VIDEO: Leona Lewis Covers They Don’t Care About Us

Moonwalker.Fan

Proud Member
lewis.jpg

The British R&B singer Leona Lewis performs an electrifying version of Michael Jackson’s “They Don’t Care About Us” live on tour.

Ooh this is an interesting cover. I like how it's different and she's a huge mj fan. I quite like it. Obviously no patch on the original but it iis good.

I don't like it. Maybe it would be better if I could actually understand her. Sometimes when people remake songs, they lake the emotion of the original writer and it just comes off as (for lack of a better word): soulless.

Last edited:
I think it sounds good. Hopefully someday we'll get a better quality version of it.

Oh lawd....:puke: Sorry, but I thought that was rather horrible and BORING most of all...and it only made me think "Michael, WHY did you have to die!!! :boohoo: We NEED you!!!! We need YOU to create music that one can listen to and songs that don't sound like every other song you hear!!!" :( It's great if Leona is an MJ fan and admires MJ....but still....that performance was like she'd be imitating Janet to an MJ song. Epic fail....JMO.

I love Leona but I didn't like this. This is an angry, powerful song and needs to be sung that way and she just didn't cut it for me.

At least she shows her love for mj in her tour...Lady gaga just mouths it off to get media attention and doesnt even do a little tribute for mj on her tour!

I don't know why u thought it was perfectly fine to mention Lady Gaga and to compare the two. Where in the thread does it say "please compare her to Lady Gaga?". Smh

That's a really cool remix of the song... great job Leona! =)

That wasn't too bad, when I saw the thread, I was thinking WTF !!!!! but it wasn't too bad, she's got nthing on MJ though.
Everyone who does an MJ cover is setting them self up for a fall, no one can do it like MJ, but I've seen a lot worse than this :)

That wasn't too bad, when I saw the thread, I was thinking WTF !!!!! but it wasn't too bad, she's got nthing on MJ though.
Everyone who does an MJ cover is setting them self up for a fall, no one can do it like MJ, but I've seen a lot worse than this :)

Yeah I felt the same way at first =) I've seen so many MJ covers where I just wanted to hide from embaressment for them lol... like this show they had here in France where french singers sang his songs... what a craptacular night I had LOL!! But compared to other performers, Leona to my eyes did a very good job!

Haha that's what I thought at first...but I think she did a great job! I don't agree with the part I bolded though. I think that people who do MJ covers aren't trying to 'do it like him' but rather that they are just inspired by him and want to sing out their own version. Yes, no one can do it like MJ...but these covers shouldn't be viewed in comparison but rather as simply a loving tribute. No fall for Leona at all, for me. I only hear her rockin' voice and see a new interpretation from another fan who is spreading the awesomeness that is Michael. :punk: All IMHO of course. :)

I'm just happy that someone did a song that wasn't from Thriller

lol..how bout that! i like it, considering it's a remake.

at first, i was shocked to hear someone do something that was a 'non' hit, for MJ. but then, i remembered, MJ died.
but one thing is for sure..those who think that the world doesn't know songs outside of Thriller, are obviously wrong.

people are sensitive and intelligent, and full of desire, enough to realize that since MJ never made filler, they would want to delve further into his masterworks, beyond Thriller.

and radio had and has no power over MJ, like it would over other artists.

Oh who cares if it didn't have soul, or wasn't perfect, she seems like such a sweetie and she showed the world that she loves Michael and admires him and that his music is still influencing her now :)

Thank you to the OP for posting this....I had to stop the video because it is to raw still to hear anyone else sing that song..but Michael...:boohoo:

sorry but I don't like this cover. this song is totally Michael..when others sing it its just not the same.
Thanks for posting anyway! :flowers:

Nothing agaisnt Leona or anyone else, but I can't stand to listen to other people's version of one of Michael's songs. I just can't bare to listen to it besides they can never compare to hearing Michael and the way he intended it to be. I feel the same way about to remixes to Michael's songs.

sorry but I don't like this cover. this song is totally Michael..when others sing it its just not the same.
Thanks for posting anyway!

Agreed, I have never liked anyone covering one of Michael's songs.

I liked it, but They Dont Care About Us is such a difficult song to do, i mean more for women with Leona's vocal style, she did her version, so i cant say anything bad, I'm open to see what other artists can do with MJ songs like this one, the harder ones, you know, he was so peculiar, its hard even for extremely good singers.
I think beyonce could do a good version of a hard MJ song, but not sure!!!!! may she just cant, just saying, thats for females,
with male vocalists, well men should be more like harder style you know, agressivity was one of the major factors on these kind of MJ songs, but its hard, really really hard, you know im bad im bad really really bad, (sorry i went off topic with the last phrase) lollllll

Oh lawd....:puke: Sorry, but I thought that was rather horrible and BORING most of all...and it only made me think "Michael, WHY did you have to die!!! :boohoo: We NEED you!!!! We need YOU to create music that one can listen to and songs that don't sound like every other song you hear!!!" :( It's great if Leona is an MJ fan and admires MJ....but still....that performance was like she'd be imitating Janet to an MJ song. Epic fail....JMO.

I agree

Oh who cares if it didn't have soul, or wasn't perfect, she seems like such a sweetie and she showed the world that she loves Michael and admires him and that his music is still influencing her now :)

:agree: agree

Back