Video of the MJ tribute on the Grammy Nominations Concert from last night

I like how the music was really close to the actual song. I liked his singing I just wish he would have stayed more with Michael's lyrics.

I think that is proof positive that only Michael could sing Michael's songs. Neyo comes close but there is only one original.

I'm torn : X

I love that Michael is being honored but no one could ever compare to his voice.

Thanks for sharing!

nice of them to do that... nothing against.. .but the song was not really the best to perform... i almost fell asleep... really...it lasted 3 seconds prior i say... ok, i am not going to watch it...

believe it or not I never heard The Lady in My Life until you posted this.

I gave the video about 60 secs till I went flying through Youtube searching for the original song.

This song is awesome, and it's from Thriller. How come I just now heard about this song. I never heard this song on TV when they would play MJ songs.

wow... that's unsane (nice way)..... that's one of his best song ever... :) nice home music... to lounge... love that song, love that voice... love it.... (talking about michael singing .... not the other one that made me almost sleep... :)

there is another song of him that is not known.. called "always" so sad... and so nice... if you take the time to listen the song... it goes up and up with all the strings .. it's beautifull.

I think that is proof positive that only Michael could sing Michael's songs. Neyo comes close but there is only one original.

God, we are comment twins- I was just gonna say that Ne-Yo DID IT TO ME at the BET awards (the only thing that did).

Maxwell gets a A- for effort. I LOVE MAXWELL, BTW, but I love MJ more....hee hee!!!

I gave the video about 60 secs till I went flying through Youtube searching for the original song.

This song is awesome, and it's from Thriller. How come I just now heard about this song. I never heard this song on TV when they would play MJ songs.

:bugeyed:bugeyed:bugeyed:bugeyed:bugeyed:bugeyed

It's the last song on the Thriller album - and it's a panty party throwing kind of song - not that I would, (who am I kidding?)

I WANNA TOUCH YOU BABY, WHOOO!!!
(Lay back let me keep you warm, you are the Lady in my Life)....

Nobody, nobody like MJ. NOBODY.

Whaaa? This is my favorite Michael Jackson song ever, despite the fact that he did not write it. Oh, you don't know what you have been missing never having heard this delicious song before! :)

I appreciate the tribute but I wish he had kept more with the original melody of the song. Makes you miss MJ that much more. What's this stuff at the end about painting your toenails? I wanna give you a back rub? That is so not MJ. LOL.

it's one of my favorite songs of Mike's. props to Maxwell for even attempting it but no one can sing it like Mike.

I was just going to say the same thing suzynyc. Appreciate the effort into staging this tribute, but c'mon singing about toenails and a back rub? That was not only cheesy, but that should have a been a part when Maxwell showed emotion, like MJ did when he was begging for it in his ad lib.
Maxwell is a very talented man, yet showing that he cannot do a super solid rendition of the song proves no one comes close.

Sorry but I did not care for this version at all. I love "Lady in My Life" -- it's one of my all time fave songs, but no one can sing it like Michael. This was a very poor version, imo.

What a fab tribute. I would not have wanted him to perform it anyother way, when ppl do MJ songs exactly like him they sound like karaoke. My cousin had never heard this song she purchased the cd the next day. win win for MJ. Oh and Maxwell is gorgeous.

Video of the MJ tribute on the Grammy Nominations Concert from last nigh

http://www.youtube.com/v/rDEMNLY4W58&hl=de_DE&fs=1&

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rDEMNLY4W58

Some excerpts from reports - MJ related.

Rapper LL Cool J, the show's host and co-producer, said he'd like to see the Grammy telecast include a Michael Jackson tribute with Usher, Justin Timberlake, Chris Brown and other obvious disciples performing an extended, elaborately choreographed Billie Jean. "That's what I think would be hot," he said.

Maxwell’s rendition of Michael Jackson’s Thriller ballad “The Lady In My Life,” were relegated to an outdoor stage.

Also at rehearsal was six-time nominated Maxwell who's had a critically successful return after a seven year hiatus. He will be paying tribute to Michael Jackson with "Lady in my Life."

"Everyone loves his dancing, uptempo stuff. I’ve always been the sucker for the romantic ballads that he does," said Maxwell during rehearsals.

cbsnews.com

Maxwell
The resurgent R&B star paid tribute to Michael Jackson by performing the Thriller ballad “The Lady in My Life.” Though his voice wavered at times, I wouldn’t overly disagree with presenter Smokey Robinson’s later declaration that he did a “good job.” (Frankly, who am I to disagree with Smokey Robinson about anything?) And the performance did seem a fitting tip of the hat to the late Grammy favorite. The trailer I saw during an ad break for the forthcoming Jackson brothers reality TV show? Not so much.

music-mix.ew.com

I loved the introduction. Lady In My Life is one of my favs:wub:

Video of the MJ tribute on the Grammy Nominations Concert from last nigh

http://www.youtube.com/v/rDEMNLY4W58&hl=de_DE&fs=1&

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rDEMNLY4W58

Some excerpts from reports - MJ related.

Rapper LL Cool J, the show's host and co-producer, said he'd like to see the Grammy telecast include a Michael Jackson tribute with Usher, Justin Timberlake, Chris Brown and other obvious disciples performing an extended, elaborately choreographed Billie Jean. "That's what I think would be hot," he said.

Maxwell’s rendition of Michael Jackson’s Thriller ballad “The Lady In My Life,” were relegated to an outdoor stage.

Also at rehearsal was six-time nominated Maxwell who's had a critically successful return after a seven year hiatus. He will be paying tribute to Michael Jackson with "Lady in my Life."

"Everyone loves his dancing, uptempo stuff. I’ve always been the sucker for the romantic ballads that he does," said Maxwell during rehearsals.

cbsnews.com

Maxwell
The resurgent R&B star paid tribute to Michael Jackson by performing the Thriller ballad “The Lady in My Life.” Though his voice wavered at times, I wouldn’t overly disagree with presenter Smokey Robinson’s later declaration that he did a “good job.” (Frankly, who am I to disagree with Smokey Robinson about anything?) And the performance did seem a fitting tip of the hat to the late Grammy favorite. The trailer I saw during an ad break for the forthcoming Jackson brothers reality TV show? Not so much.

music-mix.ew.com

Thank you for posting the video and the article.

Thanks for posting.
I liked more or less how he sang it, but anyway it was sweet tribute. Thanks again :)

Sorry.... I don't like how he sings one of my favorite songs of all time :no:

I didn't like his singing, nor his voice, but I think it was a very classy tribute. I am glad they did it and the words about Michael were perfect. Kudoz for this!
(and thanks for sharing!!)

Nice tribute.

But wow, he does a good job, but this really shows why Mike was a genius. No one can do a MJ song justice.

Did Michael get any nominations???....Or even announcements of any "Special" awards????

Back