Was Munich 92 the only time MJ sang "Beat It" 100% live in its original key?

MJ Tempest

Proud Member
I've never heard another live recording where Michael sang this song 100% live in its original key (E-flat). It was interesting to listen to this, but too bad Michael was out of key on the verses.

Actually, Michael sang it live in the original key in one of the two Sydney concerts from the HIStory Tour, probably because the playback for MJ's vocals malfunctioned. The OTHER concert has been leaked in full, but for this particular concert, only a small sample of this performance exists:

The one time MJ sings Beat It 100% live on the HIStory Tour and there's no full footage available. Not even amateur fan recordings of it. Sometimes being a Michael Jackson fan is very frustrating lol

3:38 is where he begins singing live and I love it!
And I hate it all the same, why couldn't he sing some songs more like this? Even just a few more partials would have been nice.

I think we shouldn't demand too much from the man, although I ALSO LOVE when he sang the tunes 100% live, (which is why I love Bad tour) there's a reason why he used playback vocals, it must've been exhausting as he came of age and couldn't deliver great live performances as he could when he was younger. So, even when he sometimes was out of tune or made mistakes on the lyrics, I never complain because he always gave his all :yes: thanks for all the videos btw

I think we shouldn't demand too much from the man, although I ALSO LOVE when he sang the tunes 100% live, (which is why I love Bad tour) there's a reason why he used playback vocals, it must've been exhausting as he came of age and couldn't deliver great live performances as he could when he was younger. So, even when he sometimes was out of tune or made mistakes on the lyrics, I never complain because he always gave his all :yes: thanks for all the videos btw

The reason for him lip syncing in later tours was due to a number of things. On some songs the dance moves are so complex that it would be really hard to focus on the dancing and singing at the same time (Dangerous is a good example of this) and on the HIStory Tour MJ was clearly having problems with his voice. Just listen to the way he sings Wanna Be Startin Somethin and parts of Billie Jean and Beat It. His voice sounds really rough and scratchy

But when you see the This Is It rehearsals his voice his back to the way it was in the Bad Tour days and although none of us will ever know what MJ had planned it was said that he was planning on singing live as much as he could for This Is It.

I think it was a sound distortion due to the de degradation of the tape.

Back