Was the King of Pop, Rock, & Soul a reincarnation of the Maestro of Classical Music?

Stargirl

Proud Member
Michael Joseph Jackson.

Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart.

The first word that pops into my mind when I see these two names is...well...music.

They are innovators and they are musicians in every sense and more of that word.

Now, I have put a great deal of thought into this, and it has produced some, well, interesting conclusions.

Mozart was a child prodigy, the seventh child born to his parents - that too in a highly music-inclined family.
His father - a strict man who felt it was his duty to lead his children forth - confrolled, or "managed" Mozart for much of his life.
The man was considered a child prodigy before the age of ten and into his teenage years he had already gained tumultous acknowledgement.

Mozart was known for being a rather childish character though. Where his contemparies would try to get a good concerto composed, Mozart would hear the beginning tunes of his next opus opera while fooling around with an aquantince or friend in a friendly games of "tag" or hide and seek.

He was, even in his day, an oddity when it also came to dressing. While modern males of that time wore the standard white pony-tailed wigs and the perfect black breeches with trailored cut suits Mozart preferred extravagejt colours such as purple and red and pink to be adorned in, many times studded with luminous rock or just plain of lustre material. He also, oftentimes, would not wear a wig but just stylize his hair in his own and consider "eccentric" way or he'd wear some rather, shall we say "trend-diverting" wigs.

Mozart had a keen liking towards animals and children, especially the former has he kept many as pets throughout his life.

But Mozart's world was clouded with detractors (usually Italian like the infamous Salieri) who deliberately set road blocks for him.

As great as his works were, there was an opera where merely 9 shows ran and another yet even lesser.
Mozart, often speaking highly of himself when questioned in his art, was confused by the people around him as pompous and arrogant when, at heart, he was merely a child having a fit.

Mozart loved rhythm. He added dance to many of his operas and a general madness of movement in his pieces.

Mozart, as he - as they then said - "came of age" drifted away from his father and an employment he was under with another.
During that decade he made, arguably, his most famous opera "The Marriage of Figaro" (Thriller for those who do not ge the reference.)

Mozart, in appearence was a very thin man, pale and paler yet as he grew into age. In childhood, he suffered from skin condition similar to acne today.
Countless letters have described his voice very soft and like "silk" but strong and powerful when he wanted to be assertive.

Mozart, though achieved huge financial success, was at a period in his life hugely in debt - these days were prior to his death and also led up to it.

During these later days of his life, he became very prone to drinking alcohol (Painkillers - again, for those who do not get the reference).
He was stressed from many disappointing happenings in his life, professional and personal - including his wife leaving him.
Mozart was in the process composing, what he called and was layer accoladed, as his best and most famous work "Requiem" when he died.

He died in his sleep.

Also, Mozart often proclaimed that his work just came to him. He's merely be doing something else or just doing plain nothing when a note or notes would arise in his mind and, first played them on the piano, then writing them down.

Wow, stargirl! This was a very fascinating post to read. Thank you for bringing up all those comparisons.

Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if something like that could have happened. . . Mozart being reincarnated to Michael. That is a lot of similarities that you found between the two.

I also remember reading an article about Michael written when he was a child that said he was the greatest child musical prodigy since Mozart. I think it was from Rolling Stone, but am not 100% sure. Do you remember any of this?

^
I think I do!

They'd said one wouldn't see a talent like Mozart in 100 years...but add 100 more years to that and there is Michael.

I truly do believe Michael and Mozart's souls shared the same faucet of energy.

Also, I just saw the film Amadeus about Mozart and I couldn't help but think of Michael.

You should also see that film. It is very accurate and gives insight to the visual thinker.

Mozart and Michael really did have many similarities.

I have always found the two similar. I have seen Amadeus several times, it is a very nice movie indeed. But I don't think that Salieri was that mean in real life. The movie is just an interpretation, remember. But still a very good watch:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gQNdge41DGY

Last edited:
Stargirl I am listening to Mozart right now, and was thinking of starting a thread about Michael's own choice of music appreciation, but searched to see if anyone else had first before I did! Good job I did! lol :) Mike loved classical music didnt he! He said he particularly liked Tchaikovsky!

The magic flute Mozart wrote in a matter of weeks back in 1791!!
This was one of the last pieces he was working on just before his untimely and premature death. :-(

I agree, lots of parallels between Michael and Mozart, in that they were gifted in music from an early age, came from humble beginnings, had strict parenting, and died too soon..................leaving behind their footprint and legacy of genius to be enjoyed for generations and centuries to come................ ( which will happen in MJ's case..........)
xxx

Last edited:
When I read up on Mozart's life I thought it was interesting how eerily similar both of their lives were and how similarly they worked. Both were childhood geniuses who achieved fame and prestige early on in their lives and both met tragic and sad ends.

People like Mozart only come every couple of hundreds of years. Then Michael came. Now that Michael's gone someone like that won't come again for another couple hundred of years. I consider myself lucky having the privilege of being able to experience that.

Back