Was 2 bad/ghosts part of thriller?

iso_b

Proud Member
I dont no if anyone else has noticed but i have seen a few clips of the dancers dancing the same dance moves from 2 bad/ghosts short film. The vh1 special showed a clip of travis on stage with the dancers doing the 2bad/ghosts moves and on the dvd you see mj and travis doing the same moves....

were they going to use the moves for thriller or something??

No, they rehearsed some of the old routines to use the best parts of them for new routines... you can watch it on the bluray (Travis explains the "creating new moves" part).

For example, they used parts of '2 BAD' in 'The Drill' :)

Seeing and hearing Threatened kick in after the choir break at the end of Thriller, and then seeing MJ dance to it, is one of my absolute favorite parts of the movie -- it's completely unexpected and I remember the first time I saw it, my jaw just dropped to the floor :) awesome stuff.

However, I wonder about the 2 Bad choreography as well -- in one of the featurettes on the DVD (I don't remember which one), there's a very short clip of the dancers rehearsing these moves. It seems unlikely that they'd use them for Thriller, tho I guess they might work for Threatened... Maybe? I don't think I've ever seen MJ use a routine that is so strongly connected to one particular song (2 Bad in this case) with a different song, tho.

Some of the moves from 2 bad were used in the Drill , but Ghosts was gonna be included in the Thriller performance , i'm not sure how was it supposed to fit exactly , after Thriller , before Threatened , who knows

If anything, I would loooooooove to see MJ video of THREATENED, but it's never gonna happen...

...except if some rich investor/producer uses new hi-tech with lasers, 3-D stuff and hollographs to make it come true using MJs older or unseen videos or Avatar-like characters opening a possibility to the creation of new MJ VIDEO ERA now that he's sadly no longer with us.

Yeah, the coreography during Threatened was mostly or completely from "2 Bad" coreography. The dancers danced to it when the stage was going higher, Michael dancing on it.

YES it was recorded together like we heard it on the movie.. I posted audio from June 18th of Thriller from outside the FORUM and thats what we heard. I know from behind the scenes that they rehearsed more of the ghosts dance.. But I know that it was a medly together after Thriller, I heard it On June 18th, and posted before the movie was out.. I'm sure some of the audio is on this forum somewhere

Does anyone know what that beautiful choir break music is between Thriller and Threatened?

Is it completely new?

Does anyone know what that beautiful choir break music is between Thriller and Threatened?

Is it completely new?

It was played at the end of Titanic when Jack and Rose were in the water! (random fact number 1 :lol: )

Seeing and hearing Threatened kick in after the choir break at the end of Thriller, and then seeing MJ dance to it, is one of my absolute favorite parts of the movie -- it's completely unexpected and I remember the first time I saw it, my jaw just dropped to the floor :) awesome stuff.

However, I wonder about the 2 Bad choreography as well -- in one of the featurettes on the DVD (I don't remember which one), there's a very short clip of the dancers rehearsing these moves. It seems unlikely that they'd use them for Thriller, tho I guess they might work for Threatened... Maybe? I don't think I've ever seen MJ use a routine that is so strongly connected to one particular song (2 Bad in this case) with a different song, tho.

Oh yeah! Thats my favourite part of the film.....where the ramp goes up and he starts that random dance and motions for the dancers to carry on spinning!

Back