Was Michael an extreme workaholic?

Remington Steele

Proud Member
It isn't breaking news that Michael really worked hard for what he achieved, of course. I also remember an interview (around HIStory era) in which he said himself he allows himself only few spare time, even though this doesn't mean he can't have fun playing (video?) games from time to time :yes:.

But regarding the time after his height of career (say about 1998-2009), at that time I didn't have the feeling he still did much music or anything.
Now looking at all the stuff that has been released - including things he created in this last era - makes me think "boy must he have worked a lot on it".

I mean, I can't even seem to get my 2 MJ mixes I worked on finished since 4 years and I hate myself for it ;)... even though it's a difference as it's not my job, this lets me feel even more impressed by MJ's tireless dedication and passion for all his creations.

What do you think about it?

Michael worked a lot for music. But he also loved fun and entertainment. If you've watched ''Living with Michael Jackson (2003)'' you can see that Michael said that he sometimes was driving throught hotel hallways with his electro chair when he was bored. He also played skating videogame. :yes:

Back