We Aren't The Only Ones Wanting New Material.....

smoothcriminal12

Proud Member
Updates About The Unreleased Michael Jackson Tapes

Richard Altomare, the former president of Universal Express threated Michael Jackson several months ago with taking him on court and "giving the boy a lesson". Now Jackson prepares for his next studio album, and Altomare is busy with keeping his ass out of jail.

Altomare turned out to be a professional scammer who tried to get posession over some unreleased Jackson tapes. Below you can read the latest updates about these tapes:

"Altomare initially insisted in writing that he, not Universal Express, owned the master tapes of the Jackson recordings, and did not turn over those tapes to the Receiver until ordered to
do so by this Court. (See Order of Jan. 11, 2008.) In any event, the cost of the litigation over the
memorabilia, in addition to the cost of the memorabilia’s maintenance and preservation, will
likely turn out to be more of a liability than an asset for Universal Express."

I know, it's old.

Source: http://lesliemjhu.blogspot.com/

Last edited:
Richard Altomare PLAYED himself, and therein lies the results. Had he played nicely, they most likely would have been able to work something out, that would have been beneficial to all parties.

And he's STILL in jail.

....I don't really understand what he wants.....
Can someone explain the whole story from the beginning???

That's so stupid. Why on earth would this guy own Michael's master tapes!? lol

I don't understand the title of this thread. What does him owning master tapes equate to him wanting new MJ material?

Last edited:
The memorabilia litigation is still quite a mess... Altomore still owes Michael and Janet legal fees for the Nevada case after being found in contempt by the judge for falling back on the agreed settlement. Altomore appealed the decision to the supreme court, but it was declared unfounded and rejected. There's still some other random lawsuits going on in other states with various parties also claiming ownership of the memorabilia (including Henry Vaccaro). After much hassle and attempts of Altomore illegally selling the tapes "under the table", the unreleased master tapes were finally handed over and are now in a Florida storage, which the court receiver is paying more than $1,500 a month to maintain until all of this gets settled.

Back in May I did post a bit of an update about the case and Universal Express in general. http://www.mjjcommunity.com/forum/showpost.php?p=1438504&postcount=27

This is what I don't get. Why is Vocarro allowed to claim ownership of anything now when everybody knows he started this mess by selling things he knew he wasn't supposed to? I think this guy was banking on Michael going to jail after the trial. Then Vocarro sent Michael and Janet on a wild goose chase to get his things back when Michael was found innocent. Vocarro knew he wasn't even supposed to have that stuff and took and sold it anyway when the court told him not to. Why is Vocarro getting away with that?

Last edited:
Back