports femalefirst.co.uk.
The 100-acre complex will feature a Jackson museum, 300-room hotel, amusement park and golf course, according to project president Odie Anderson.
He insists that planning work on the proposed site, which will take 10 years to complete and cost an estimated $1 billion, is on "a fast track".
Anderson said that organisers are currently debating whether or not to recreate the old Jackson family home or arrange for bus tours to the address from the proposed museum.

here is link:http://www.hindustantimes.com/1-bn-tribute-for-Michael-Jackson/H1-Article1-494289.aspx

Kovalev's dancing impresses

OTTAWA -- So what does Alex Kovalev do for an encore tonight?
The Funky Chicken? The Electric Slide? The Locomotion?
The Ottawa Senators would settle for seeing their 36-year-old veteran do the Moonwalk again. That means the Bruins will need to score at least four goals to beat them.
MOONWALK
Kovalev performed the backwards dance step made famous by Michael Jackson in the 1980s when he skated on to Scotiabank Place ice as the game's first star for his four-goal, one-assist explosion in Sunday's 7-4 win over the Philadelphia Flyers. Apparently, it wasn't the first time the shifty Russian showed he has what it takes for a future gig in Battle of the Blades.
"I started in Pittsburgh, when I scored hat tricks," Kovalev said yesterday, when asked about the orgin of his slick moves. "I don't know, it just kind of came to me.
"Since then everybody waited for hat tricks. All my friends kept calling (and asking) 'when are you going to get a hat trick? We want to see your Moonwalk.' Last time I scored a hat trick I didn't do it, and it was like, 20, 30 of my friends got disappointed. It was like: 'How come we didn't see your famous Moonwalk?' So this time, for fun, I just decided to do it."
Kovalev said it's not a skill he practises.
"My kids love Michael Jackson so it didn't take long to learn the moves," he said.
Kovalev entertained his teammates with a repeat performance during on-ice stretches before yesterday's practice.
"I think it's pretty well done," Jarkko Ruutu said. "I think what makes it even better are the white skates (he wears). It's special."
"He's a beauty," Nick Foligno said. "He likes to have fun. I think that's what's kept him in the game so long."
Kovalev had his first four-goal outing in his 1,190th game, bringing his career total to 405, but his 2009-10 output to just 11. More offence was expected from the talented winger signed by the Senators to a $5 million-US salary just two seasons after his last 35-goal campaign, but Kovalev has helped in other areas.
The product is more entertaining with him in the lineup, as at least once a game he puts on an exciting display of his puck possession skills. He is tied for second in the league with four shootout goals, greatly assisting Ottawa in an area it has long had trouble. His is also a much respected voice by his teammates.
What's more, Kovalev's centre, Mike Fisher, is enjoying the best season of his career, and Ryan Shannon's game has turned around dramatically since joining the line.
"There's some good chemistry on that line," coach Cory Clouston said. "I think the last five or six games that line has played very, very well."
The team, at 22-16-4, is seven wins ahead of where it was a season ago.
"If you compare the stats last year where this team was to this year, I think we're in perfect position," Kovalev said. "We're still in a playoff spot. We're getting some points, even without good players.

here is link:http://www.torontosun.com/sports/hockey/2010/01/05/12349656-sun.html

The night tragic Stephen Gately met his pop idol Michael Jackson

Stephen Gately with pop idol Michael Jackson

Tragic pop star Stephen Gately fulfilled one of his lifelong dreams when he met his idol, Michael Jackson.

As this exclusive picture reveals, the late Boyzone singer came face to face with the superstar in 1997.
Fans of the high-profile singers were left stunned when both men died just four months apart in 2009.
Stephen, who died last October from natural causes at the age of 33, was just 21 when he met Jackson backstage at Dublin's RDS.
The Thriller singer was in town for a sell-out gig at the Southside venue as part of his HIStory tour on July 19, 1997. At the time delighted boyband singer Stephen expressed his joy when manager Louis Walsh managed to score VIP tickets to the gig.
The pair watched the concert backstage close to where Michael's own family were situated, with Jackson's mother Katherine also posing for a picture with the young Dubliner.
However it was the meeting with his long-time inspiration Michael Jackson that really left Stephen on a high. Posing proudly here alongside his idol, Stephen looks the picture of happiness as he and Jackson smile for the cameras.

here is link:
http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/e...n-gately-met-his-pop-idol-*****-14623863.html

LoL, No no no no no, not you, Sony! :better:

A PS3 is a video game console that Sony makes.
I'm just wondering why this is a higher priority for them than working on getting a new song released. :thinking:

You're a-okay! Thanks for the news. :flowers:

I'm just wondering why this is a higher priority for them than working on getting a new song released. :thinking:

You're a-okay! Thanks for the news. ;)

Money

You're a-okay! Thanks for the news. ;)

ooh o.k thanks i think i misunderstand you :doh: thanks :better:

Didn't Sony also do this when the Dark Knight was released on Blu Ray? Money.....money, it's all about the money.

Michael Jackson Wanted To Collaborate With Lady Gaga

This Is It choreographer says MJ wanted Gaga as one of his guests at London concerts.

It could have been one of the most bizarre musical hookups in pop history. According to a new interview with Michael Jackson's choreographer, Travis Payne, the late King of Pop was a big fan of Lady Gaga and had tried to set up a meeting to discuss a possible joint project.
The revelation comes from a video posted on December 30 on YouTube by Amsterdam-based producer/actor Raffles van Exel, who asks Payne which artists MJ was interested in collaborating with before his death last June.
"I gave him a short wish list [of possible collaborators] ... and he was like, 'Sure, they can all come, as long as there schedules permit and it's not too much of a problem for them,' " Payne said of Jackson's humble response to a suggestion that he reach out to other artists to work with him on his This Is It series of shows in London. "Of course, I suggested Janet, of course Whitney Houston. ... Diana Ross and Mariah Carey we talked about. We talked about Missy Elliott. We talked about Usher, of course. We talked about Justin [Timberlake], Celine Dion ... Sting, Seal, Bono, Tina Turner. We talked about all these people that I thought were cool but that he liked."
Then, Payne said he asked Jackson if there was anyone else he wanted to reach out to. "He goes, 'Lady Gaga.' I go, 'Really?' He goes, 'Yeah.' He's the one who really got me to get into her. He literally told me, 'You gotta get into her. She's good.' So, I started listening to her music more and going on YouTube and looking at her performances, and I was like, 'He's right.' "
Payne did not specify in the video when these conversations took place. He said that last November, he got a call from Lady Gaga and told her the story about the conversation with Jackson. "She got moved by it," he recalled. A spokesperson for Gaga could not be reached for comment about Payne's claims.

here is link:http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1629123/20100106/jackson_michael.jhtml

Back