Vincent Price Unedited on 'This is It' vs. original Thriller

BillieJean84

Proud Member
I noticed on TII they must have put in Vincent Price's whole monologue cause its alittle more than in original 'Thriller' ; on original 'Thriller' they must have edited Price's voice because of time constraint.

anyone else notice this ?

oh yes i noticed. i love that part it brings out Vincent Price well, he has a great scary voice and wow did he work it haha. i loved it.

i think are the same from the 2001 special edition

the first and second verse of Vincent Price...

I never liked that second verse, I think it originally got cut cause it wasn't as good as the first.

i so loved it!
It made thriller sound so "fresh"

i love the second verse of thriller rap. Its to bad they left that part out. But im glad they gave it new life in tii. And it is on the 2001 edition but its an extra its the recording of the rap with V.Price.

It wasn't redone, just included in the album. Vincent Price had already passed away in like the early 90's or something.

On the original pressing of the Thriller album, the extra "rap" lyrics were on the lyric sheet. The lyrics for the original longer mixes of Billie Jean and Lady In My Life were on it also. So that means the extra Vincent Price verse was probably cut for time constraints. Remember there were no CDs in 1982. If they didn't cut the songs, the sound quality would have been poor, or they would have to release the album as a double. That would make the album more expensive.

oh yes i noticed. i love that part it brings out Vincent Price well, he has a great scary voice and wow did he work it haha. i loved it.

Yepp, I really like it, too! It just fits in well but I have to say that I like the other one just as much as this! The new one fits in This Is It perfectly and the edited one we all already know for many years fits in Thriller perfectly! Tho' it could be due to the fact that we're already used to it... :)

Back