Wednesday, May 27, 2009 - mentionings & stuff

MsSnoop

Proud Member
No 'news' right now - how 'bout some entertainment?

I just saw this commerical - or actually I heard Michael singing, so I looked up at the TV :wild:

Jackson 5's 'I'll Be There' propels latest installment of 'Intersections' campaign

LOS ANGELES State Farm evolves its "Intersections" campaign with the debut of a 90-second ad tonight during the American Idol finale on Fox.

The commercial, which is set to the Jackson 5 song "I'll Be There," features emotional scenes of people looking out for one another. It's tagged with the brand's long-running "Like a good neighbor, State Farm is there" line. This is the fifth season State Farm has advertised on Idol.

Ad agency DDB in Chicago created vignettes including a mom holding a baby, a candlelight vigil and a couple in the aftermath of a storm. A woman is seen feeding her elderly husband and a dad spots his son as he takes his first jump into a pool. A soldier returns home to his mother.....

for the rest of the article:

http://www.adweek.com/aw/content_display/news/e3i7ee3d207fbb1fda3d7c6b9193970c6e5?imw=Y

truimphtour23.jpg

Michael Jackson Mentionings:

Local talent a rising star

Wellington Times -
“For my 14th birthday my brother Phillip gave me a Michael Jackson DVD and I really liked watching his moves,” Mr Carr said. “My brother then taught me how ...

Dance your way to vibrant health

Jakarta Post - ‎
... adding that poppin' lockin' is an old dance technique with robotic movements such as those performed by Michael Jackson and Justin Timberlake. ...

Yeah Yeah Yeahs' 'Heads Will Roll' Music Video

AceShowbiz -
The New York City-based alternative rock band, are seen in the video, singing the song in a dark alley with a werewolf doing Michael Jackson's moves in ...

USF baseball hits national stage in dance off

Tampa Bay's 10 -
The crowd saw an array from Michael Jackson to the Irish river dance. To finish it all off, each team slid head first across the tarps with the Huskies ...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MJJC Members!

gemini27
jaXXXon
MJTurkFanEliF
Jaxxon
dangerousxo

dance.gif

Today in
Michael Jackson History
1972 - The Jackson 5 single "Little Bitty Pretty One" hit #7 in the U.S.

2006 - In Tokyo, Japan, Michael Jackson received the Legend Award during the 2006 MTV Video Music Awards

as you watch this video (again and again) watch the tear in the t-shirt...it goes up and down :D
- try to concentrate on the t-shirt and not the 'rocking' :wild:​

it's interesting that in the rest of the article about the state farm commercial, the company spokesperson says that they're trying to stay 'relevant'. and this, while using a Jackson 5 song. for a lack of a better way of putting it.....how ironic.

Not sure if this has been posted already, if it has, then I am sorry..:
Jennifer Batten won't be part of Michael Jackson's concerts, Orianthi is his new guitarist

mj233.jpg

Jennifer Batten, Michael Jackson's guitarist since the Bad Tour, just announced to MJBackstage that she won't be part of the This Is It shows at the O2.

However, Michael Jackson booked a young female guitarist named Orianthi, who will maybe take the role of Jennifer Batten during the concerts.
lc538f38e0e5f7953c07e3d.jpg

Orianthi already played on stage with artists like Britney Spears and Carlos Santana.

MySpace: http://www.myspace.com/orianthi
Twitter: http://twitter.com/orianthi

From her Twitter page:
Citation:is happy that her sister is back and is looking forward to rehearsals starting up again tomorrow..band is sounding awesome!
about 17 hours ago from web
http://twitter.com/orianthi/status/1920999372

We've also learned that Jonathan "Sugarfoot" Moffett, who was Michael Jackson's drummer on stage since the Destiny Tour in 1979, confirmed on his Facebook page that he will be part of the O2 concerts this summer.
n560150632_970727_2902.jpg

MySpace: http://www.myspace.com/jonathanmoffett

Sources: MJBackstage / MJFrance Forum (Thanks to PMJ) / MJDreams.net

thanks for the information guys! :D
so exciting

lol...I actually saw that commercial when American idol was going on...Last wednsday...and
my aunt was like..."is that...is that Michael singing?"...and am like "yep." she goes..."my gosh, his voice is amazing."
me: "uhh...i've been saying that for the past years..."...I was this close to sayng "DUHHHH".:smilerolleyes: but since she's older than me...I had to respect her...*cough*...lol :D

It was surprising she said that because...she was one of the people in my life that said that he was gonna be guilty...But I'm glad she's turning around...Wooohooo!!!:clapping::punk:

haha i was watching judge joe brown yesterday, guy w/ his baby mama for four yrs, crashed her moped and won't pay for it. he was wearing a military inspired jacket...wasn't working, has five kdis and isn't supporting them...

so judge joe asked if he was gonna be a stand in for michael jackson! lol it was hella funny!

lol,. I never noticed his magical shirt in 'come together'!!! lol
Thanks for the news/mentionings~ :yes:

Does anyone know where wannabestartinsomethin (Nicole) has gone? I miss reading her posts. Has she been around lately? It's not the same without her.

Christian

Thanks for the news... love the State farm commercial its so touching.
And the coming together video is just HOT!!!

Does anyone know where wannabestartinsomethin (Nicole) has gone? I miss reading her posts. Has she been around lately? It's not the same without her.

Christian

HA! You're not alone. I was just thinking that a few days ago and how much I miss reading her posts.

Thanks for all the news. I'm really digging this Orianthi girl, though Jennifer will be missed on stage.

lol...I actually saw that commercial when American idol was going on...Last wednsday...and
my aunt was like..."is that...is that Michael singing?"...and am like "yep." she goes..."my gosh, his voice is amazing."
me: "uhh...i've been saying that for the past years..."...I was this close to sayng "DUHHHH".:smilerolleyes: but since she's older than me...I had to respect her...*cough*...lol :D

It was surprising she said that because...she was one of the people in my life that said that he was gonna be guilty...But I'm glad she's turning around...Wooohooo!!!:clapping::punk:

"I had to respect her...*cough*...lol" :lol: your funny, and thanks for the Tour News people!!

Just saw that State Farm ad just last night myself! Loved it!

I noticed this too. Given that I was at the taping of the video, it makes sense. Mike did at least 20 takes. Literally, that many. We were there from 6 a.m. until 8 p.m. When Mike goes to work, he goes to WORK. Funny note: the director kept saying to us that "if" someone should jump on stage and dance with Michael, that does NOT mean, you can do the same. Stay off the stage. As if anyone can't tell she is a plant. Anyhow, it was awesome, but did you know that after a single take I couldn't hardly hear a thing. Mike likes his music f ing louder than you imagine. Oh, and the set was ssooooooooooo cool. It just doesn't come across on the screen. It's a shame because when we taped it, I couldn't wait for everyone to see how AWESOME the stage was. Not sure why it didn't show, but it was one of the best sets I have ever seen. It was set up like an old Roman brick building that came to life in colors. Doesn't quite look like that on the video. Oh well. It was cool to see Yoko Ono, and the kids.

Today in
Michael Jackson History

as you watch this video (again and again) watch the tear in the t-shirt...it goes up and down :D
- try to concentrate on the t-shirt and not the 'rocking' :wild:​

I noticed this too. Given that I was at the taping of the video, it makes sense. Mike did at least 20 takes. Literally, that many. We were there from 6 a.m. until 8 p.m. When Mike goes to work, he goes to WORK. Funny note: the director kept saying to us that "if" someone should jump on stage and dance with Michael, that does NOT mean, you can do the same. Stay off the stage. As if anyone can't tell she is a plant. Anyhow, it was awesome, but did you know that after a single take I couldn't hardly hear a thing. Mike likes his music f ing louder than you imagine. Oh, and the set was ssooooooooooo cool. It just doesn't come across on the screen. It's a shame because when we taped it, I couldn't wait for everyone to see how AWESOME the stage was. Not sure why it didn't show, but it was one of the best sets I have ever seen. It was set up like an old Roman brick building that came to life in colors. Doesn't quite look like that on the video. Oh well. It was cool to see Yoko Ono, and the kids.

what exactly was this post about? LOL im having a slow moment i suppose, is this recent?

I never notice that shirt tearing itself like that.

And I'm glad you guys finally got to see the State Farm ad.

what exactly was this post about? LOL im having a slow moment i suppose, is this recent?

The person above (sfboys) was talking about the filming of the Beatles video "Come Together". - I believe it was shot in an airplane hanger in Burbank -

but did you know that after a single take I couldn't hardly hear a thing. Mike likes his music f ing louder than you imagine.

Thanks for sharing. That's how I expect it, don't ruin your ears, MJ!

The person above (sfboys) was talking about the filming of the Beatles video "Come Together". - I believe it was shot in an airplane hanger in Burbank -

Don't want to question you on this, but you meant the filming of Michael's video of the Beatles song Come Together? Sorry, not trying to step on your toes.:flowers:

Back