Vietnamese Fans honour Michael

mjdove

Proud Member
all around the world, Michael is well known and an idol. I just found this

Local fans pay homage to Michael Jackson
20:50' 10/03/2010 (GMT+7)

VietNamNet Bridge – One year on from his demise, Michael Jackson will be honoured by Vietnamese fans with a tribute video.

Dance sport enjoys popularity

King of Pop’s death moves local musician

Hanoi rockers honour Michael Jackson

On an exceptionally hot March afternoon, two young boys, probably aged twelve, were moon-walking to Billie Jean in front of the Viet Nam National Academy of Music. The sight has become familiar to other students since these boys have been practising their dance moves since last September.

The MJ dance club was founded in Ha Noi three months after Jackson's passing. Anyone can join for free. Tang Ngoc Tuyen, 23, is the founder of the club. At first glance, he's a tall and slim guy, who bears quite a resemblance to Jackson. But on closer look, the similarity is more than just appearance.

Graduated from the academy in classical guitar, Tuyen now devotes his time to the dance club. As he has always told his students, the vision of the club is neither fame nor wealth, it is about uniting MJ's fans and remembering him. Tuyen grew up listening to MJ's music and never once lost faith in his idol, even though that faith was frequently tested. The only thing he chose to believe was the music and dance.

Nghia, 12, who joined the club last October, shared: "I only knew of Michael's music after he died, but I fell in love with it right then." He is one of the best dancers in the club and his favourite MJ song is Billie Jean. Most of the members are just like Nghia, they only started listening and watching MJ after he died, and immediately joined the army of the King of Pop. For two hours each Tuesday, Thursday and weekend afternoons, 30 MJ fans practice their moves with Tuyen. They are hurriedly preparing for something they have been planning for months, a Michael Jackson music video based on the original Thriller.

The partly self-funded video is currently in its final stage of production and will be wrapped in two weeks. Tuyen has negotiated with several television stations across the country to air the video on the first anniversary of Michael's death on June 25. Starring all 30 members of the club, Tuyen wants this to be made by true fans of MJ, but still professional.

Besides making this video, the MJ dance club have also taken part in various activities. They have performed in various talent shows, bringing MJ's dance moves back on stage to thousands of screaming fans, some of whom later joined the club.

The club also wants to continue Jackson's work as a humanitarian by engaging in various charity events such as visiting children's villages around Ha Noi. This Saturday, they will participate in the national blood campaign and give their blood to patients in need.

Tuyen humbly shared: "I hope these events will not only keep MJ's talent and art alive but also his humanity. I really hope people will finally understand him."

After the Thriller video is complete and broadcast, the club will continue with their dancing and social schedule. Tuyen has already planned the next video, which will be about the union of people, equality, love, and ultimately, healing the world. They are looking for foreign MJ fans in Viet Nam for their second video.

When I asked him how his love for MJ survived, his voice broke: "For me, Michael was the biggest talent in the world, but also the most misunderstood of all. His songs said it all and I believe in him."

VietNamNet/Viet Nam News

http://english.vietnamnet.vn/lifestyle/201003/Local-fans-pay-homage-to-Michael-Jackson-898171/

+++

King of Pop’s death moves local musician
13:32' 07/07/2009 (GMT+7)

Inspired by the late star, a young man pursues his artistic dreams

Minh Kien, Viet Nam's leading "beat-boxer", is an ardent fan of the King of pop, Michael Jackson, who died recently.

Beatboxing basically involves the art of producing drumbeats, rhythm and musical sounds with the mouth, lips and tongue, as well as imitating various instruments.

images1825085_MinhKien-MJ.jpg

He's bad: Minh Kien strikes a characteristic Michael Jackson pose.

Kien never met Jackson but he said there was an invisible string connecting him to the star. He felt they shared an appreciation of artistic ability, concern for life and charity.

Kien said he was a shy and quiet boy until Jackson's songs and video clips opened a new page in his life. His admiration for Jackson started at age nine when he watched the video clip Earth Song.

Being strangely enchanted by Jackson's voice and the song's soul, Kien searched for the artist's songs and information about him.

The more he collected, the more he admired Jackson's dance steps, style and above all, the message in the songs' themes on such issues as environmental pollution, child protection and racial discrimination.

The boy learned Jackson's dance movements, but because he spent so much time practising, his parents and teachers, who expected him to become an engineer and thought art might corrupt him, strongly protested.

Kien was discouraged, but Jackson's performances continued to motivate him to pursue his dream. At secondary school, he could dance so well that he was regularly invited to perform at other high school and universities. He was proud when called Kien Michael.

In spite of studying at the Faculty of Stage and Cinematography, the Ha Noi College of Arts, Kien concentrated on singing and dancing. While collecting Jackson's material, he realised his idol's music and performing styles seem ingrained in his mind, making it easy to understand.

However, following Jackson's steps does not mean totally copying.

"I often watch Jackson's dance steps over and over again to catch the soul and the techniques but I never pause DVDs to exactly copy each movement. The more difficult his movements are, the more excited I am. I keep watching and then create new ones based on my feelings. I want, when I perform his dances, for audiences to see I also have my own style. Not everyone can do this, so I'm proud of it", said Kien.

Kien never joined a regular dancing class but practised by himself after watching Jackson's video clips. He also learned from suggestions from senior artists and experiences while performing.

To improve his performance, Kien also designs clothes to resemble Jackson's wardrobe but being an artist who always tries to assert himself in the entertainment world, Kien only wears Jackson-like clothes he has designed.

While renown for his beatboxing and Jackson dances, Kien is also recognised as one of his most enthusiastic fans.

He's been an active member of the forum Michael Jackson Fan Club Viet Nam (www.mjfcvn.com) established in 2007 by a close friend, Tu Michael.

Fans use the forum to discuss and exchange information and images of Jackson. Members often meet to perform and learn Jackson-style performances and raise funds for charity, following an example set by their idol.

When asked about the scandals which surrounded Jackson, Kien said he looked at star's entire life.

"I appraise a person's dignity not by watching what he does in the present but by observing his life and work since his early days."

Kien said he also had to overcome a bad reputation held by some people and made-up stories. As a result, he sympathised with Jackson.

Nonetheless, Kien did not approve of certain aspects of Jackson's life, especially the way he wasted money. "Although he earned a lot and donated large sums to charitable organisations, he could have done more helpful things."

"Kien said he would always dedicate his career to Jackson, whose music would always be in his heart and those of other Vietnamese fans, successfully did.

He and his friends in the MJ Club will try to maintain their forum. When numbers dwindle, Kien will be among them.

Kien said forum members were preparing to commemorate Jackson with a large-scale ceremony later this month in Ha Noi.

VietNamNet/Viet Nam News

Updated : 11:21 AM, 10/02/2009
Michael Jackson gala night to be held in Hanoi
A night concert to mark the 100 days since the “King of Pop’s” passed away will be held at the Vietnam Exhibition and Fair Centre in the capital city on October 4.

The show will be attended by Tu Michael, Michael Thang, Van Navy, Minh Kien, Gia Huy Michael, Hong Ngoc, Thanh Bigtoe, Dam Vinh Hung singing Michael Jackson’s immortal songs like “Smooth Criminal”, “Dangerous”, “We are the world”, “Heal the world”.

A special dance routine will also be performed and the audience will have the chance to sign their names on a huge poster of Michel Jackson. The event is being organised by the world famous singer’s fan club in Vietnam.

Part of the concert’s proceeds will be donated to the children’s village in Thanh Xuan, Hanoi.

http://english.vovnews.vn/Home/Michael-Jackson-gala-night-to-be-held-in-Hanoi/200910/108440.vov

I've found on their site sooooo many images I never have seen. But they are so much. May be I am the only one who thinks the most are unique. Okay. I start with some, but tell me if they are not so new for you

img072.jpg

36ooqxj3.jpg
010.jpg
GOD_He_is_smiling.jpg

ghl.jpg

7.jpg

ipogip.jpg

afa.jpg

^^ Tic Tac Toe were the opening act on Michaels HIStoryConcert on Aug 10, 1997 in Hockenheim / Germany

*shake* I couldn't stand this girl group, whatever, they could not enthuse the audience, while their show you could hear: "Michael, Michael, .." *gg*

Back