Was MJ the Hank Williams of our time?

it was most likely not in our time, and in a different music genre than we all listen to. There are MASSIVE stars out there in Bollywood etc and most us may not have heard of them. Doesnt mean they were not massively famous.

That being said, there has never been anyone as famous as Michael

I just stumbled across this article, and the similarities are very spooky to me. Williams died, at a young age, after being injected with morphine by a doctor as well.

Here's the article:

http://musiccitysyndicate.blogspot.com/2009/06/was-michael-jackson-hank-williams-of.html

:mello:

Michael is the MICHAEL JACKSON of our time.

He has NO similarities to Hank Williams, Elvis or anyone else. He is in a league of his own.

Michael was MURDERED (IMO). Just because Michael is dead does NOT mean that now all the ISH that was written about him during his lifetime is NOW true.

If anything, I really wish the family had hired a private investigator to conduct a concurrent investigation into his death. He was set up and then killed (IMO). They are making it look like an accident (or overdose), but this is anything but.

Michael was NOT a junkie.

He had health problems (like we didn't already know that)-- and someone took advantage of those problems to inject him full of something. He is now gone because of it.

lol, people! Hank Williams is a very popular Country icon, and wrote many songs that are still covered to this day....and not just by country artists. He broke a lot of musical barriers as far as "sound" is concerned. He was extremely popular in the country/honkey-tonk/folk music genre.

And yes, he had a troubled life, but he was more known for being a raging alcoholic I believe. A very troubled man. I can see how someone would compare these artists deaths, but it isn't that close, imo.

His son Hank Jr. sings the NFL theme song. There's also his grandson Hank III, who performs underground country today. I'm pretty sure Mike knew who Hank Sr. is, since his mom is a big country music fan. I don't really know Hank Sr.'s music, but I like Patsy Cline which is about the same era.

lol, people! Hank Williams is a very popular Country icon, and wrote many songs that are still covered to this day....and not just by country artists. He broke a lot of musical barriers as far as "sound" is concerned. He was extremely popular in the country/honkey-tonk/folk music genre.

And yes, he had a troubled life, but he was more known for being a raging alcoholic I believe. A very troubled man. I can see how someone would compare these artists deaths, but it isn't that close, imo.

I wouldn't know who he was because I had never like country music or any other forms of it.

Back