We NEED studio footage!!!!!

SkyWalk

Proud Member
Just think there is 'new' never before seen footage of MJ performing singing dancing - somewhere.

Why does it never get released or leaked ....? Or is there actually no footage really!!?

Maybe they are saving it so we will see it soon in a forthcoming video ? :/

Just think there is 'new' never before seen footage of MJ performing singing dancing - somewhere.

Why does it never get released or leaked ....? Or is there actually no footage really!!?

oH there is footage belive me.
Like we saw Michael in studio recording some songs etc..
I wish more studio footage or reahearsing will be available son ( especially last 10 years,Invicible- This Is It)

the making of bad was shot on film, including the footage we saw for just good friends, ijcsly, todo mi amor etc. hope it's released as a feature length with beta tape footage as bonus features.

BAD short films, making of's, studio footage, bad tour blu ray.. moonwalker re release with several behind the scenes.. imagine it! and a bonus disc featuring further unreleased bad session song's... bad 40th anniversary perfect package.

Maybe they are saving it so we will see it soon in a forthcoming video ? :/

That's all that ever seems to be happening Wendijane. They keep saving and saving and saving them. When will we actually see the saved footage one might wonder. I just hope it won't take a decade for them to be offically released.

I think the point is that as far as 'commercial viability', this kinda thing only holds value to the fans. A mainstream release of this stuff my not be at the top of the list of things to do so... unless the footage ties in nicely with a current project (like Xscape), it may be a while before its released x

I think we'll start seeing more studio footage pop up when it comes time for Dangerous 25...if they decide to do that album (which they should!).

the making of bad was shot on film, including the footage we saw for just good friends, ijcsly, todo mi amor etc. hope it's released as a feature length with beta tape footage as bonus features.

BAD short films, making of's, studio footage, bad tour blu ray.. moonwalker re release with several behind the scenes.. imagine it! and a bonus disc featuring further unreleased bad session song's... bad 40th anniversary perfect package.
Ohhh the possibilities! but why wait until Bad 40th? yeah I know it's Dangerous' turn but I'd love to see more BAD era stuff soon! Oh dreaming costs nothing. But I do love this whole 'package' you put up there.

Maybe a box set of footage from diffrent eras, only sold online as it would really only appeal to fans.
And certainly this is a good idea, too! I'd looove something like this in the future. Material from all eras sounds wonderful, also.

In my own opinion, the reason studio footage isn't being released in huge amounts is because the estate have done very few projects in which the inclusion of such footage would make sense. They shouldn't simply throw it onto a random project simply because fans want it; it has to be cohesive with the project itself.

For the BAD 25 documentary, releasing such footage would make complete sense. It chronicled the making of the BAD album; therefore, it would make sense to include it. But for the XSCAPE documentary? That makes no sense whatsoever. That documentary was exploring the reproduction of the eight included songs; including recording footage of, say, Just Good Friends, then, would make no sense whatsoever.

In my own opinion, the reason studio footage isn't being released in huge amounts is because the estate have done very few projects in which the inclusion of such footage would make sense. They shouldn't simply throw it onto a random project simply because fans want it; it has to be cohesive with the project itself.

For the BAD 25 documentary, releasing such footage would make complete sense. It chronicled the making of the BAD album; therefore, it would make sense to include it. But for the XSCAPE documentary? That makes no sense whatsoever. That documentary was exploring the reproduction of the eight included songs; including recording footage of, say, Just Good Friends, then, would make no sense whatsoever.

Can you upload emails from your source yet?

Uh, he basically had videographers in some capacity around him all the time. There are countless hours of footage. This doesn't mean we will ever get to see it or that it will ever be leaked.

If it's in storage, why would it just leak out unless an employee makes a copy or something.

I would absolutely adore to see some studio footage from the early Jackson 5 years. From my knowledge, the earliest (released) proper studio footage is the 1976 session with the Jacksons performing Jump for Joy. If any J5 recording studio footage exists, I would absolutely love to see it.

Rodney Jerkins could've given the estate some of the footage for the Xscape project... the studio footage i wanna see most is 'The Making of BAD' though, the snippets in the documentary look incredible. Hope for more.

Rodney Jerkins could've given the estate some of the footage for the Xscape project... the studio footage i wanna see most is 'The Making of BAD' though, the snippets in the documentary look incredible. Hope for more.

I was EXTREMELY disappointed with the documentary that was included with Xscape. It was all talk about what they had done with the songs and patting themselves on the back. It was almost like Michael was completely forgotten. I was so angry

Wasn't it Fred Jerkins III who said that he has the studio footage?

Last edited:
I was EXTREMELY disappointed with the documentary that was included with Xscape. It was all talk about what they had done with the songs and patting themselves on the back. It was almost like Michael was completely forgotten. I was so angry

I didn't get that feeling at all. I was happy that they were celebrating MJ. The doc was too short though.

It was all talk about what they had done with the songs

...what else would they talk about? Only Jerkins had worked with MJ before, can't really talk so much about the man if you've never met him. I think Jerkins briefly mentioned some stuff about MJ? I can't remember, I only watched it once.

I mean, sure some extra studio footage would be nice but I do have a feeling some of you over-estimate how much footage the Estate really have in their possession. I'll be keen to see what happens with Dangerous 25 though :)

Does anybody know if there are studio footages from the Dangerous album??

Wasn't there a news report, showing Mike and Bruce Swedien selecting the tracks, for the album (in the studio) that maybe hints that there is footage....

I do have a feeling some of you over-estimate how much footage the Estate really have in their possession.

Oh no, people UNDER-estimate how much they have.
Michael was always having someone document his life (from concerts to home movies. I mean this dude had people on his payroll JUST to film him hanging out at home). It wouldn't surprise me if he had people film him brushing his teeth at night :D

While he wasn't always having a camera when recording, I'm sure there's hours of studio footage.
Maybe there was none for these specific songs. Or maybe they didn't want to bother with putting that footage with the documentary.

Oh no, people UNDER-estimate how much they have.
Michael was always having someone document his life (from concerts to home movies. I mean this dude had people on his payroll JUST to film him hanging out at home). It wouldn't surprise me if he had people film him brushing his teeth at night :D

While he wasn't always having a camera when recording, I'm sure there's hours of studio footage.
Maybe there was none for these specific songs. Or maybe they didn't want to bother with putting that footage with the documentary.

Yeah. We dont know what estate has.
Im sure theres plenty of MJ Personal moments and studio footage in vault.

Bill Botrell:

There was often a hand-held video camera shot by a trusted employee, like Brad. Occasionally, a full film crew would come in, as in the Andre Crouch choir session for "Earth Song"

Back