Was there ever an official CD release of Off The Wall that replicated the cover art of the LP?

Mike P.

Proud Member
I was wondering if there ever was a release of the original cover on CD because I really like the design of the case unfolding to reveal the whole picture and I'd like to have a CD version of it that replicates this design.

I've never actually seen a copy of the CD in person that had the original artwork, The copy I've owned since Christmas of '96 when I got my first stereo has the same cover as the current Special Edition with only the bottom half of the picture as the cover.

If anyone knows where I can find a copy with the original cover design, I'd really appreciate it.

The original release of the CD in the late 80s had the original front cover and not just the legs from the back LP cover. I don't know when it was changed. I used to have it, but gave it away. The cover folded out, instead of being in a booklet form. That was back in the early CD days when the CD came in a long box.

Thanks, I'll have to look for that one then. I've seen copies of Thriller & Bad from the 80's, with the compact disc logo at the bottom corner of the cover and the original Epic logo, but I've never seen OTW so I never knew if it had the original cover or not.

All of my original MJ CDs that I had from when I was younger are from the early to mid 90's. I remember when I first got Off The Wall on CD for Christmas, I wondered why the cover was changed from the Cassette I'd gotten from a garage sale some time earlier.

I was wondering if there ever was a release of the original cover on CD because I really like the design of the case unfolding to reveal the whole picture and I'd like to have a CD version of it that replicates this design.

I've never actually seen a copy of the CD in person that had the original artwork, The copy I've owned since Christmas of '96 when I got my first stereo has the same cover as the current Special Edition with only the bottom half of the picture as the cover.

If anyone knows where I can find a copy with the original cover design, I'd really appreciate it.

I have a gatefold paperback OTW cd, with the original cover like you described :)

Awesome!:D Do you have any idea where I can find that edition?

No sorry, try shops that sell used items, ebay is also an option as always. :) I wouldn't say its "rare" but definetly something you don't see everywhere

:)

Back