Was Greg Phillinganes suppose to play on TII?

Is he that the guy from the bad and dangerous tour who MJ rub his head after the man in mirror song when introducing him?

Is he that the guy from the bad and dangerous tour who MJ rub his head after the man in mirror song when introducing him?
Yes that's the guy, you see him with paint on his body in the "Come Together" segment in Moonwalker also.

Greg was great, he also worked on some of his alums, often wondered where he was for HIStory Tour.

No, I don't think he was supposed to be on the tour, but I know he played with the band during the Memorial.

No, Greg wasn't in the TII band and he didn't play during the memorial, the musical director on TII was Michael Bearden and Morris Pleasure played keyboards together with him.

This was the full This Is It band:
Keyboards: Michael Bearden, Morris Pleasure
Lead guitar: Orianthi Panagaris
Rhythm guitar: Thomas Organ
Bass: Alfred Dunbar
Percussion: Roger Bashiri Johnson
Drums: Jonathan Moffett (Also on Victory Tour & HIStory Tour)
Background vocalists: Judith Hill, Dorian Holley (also on Bad Tour, Dangerous Tour & HIStory Tour), Darryl Phinnesse (also on Bad Tour, Dangerous Tour & HIStory Tour), Ken Stacey

Like you see... mostly fresh blood

Greg would've been great to have. Those two had great magic together whenever I would watch clips of them.

What, this years BET awards?!

Yes, this years BET awards. He was playing the keys while Neyo sang The Lady in my life, Ciara sang Heal The World and at the end when Neyo and Jaime Fox did I'll Be There..

Greg did indeed play at the memorial. Teddy Riley said it himself. I'll find the clip. That's why at the end Greg was on the stage as they sang Heal the World and We are the World and had a flower on. Only those involved in the ceremony had on the flower.

He called into the Donnie Simpson morning show when MJ passed and they were reminiscing about MJ. He never mentioned anything about playing for TII. He's cool peoples :)

Back