Was MJ inspired by Diana Ross for the Invincible cover?

MJRemixed

Proud Member
Diana Ross "Blue" 1972 (released in 2006 though!)
870188.jpg

Michael Jackson "Invincible" 2001
AllCDCovers_michael_jackson_invincible_2001_retail_cd-front025889.jpg

;)

Seems Ross's record company actually stole the idea off Mike :)

Last edited:
Do you think Michael was the first person ever who put his face on an album cover?

I've always thought this. Glad someone else does too.

Hmm....

Well there is no doubt that Michael was heavily influenced by (okay, he worships) Diana.

But, MJ did change it up with the different photo in each quadrant.

I can see the influence there.

Some of you guys are not seeing it at all. LOOK at it.
Sure the face is on there as do a million other artists. Look at the sizing, facial expressions, features, font, placement of fonts in alignment of the face and eyes.

I guess some of you just don't have that creative eye! :)

Shame - you're missing out.

I think there comes a time in every artists life where they want a 'simplistic' look for their album cover..and alot have used simply their face. That is how I feel Michael may have been thinking with Invincible. He also did the colors - which also adds simplistic plus a Warhol feel to it. Simplistic Art by Michael.

It's pretty obvious somebody ripped a cover, sure everyone puts their face on an album, but the font, the facial angle, and the alignment of the wording under the left eye, are too similar to write off as a coincidence. Although, seeing as how Michael released Invincible in 2001 and this wasn't released until 06, I'll say someone was inspired by Michael.

Back