Vincent Price (Thriller) Felt Cheated By Michael Jackson According To His Daughter

Agent M

Proud Member
This is what Vincent's daughter Victoria says in her 1999 biography of her father:

"[Vincent's] desire to remain in the public eye often led him to accept paltry fees. His work on Thriller simply followed that pattern; but when the album began making its millions he was irate, feeling that Jackson should have materially acknowledged his significant contribution to the album's success. In truth, he was also angry with himself for not having made a more sensible financial arrangement . . . ."

"When a move was made to obtain payment for Vincent for the video usage, his agent was referred to the small print of the recording contract where a video clause was buried, and further payment was refused point blank."

"When it was reported that Michael had made a multi-million dollar payment in respect of charges of his possible misconduct with a young boy, Vincent channeled the ill feelings about his own mistreatment into a joke: 'All I can say is that Michael Jackson f**ked me--and I didn't get paid for it!'"

6daeaf3d.jpg

841adce1.jpg

Personally, I have little sympathy for Vincent. At the time of Thriller, he had already been in show business for 45 years so he should have learned to read the fine print by then!

Vincent clearly made a bad decision, he didn't know anything about the music industry or he clearly didn't hear the quality of the Music MJ was producing, he was offered a Percentage of the sales or a cheque their and then, maybe $10,000 I believe, but he took the money and ran!

Michael/Quincy didn't do anything wrong if he had read all the appropriate paperwork and made the right decision he would be minted now, his daughter is obviously irrate her inheritance does not include anything from Thriller in it.

In the end of the day Price was given two options. Either a set fee for his work or a share of the royalties. He chose the fee and chose the wrong option. You cant just change your mind half way through. Michael did nothing wrong here.

This is what Vincent's daughter Victoria says in her 1999 biography of her father:

6daeaf3d.jpg

841adce1.jpg

Personally, I have little sympathy for Vincent. At the time of Thriller, he had already been in show business for 45 years so he should have learned to read the fine print by then!

this isn't just true about Vincent Price making a bad decsison. this is true about a lot of people looking for a latter day check from Michael for thriller. nobody believed in THriller, the way Michael believed in it. he was the only one who thought this album would score twenty to forty million copies. we reacall Elton John's not thinking that MJ could outdo Thriller..and a lot of people thinking that, for that matter. Michael lived in his own little world when it came to his big beliefs. a good world, by the way. so many people financially treated him like he was living in a rediculous fantasy world. and when that fantasy world paid off, they wanted theirs. but, their lack of faith is their reward. that's how the business can, does and should work. it's the same for star wars, the movie. a lot of people thought that movie would bomb, so they treated it accordingly, in the beginning. when it didn't bomb, people wanted theirs..but..nope..they shouldn't get it. that's on them. the same went for mcdonalds, coca cola...it's nothing new. only thing is, nobody is looking at coca cola or mcdonalds or george lucas as a bad guy..just Michael.

and Vincent Price must have seen what he took as a lot, because he took it(and the execs didn't stand in the way of whatever choice Vincent Price made). now, all of a sudden it isn't a lot? i guess it's all in the mind.

same goes for the guys who took what they took in the mcdonalds, coke, and star wars situations.

Last edited:
I've got a feeling that Michael would not have minded giving Price more cash. After all, MU worked his cute butt off for months on the Victory tour, and gave all his earnings to charity. Price did make a great contribution to the album.

But I can see Michael in a meeting with the studio execs and others, saying he wanted to give Vincent more money. I can also see the execs discouraging him, saying if he did, he would be opening the doors for others to come after them. Since Vincent had agreed to a certain arrangement, if they changed it after the fact, why couldn't others ask for the same consideration? Everyone feels their contribution was just as viable. It was just probably easier on several levels to keep things as is with Price.

MJ's gifts seem like some kind of compromise. He couldn't give him money, but wanted to acknowledge his appreciation, and gave him "something".

He hardly made it a succsess he didnt even write the lines he just said them.
He should be gratefull he got paid and was part of history, the biggest selling album of all time.

To be honest.........I've never believed what Vincent's children have said regarding Thriller...........

They want to sell a book.............so they make up some trash concerning Michael Jackson and hope for the best!!!!!!!!!

If that's exactly what Vincent Price said, it only shows how stupid he was. Just one of those who wanted more share of the Thriller pie than they deserved. Seriously, I really don't get how his work can be seen as some crucial part of the success of the album. Come on, it's a musical project, not an animation movie or something!
To be honest.........I've never believed what Vincent's children have said regarding Thriller...........

They want to sell a book.............so they make up some trash concerning Michael Jackson and hope for the best!!!!!!!!!
Exactly. They, I mean, this woman and whoever around her regarding publishing this book, tried so hard to put something they thought juicy enough. Simple as that.

Right..

I, personally, could care less about what these people feel. He was a scary person, though. And just using Jackson's name to get a book published is too common that is outdated and continues to be disgusting. And from forth-party people too, who think they're famous just because their parent is X or Y, the parent, in turn, having worked with other famous people. Leeching.

“I’ve known Vincent Price since I was 11, and the first time I met him, it was at the NBC studios and he said [frowning] ‘Come here!...’, like that, in his kind of gruelsome voice, and I started to cry, ‘cause I was, I thought he was serious; so, I used to see him by turning the channels and those kinda…I think he was in ‘The Ravens’ and ‘House of Whacks’ or something…so, it..he scared me [laughs]”. - Michael, in 1999, for MTV 100 Greatest Videos special

The above quotation may be irrevelant, sure, but someone to say 'All I can say is that Michael Jackson [or anyone] f***** me--and I didn't get paid for it!', even though it's a joke and not a literal statement, it's malicious and tasteless and... just sick. Anyone expressing themselves like that in public is just scary.

Last edited:
He should've read the contract. *shrugs*
Exactly!

And if they want to blame somebody, they should blame Vincent Price's management and/or agent at the time. I mean, it would have been the agent/management who should have made sure Vincent got the best deal. They act like Michael was the artist AND the dealmaker. LOL!

Vincent and his peeps were OBVIOUSLY looking for a quick payday and didn't realize how huge Thriller would be.

He hardly made it a succsess he didnt even write the lines he just said them.
He should be gratefull he got paid and was part of history, the biggest selling album of all time.

This !

Michael was a very good business man and business shoul not be mixed with pleasure!sorry Vincent!

Well if he really did say that? How sad! He should have read the contract right! It is not MJ's fault!

But, this is not the first person to say how they wished they got paid more or envied how much the album sold and how little they got or could have gotten! Freddy Mercury of Queen wished he could have finished the recording he was doing with MJ for thriller after seeing how much it made!

Ola Ray wanted more just for starring in the video! Greg Phillinganes played on The Thriller LP and mentioned he didn't get what MJ made off the album! Eddie Van Helen wished he didn't do beat it solo for free after his friends told him how stupid that was!

Even Janet made a little joke about singing on PYT and how she didn't get a platinum record or something like that! So, Vincent isn't the first! Whether they all said it as a joke or really felt that why? I think it's still...well, stupid!

Last edited:
whos the idiot that didnt read the fine print? Whos the idiot that didnt set a price? oh ok

Well if he really did say that? How sad! He should have read the contract right! It is not MJ's fault!

But, this is not the first person to say how they wished they got paid more or envied how much the album sold and how little they got or could have gotten! Freddy Mercury of Queen wished he could have finished the recording he was doing with MJ for thriller after seeing how much it made!

Ola Ray wanted more just for starring in the video! Greg Phillinganes played on The Thriller LP and mentioned he didn't get what MJ made off the album! Eddie Van Helen wished he didn't do beat it solo for free after his friends told him how stupid that was!

Even Janet made a little joke about singing on PYT and how she didn't get a platinum record or something like that! So, Vincent isn't the first! Whether they all said it as a joke or really felt that why? I think it's still...well, stupid!

wow they all said that lol but eddie van halen did that solo for free and that's one of mj's biggest songs and vincent could've made millions off of his rap if he had faith that the project was gonna be a huge success and just accepted pocket money

Personally, Even though Michael said it was going to be the BIGGEST album of all time, it may still not have happened. So he can't really cry about it.

Back