Was Michael a fan of Fleetwood Mac or was he ever known to have liked them or Stevie Nicks at all?

Mike P.

Proud Member
I have always been curious as after Michael they are my favorite artist/musical group. I know he joined them on stage during the end of their performance at Bill Clinton's Inauguration Ball, but outside of that has he ever said anything about Fleetwood Mac, any of it's members or their music?

Last edited:
No idea what he felt about them. Although Stevie Nicks reportedly said negative stuff about him afterwards, so he probably didn't like them on a personal level. She said something about him asking her for some foundation makeup and then giving it back because it wasn't the right shade. Another "LOL HE'S WEIRD" tidbit for people to get off on. :angry:

No idea what he felt about them. Although Stevie Nicks reportedly said negative stuff about him afterwards, so he probably didn't like them on a personal level. She said something about him asking her for some foundation makeup and then giving it back because it wasn't the right shade. Another "LOL HE'S WEIRD" tidbit for people to get off on. :angry:

Well, that's not that bad compared to what some other people said about him. Depending on how she said it it could have been meant just a funny story about him.

respect77;4019576 said:
Well, that's not that bad compared to what some other people said about him. Depending on how she said it it could have been meant just a funny story about him.

She said that he returned it, claiming that it wasn't light enough. The way it was framed made it sound like another "Look how white he was trying to be! He hated being black!" sorta thing. Having Googled it though, and finding the full quote, it doesn't come across as being as bad as I thought. I guess Rolling Stone or whatever magazine I saw it in just spun that tiny bit to make it seem like a bad thing, and the last half of her quote wasn't even mentioned, I think.

I remember before [we performed at Bill Clinton's 1993 inauguration], Michael sent somebody to find out if I had any foundation make-up he could borrow. I was using some light Chanel foundation at that time, and Michael sent back a note to say, thanks, but the foundation wasn't quite light enough for him. He meant that in show business, the stage is everywhere — it's when you leave the parking lot, when you go to the mall. It's about trying your best to be as perfect as possible. It's the reason Michael was like royalty. There's no other person like that, because the era of performers — the Frank Sinatras, the Elizabeth Taylors, the Sammy Davis Jr.s — is over. He was the last emperor.

Lindsey Buckingham of "Fleetwood Mac" fame was in "We Are The World."

ufa04.jpg

Kim Carnes, Steve Perry, Lindsey Buckingham and Kenny Rogers

ufa03.jpg
Bob Dylan, Kim Carnes and Lindsey Buckingham

...about 6:09

Amaya;4019919 said:
I remember before [we performed at Bill Clinton's 1993 inauguration], Michael sent somebody to find out if I had any foundation make-up he could borrow. I was using some light Chanel foundation at that time, and Michael sent back a note to say, thanks, but the foundation wasn't quite light enough for him. He meant that in show business, the stage is everywhere — it's when you leave the parking lot, when you go to the mall. It's about trying your best to be as perfect as possible. It's the reason Michael was like royalty. There's no other person like that, because the era of performers — the Frank Sinatras, the Elizabeth Taylors, the Sammy Davis Jr.s — is over. He was the last emperor.

Actually it's a positive quote. I don't take the "light enough" comment as snide remark. In 1993 Michael's skin was already very light due to the vitiligo.

Actually it's a positive quote. I don't take the "light enough" comment as snide remark. In 1993 Michael's skin was already very light due to the vitiligo.

Very true... I think it just came off as negative at the time since I recall the tribute mag framing it in a way to make another point about Michael "wanting to be white", because I don't recall the last half of that quote even being in there. I may have to dig out the magazine and verify (I'm 99% certain it was the Rolling Stone one), although I feel like I'd be reaching into a vat of acid by doing so. >.>

Yeah it didn't sound right to me that Stevie would be snarky like that she doesn't really dump on anybody like that so it sounded totally unlike her.

Queen of Rock Gives Legendary Advice

It’s obvious The Voice coaches all have friends in high places. “Rolling Stone” dubbed Fleetwood Mac lead singer Stevie Nicks as the Queen of Rock and Roll. She won two Grammys with the band and has garnered a total of 17 Grammy nominations, eight of them solo. She was thrilled to serve alongside Adam Levine and encouraged soulful artist, Chris Jamison, not to be nervous during rehearsal. The funny thing is Stevie quoted the late, great King of Pop, Michael Jackson, saying “If you’re prepared and you’re rehearsed then you don’t have any reason to be nervous.”

http://www.twcc.com/articles/2014/10/14/t/the-voice-blake-makes-a-dramatic-steal

The Voice

adam-and-stevie-450.jpg

Back