Was MJ addicted to drugs during DWT 1993 second leg?

IMWhizzle

Proud Member
I noticed that he was somewhat 'fuller' than the first leg. Is there a video performance of it?

He had a lot of health problems on the second leg. Dehydration, stress led to taking Valium and Xanax.

Just re-watching the performances I can see how it would take a lot even out of the most seasoned entertainers

Well, Michael did go to rehab after second leg or second leg was cut short?
From wiki: On November 12, 1993 Jackson ended the tour due to illness that required hospitalization.

I shall remind that MJ had Lupus and Lupus is treated with steroids which can cause "filling up", although I don't know for sure if that was why MJ put on weight.

Last edited:
I need to remember that there are so many kind of Drugs ...I'm always a little shocked to see this word

He had a lot of health problems on the second leg. Dehydration, stress led to taking Valium and Xanax.

Not just dehydration, he also had a migraine maybe from the burned area from the Pepsi commercial incident in 84', plus he had an oral surgery for his wisdom teeth before his court deposition in Mexico. It seems to me while he's in pain, the stress made it a lot worse for him which led to an addiction and voluntarily goes to rehab.

Didn't he carry the dependence to painkillers since the 1984 burn scalp accident? I read they're naturally addictive, so it was inevitable not developing such dependence.

Didn't he carry the dependence to painkillers since the 1984 burn scalp accident? I read they're naturally addictive, so it was inevitable not developing such dependence.

Yeah. I read that as well. He used multiple pain killers. He was stressed out. And then he got accused for the molestation which stressed him out even more which made him more dependent on medication...

What happened was, Michael was already taking meds before the burn happened, because of the nose job he had to fix the bad one. He then got burned which meant had to really start taking them you know, and then he was a litle dependent, like we all get. Then the incident happened and he became hooked.

Well more accurately I think, MJ wasn't dependent at all after the burn, but he was taking them obviously. It wasn't until he had reconstructive surgery (i think toward the late 80s, early nineties) - which involved an extremely painful procedure that stretches the scalp (quite literally), which also caused excruciating neurotic pain because I think they hit a nerve during one of the procedures. Combined with two doctors giving him stronger and stronger pain meds thanks to this, he was then developing a dependency, that he recognized and worked on even before 93. He was on the right track once he got on tour, until of course the allegations which caused him to seriously have a problem. Also he was in the care of ANOTHER doctor during the tour who decided to ignore/not look at his previous records and enabled the strong pain med usage. I think that was the full story.

@Doggone Lover:
I can't take my eyes off of your siggi... Michael is so hot and beautiful in that performance... that body... that face... that hair... my gosh...

Sorry for OT...

Michael unfortunately had many doctors in his life that instead of helping, they took advantage and screwed him braking the Hippocratic oath. I wasn't aware of the second reconstructive surgery on his scalp, it must be excruciatingly painful, I don't blame him if he needed the meds but I knew doctors were competing among them to give him stronger painkillers every time, they're the ones to blame causing Michael's dependency.

What happened was, Michael was already taking meds before the burn happened, because of the nose job he had to fix the bad one. He then got burned which meant had to really start taking them you know, and then he was a litle dependent, like we all get. Then the incident happened and he became hooked.

:coffee: What "bad nose job"? He broke his nose during an accident while rehearsing (some time between OTW and Thriller) and had it repaired, not elective cosmetic surgery. I recall hearing about that fall back in the day. The pain meds taken for that was more than likely a temporary thing as he recovered.

He's a lot slower in his moves as well during the 1993 shows. Never really noticed the "fuller" look but I always can tell instantly if it's 1993 by the speed he's moving at. The 1992 section of the tour was for me the absolute peak he was at ever and it's such a shame to see the greed and bs bring someone down that badly.

Back