video of friends hanging out before a Bad Tour show

AtlasAir

Proud Member
This guy uploaded this yesterday.
Friends hanging out in the parking lot of the Irvine Meadows Amphitheatre show of the Bad Tour, 11/8/1988.

This is so surreal because this is the kind of stuff you'd see today on twitter/instagram/facebook/etc.

I like the costumes they got on (Captain EO, TWYMMF, etc) :D

OMG! :bugeyed
kermit.gif
tumblr_m8pgrqJ7QC1r6kpk7.gif

That first guy was quite entertaining :D Thank you for this :)

"As you can see, this is a dumpster... but this is no ordinary dumpster ! This is a Michael Jackson Bad Concert Tour dumpster ! These are very special ya see" HAHAHA

This is absolutely priceless and surreal to me too. Irvine is pretty local to me, so I know this place. :D It's actually called the Verizon Ampitheater now and I've seen a concert there about 9 years ago (Bryan Adams and Def Leppard.) Unfortunately I was too young and unaware to ever see Michael in concert, but I've so been wanting to find footage for this particular concert, since it's the closest Michael ever came to performing where I live. It's pretty amazing to see this filmed back then lol. It's more empty. There was also a waterpark built in that area, which I have fond memories of, but that's been gone now too for a couple years. I wish they filmed at least part of the concert as well. I'm holding out hope on that. I'm just pretty speechless right now, so thanks for finding this video. :D

I'm guessing not because remember, these were probably those huge VHS camcorders. Not getting that inside the venues :D

And this was probably the smallest venue he played on the tour!

Pennywise_on_stage_during_KROQ_Epicenter_2013_at_Verizon_Wireless_Amphitheater_%28formally_Irvine_Meadows%29_2013-09-22_18-26.jpg

I'm guessing not because remember, these were probably those huge VHS camcorders. Not getting that inside the venues :D

And this was probably the smallest venue he played on the tour!

Wow, that's small ! Do you guys know how many people it could hold ?

Simply awesome, I would wish be living at that time, maybe in a possible reincarnation :/

Wow, that's small ! Do you guys know how many people it could hold ?

Around 16,000. By comparison, most arenas can hold around 18,000 to 20,000 people for a concert.
Not TINY, but just the fact that it was stadium seating with raised levels probably makes it more enjoyable and a better view than a regular arena show.

Around 16,000. By comparison, most arenas can hold around 18,000 to 20,000 people for a concert.
Not TINY, but just the fact that it was stadium seating with raised levels probably makes it more enjoyable and a better view than a regular arena show.

Oh that's actually quite decent to be honest. I imagine it would be a much better view than your average stadium :)

Wow. That's why This is It would've been so good, there would be this sort of material as the norm.

LOL! That's great! I'm sure they will always remember that great time they had. That looked like a lot of fun. :)

Love it, but I feel sad at the same time. I yearn for the 80s...

I LOVED this-those kids are hysterical. And love the picture of the arena too-it's a gorgeous place-or CA is just gorgeous, period.
Gosh, sometimes, I feel like BAD was just yesterday.

Back