Wanna be startin' somethin' - question

Just put in the Thriller CD and push Play :D. Didn't anybody ever notice what I mean? Can you please check this noise at 4:12 min.?

Wow, I didn't notice it before. Yes, it sounds strange, but I don't know if it was intentional or a mastering error.

BTW, there's also an mastering error in MITM at 4:30, but you have to listen closely.

BTW, there's also an mastering error in MITM at 4:30, but you have to listen closely.

Wow, you're right! Did they at least correct that in the BAD Special Edition? If not, I can't take the "Remastered" thing seriously at all (not that I ever did).

Hm back to WBSS at 4:12, anybody know for sure whether this was intentional or not?

I thought it was intentional.. but it does sound like something falling so it could be a mistake or something. Like the door knock in Beat It.

I always thought it was on purpose, you know? part of the percussions, but I'm not so sure now. :) and never noticed about MITM.
btw, I just noticed my Bad case smells really good :unsure:

There was one song, i cant think of it off hand.
but there was the sound of the mic stand falling or something :lmao:

I thought it was intentional.. but it does sound like something falling so it could be a mistake or something. Like the door knock in Beat It.

:wild: Can you give a time index of the CD version?

There was one song, i cant think of it off hand.
but there was the sound of the mic stand falling or something :lmao:

Really? Which song could that be... very interesting.

Its intentional, you can clearly hear its in time with the music, its a percussion thats been recorded properly and Michael also used the same "part" after he says "breakdown" on the live shows.

Here another piece of info, Michael thought he never finished WBSS, i read this in an interview with someone (can't for the love of god remember who) several years back, but Michael was never happy and this is one of the main reasons it made so many transformations during his live shows, where most other songs stayed similar to the album cuts.

That's amazing to hear that Michael was never happy with it, because I feel that it's one of the most dynamic and timeless songs on Thriller.

WOW - I never heard these mistake before! :lol:

I highly doubt the door knock on beat it as being a mistake, its again in time with the music and changes in pitch slightly. Also no one in there right mind would knock on a door whilst someone is recording in a studio, its silly aswell as Eddies guitar would have been recorded using a jack lead so no open mic would have been in the studio. If its anything it would have been eddie knocking on his guitar of some percussion added by Michael.

The story about Eddie setting one of the monitor speakers on fire during the recording of his demo is funny, that one did actually happen though XD

I highly doubt the door knock on beat it as being a mistake, its again in time with the music and changes in pitch slightly. Also no one in there right mind would knock on a door whilst someone is recording in a studio, its silly aswell as Eddies guitar would have been recorded using a jack lead so no open mic would have been in the studio. If its anything it would have been eddie knocking on his guitar of some percussion added by Michael.

The story about Eddie setting one of the monitor speakers on fire during the recording of his demo is funny, that one did actually happen though XD

I can't remember where I read/heard it but (I think?) Michael himself said that it was a mistake.. someone had knocked on the door, forgetting that they were recording. I'll try to find the source!

I can't remember where I read/heard it but (I think?) Michael himself said that it was a mistake.. someone had knocked on the door, forgetting that they were recording. I'll try to find the source!

really, cool if u can find that quote. thanks

Back