Was 30TH ANNIVERSARY concerts FILMED IN HD???

cjdavis83

Proud Member
Hi

I recently read on a post somwhere, that the 30th anniversary concerts in 2001 were filmed in HIGH DEFINITION ...can anyone on here confirm this???

Thanks

C

Its possible, but it is unlikely.. The technology wasn't at all in demand back in '01

Well, early 2003, the Grammys started broadcasting in HD and it had already been in development prior (end of 90s)..also i heard the Montreux JAZZ festivals were filmed in high definition throughout 1990s..i even saw a 1993 festival with a HD, 1080i picture on SKY ARTS HD channel ..so it may well be possible!

even if it wasn't shoot in HD (digitally) it can be make in HULL HD easy. i think allmos all mj's videos and concert were shoot on 35mm film.
based on converted measures, a 35mm frame has 3 to 12 million pixels, depending on the stock, lens, and shooting conditions. An HD frame has 2 million pixels, measured using 1920 x 1080 scan lines. With this difference, 35mm appears vastly superior to HD

Oh yeah, although even Thriller exists in HD

well, thriller is upscale...(if you are talking about the HD version of thriller flowting on net) meaning it was re-encoded from a DVD source to a HD resolution.

thriller was shoot on a 35mm film.. meaning it could be easier scaned to a HD resolution and maintain a hi quality look

no one has seen any concert or Thriller in true HD yet, anyone can upload anything onto utube in hd but its not true hd only 720p at the most.

Plus you gotta have a HD lcd monitor to watch them in HD.

no one has seen any concert or Thriller in true HD yet, anyone can upload anything onto utube in hd but its not true hd only 720p at the most.

Plus you gotta have a HD lcd monitor to watch them in HD.

All monitors are HD.

Almost all films are shot in "HD", just not what you or I have come to know as things like 720p or 1080i. The question is will they ever release and HD version, and given that we all would probably like to have it, that leads me to believe the answer is a resounding "No."

I'm not to sure if Michael's 30th Anniversary concerts were filmed in HD. But his HIStory concert in Munich, Germany were filmed in HD by Sony as an experiment.

i think its not shoot in HD because back in 2001 there are no HD cameras around...thats what i simply think

The Tonight Show with Jay Leno began broadcasting in HD in 1999..

Most stuff is filmed in "HD", it's just not called that. Stuff isn't always filmed as you see it on broadcast or DVD.

Back