We Wouldn't Want Michael To Gain Status As A "Singles Artist"

billyworld99

Proud Member
There have been some fans I'm not saying those on here but on facebook and twitter that are disappointed that Mj's first single is not at the top of Itunes charts but the public been so used to autone and dance pop songs since the end of 2008 with lady gaga making the sound popular again then all of a sudden you have almost every singer out now that have similar dance sound and its dominated the radio and hold my hand its completed different then what's being played today like a breathe of fresh air, Now if you look at who dominates the itunes its katy perry, rihanna, ke$ha, jason derulo , tao cruz they have platinum selling singles but their albums fail to meet the expectations, sure have a hit singles but what good is that if it doesn't movitated music lovers to buy your album, Record Labels invest so much money and in return get little out of it and MJ is a certified strong album seller, and singles get played constantly over and over on the radio that it becomes overexposed and some just don't buy the album instead just purchase the song on itunes for $ 1.25, of course with the video premiere om oprah and everything the song will rise up but i think the overall performance of the album will matters most

Absolutely, michael never depended on one song ever in his life for any of his albums. He's a musical genius and that ain't how he got his crown. His entire albums have always dominated, not just one lousy song on each one.

We Wouldn't Want Michael To Gain Status As A "Singles Artist"

I honestly don't think that this new album will affect Michael's status or legacy simply for the fact that Michael is not here anymore...and obviously people know that. Michael is not the one promoting the album, he's not the one who put it all together, and he is not here to agree on a single. He isn't here to do anything. This posthumous album that Michael isn't even here to promote won't affect anything he's done in the past 40+ years. It's just not possible.

There have been some fans I'm not saying those on here but on facebook and twitter that are disappointed that Mj's first single is not at the top of Itunes charts but the public been so used to autone and dance pop songs since the end of 2008 with lady gaga making the sound popular again then all of a sudden you have almost every singer out now that have similar dance sound and its dominated the radio and hold my hand its completed different then what's being played today like a breathe of fresh air, Now if you look at who dominates the itunes its katy perry, rihanna, ke$ha, jason derulo , tao cruz they have platinum selling singles but their albums fail to meet the expectations, sure have a hit singles but what good is that if it doesn't movitated music lovers to buy your album, Record Labels invest so much money and in return get little out of it and MJ is a certified strong album seller, and singles get played constantly over and over on the radio that it becomes overexposed and some just don't buy the album instead just purchase the song on itunes for $ 1.25, of course with the video premiere om oprah and everything the song will rise up but i think the overall performance of the album will matters most

Great point, I never thought of it that way. I guess these days with Itunes, all ppl have to do is download the song and put it in their ipod and that's it. Why even bother with the album if all you want is that one song. Come to think of it my nephew does that with other artists. But with Michael he has always bought the physical release of the album. Thank you for that interesting explanation.

Back