Was or wasn't Michael still anti-Sony before his passing?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remember his looooong speech from a few years ago, where he explained Mariah Carey came running to him, saying she was scared of her ex Tommy Motolla, and what not. The loooong speech where he explains he only owes Sony one more album and then he would finally be a free agent.

So did he or did he NOT squash his 'beef' with Sony afterwards? That's what i wonder. Cause if he really was anti-Sony till his dying day....WHY support anything Sony? People say 'let's bring Michael back to the top' yet they are forgetting that they are bringing Sony to the top...if you ask me.

He god rid of Tommy Mottola - then he moved on.

He made many projects with SONY after that. HE moved on, so I really don't see any reason why some fans can't!

Remember his looooong speech from a few years ago, where he explained Mariah Carey came running to him, saying she was scared of her ex Tommy Motolla, and what not. The loooong speech where he explains he only owes Sony one more album and then he would finally be a free agent.

So did he or did he NOT squash his 'beef' with Sony afterwards? That's what i wonder. Cause if he really was anti-Sony till his dying day....WHY support anything Sony? People say 'let's bring Michael back to the top' yet they are forgetting that they are bringing Sony to the top...if you ask me.

Couldn't agree with you more that's spot on, only if he was anti $ony during his final days that is.

But he did campaign against Sony, Sony kills music, but when Motolla left, he ended his feud with Sony? Wasn't this also after Invincible? So there haven't been many other projects after that...correct me if i'm wrong.

MJ DID NOT HAVE A PROBLEM WITH SONY the last 5-6 or years of his life.

Move on please

I believe Michael and Sony cleared their dissension in 2002 after that whole Invincible mess.
If not I highly doubt Michael would have released Thriller 25th or planned to release One More Chance in 2003^^

ALSO remember TUC - MJ participated in that and gave demos and more to SONY.

TUC - T25 - #1 - KOP albums - SONY should promote This Is It and more.

MJ did not have a problem with SONY.

Actually SONY stood by MJ after the trial.

ALSO remember TUC - MJ participated in that and gave demos and more to SONY.

TUC - T25 - #1 - KOP albums - SONY should promote This Is It and more.

MJ did not have a problem with SONY.

Actually SONY stood by MJ after the trial.

MJ did talk about a boxset he was gonna have released by Sony, and then he'd be a free agent. But ok, as you say...they settled their differences, so it's good.

I believe he would release new music with Sony. They had a meeting a few years ago where four new songs were presented.
He also didn't mind working with Sony to restructure his debts.

In his last years, I don't think he had a problem with them at all.

MJ did talk about a boxset he was gonna have released by Sony, and then he'd be a free agent. But ok, as you say...they settled their differences, so it's good.

Yes, but Thriller 25, for example, was a completely new project, not part of the old contract. It says something, isn't it?

I heard from a friend of Michael's who was also a member of this board, that Michael had a problem with Tommy not Sony and he was going to sign the same contract that has been signed. She also said he had reconciled even with Tommy before his passing.

Correct.

MJ's problem was with Mottola - NOT SONY!

Alec said it right above.

I believe he would release new music with Sony. They had a meeting a few years ago where four new songs were presented.
He also didn't mind working with Sony to restructure his debts.

In his last years, I don't think he had a problem with them at all.

I think financially this was the best thing, John Branca and John Mclain could do,
long time friends and co-workers of Michael was the executors of Michael Jackson´s estate
look beyond the feud to see the deals they made with Sony, I am sure Michael would have been proud,
it will keep Michael Jackson´s legacy alive, the deal they made with Ubisoft
which will keep us all entertained something Michael wanted,
he wanted to be immortalized
thats why he made historic songs and music videos, to live forever in that sense
and the music he made was intended to be released

let me clear this up and say it once and again
Michael Jackson himself recorded a lot of songs for his Children
so they never had to worry about money, so all this bullcrap about Michael never intended to release it is WRONG.

and I am tired of ignorant statements made like Will.i.Am
who said Michael was a perfectionist and he thought it was disgusting
that people was benefiting from his work, the only people benefiting
are Sony and more importantly his Children.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back