We already know that Michael is the greatest dancer in the world...

iboz75

Proud Member
So do you think that Michael is the greatest singer? I refuse to use past-tense.
:wub:

well no one is better.

Perfect mix of style, technique & emotion.

He refered once to singing being like acting and that is exactly what he does with his voice. He changes the character of it in a multitude of ways from almost comical in Wanna Be Startin' Somethin' to mornful in 'Who Is It' as just two examples.

The ability to sing loudly with great clarity (Break Of Dawn, Man In The Mirror etc) and also having the ability of doing the total opposite when exposing his voice to all faults in Gone Too Soon & Will You Be There where every breath and mouth gesture is heard, almost like putting it under the microscope.

IMO, He just colours the lyrics better than anyone else, Honest and never cliche. A good example is at the end of 'Smile' the last time he sings the word 'smile' he captures several emotions which some artists fail to do in a whole album of work.

I could go on for ages and ages, lol. But I always have this discussion with people and leave them with something to seriously think about. As the years go on I believe the appreciation will grow, geezzzz he could have stopped when he was 12 and would still be considered one of the greatest vocalist ever.

I don't think he had the best voice, but I think he had the best vocal style.

I think he defnitely was the best singer...To me, it's not about belting it out and holding notes....The emotion that he can evoke in EVERY song...not one song sounds the same...That is genius to me..I prefer his style over ANYONE's...totally unique and beatiful

Here we are, breaking down Michael's neverending genious again :p

Michael's vocal range is amazing. He is consistently a good singer, although I will say that his vocals got better as he got better. There's something about his vocals on Invincible - perhaps he had some coaching, I don't know - they're just so strong and clear and beautiful. Particularly good. I wouldn't say that he's the best singer, but no-one can deny the man could SING! :D x

I don't think he had the best voice, but I think he had the best vocal style.

Nice said! :)
To me he too is one of the best singers there is and ever was but I'm also really lovin' Craig David. But with him it's pretty much the same thing - he has not an incredible voice but what he can do with his voice is really incredible - very talented! I haven't seen many such talented artists in my life...

Oh my God, hell YES he is. Can't describe MJs vocals, it's so unique and i've NEVER seen anyone just came close to his...

How many paople do YOU know, that's really can say "I don't like his voice". I NEVER heard that sentence before. If I meet people who don't like MJs music, they NEVER mention it's because of his voice..

And MJ as an ability to use a different kind of vocal range in EACH song, you can NOT find TWO songs, where his voice sounds the same.. That's REALLY unique..

Freddie Mercury is also one of my favorite singers, he had an amacing talent, and an amacing voice. But HE was using the same Vocal range all the time, hope you know what I mean about that. it's really hard to explain :D

MJ you're just beoynd AMACING!!!

When you listen to Michael's vocal hiccups and the adlibs he uses, I do think that Michael's originality, talent and pure genius make him THE best singer :)

No singer carried as much emotion in his songs as Michael. When other people sing other people's songs I can accept it. When people cover Michael songs it just sounds wrong.

For me Michael is THE DANCER first and singing goes with it. I don't think he had best voice but he had perfect technique as he always seek for perfection.

To me..EVERYTHING about Michael is perfect......I miss him so much..my heart still aches..:cry:

Back