Usher To Release ‘Versus’ On August 24th (the offical tracklisting is now posted**)

billyworld99

Proud Member
On the heels of his successful, critically-acclaimed current album Raymond V. Raymond, Usher is gearing up to release Versus, an extension of R V. R with eight new songs on August 24th. On that day Usher fans will also have the opportunity to purchase Raymond V. Raymond (The Deluxe Edition) which will contain all songs from Raymond V. Raymond as well as Versus. The new set will include his current R&B hit “There Goes My Baby” and collaborations with Bun B, producer Polow Da Don and others.

Versus is a conceptual sequel and final chapter of Raymond V. Raymond — an album in which Usher uses music to explore the dichotomies of his life as a newly single man/father.

The lead single from the new set is “DJ Got Us Fallin’ In Love” featuring Pitbull and is produced by the inimitable Max Martin — who has worked with some of the top pop artists in the world including P!nk, Katy Perry and Britney Spears. “DJ Got Us Fallin’ In Love” will be delivered to radio stations world-wide this coming Monday morning. Shortly after, “Hot Tottie” produced by the hitmaker Polow, will be delivered to radio on August 9th.

Released late spring of 2010, Raymond V. Raymond reclaimed Usher’s dominance on the charts, debuting at No. 1 on Billboard’s Top 200 Albums and R&B Albums charts spawning five hit singles: “Papers,” “Hey Daddy (Daddy’s Home),” “Lil Freak” featuring Nikki Minaj, “There Goes My Baby” and the pervasive summer smash, “OMG” featuring will.i.am. Additionally, Raymond V. Raymond held the No. 1 spot on Billboard’s R&B Album chart for seven weeks and since has sold over six million tracks and ringtones combined.

Usher’s ninth No. 1 single, “OMG,” has had over 3 million tracks and ringtones to date and held the No. 1 spot on the Hot 100 Singles chart for four weeks in a row. The song hit No. 1 on the Nielsen RingScan chart and continues to chart in the Top 10 for its tenth consecutive week. “OMG” enjoyed international success as well, reaching No. 1 on the iTunes chart in both the UK and Australia. Usher’s world domination extended through Canada (No. 1 airplay & Gold album), Ireland (No. 1), New Zealand (No. 1 airplay) and Sweden (Top 10 CHR).

This July, Usher will perform highly anticipated concerts in Korea, Taiwan, Malaysia, Philippines, Beijing and Macau. On July 11th, at Wukesong Arena in Beijing, Usher will be joined by Asia’s top R&B star Wang Leehom for a joint performance.

http://urbanbridgez.com/ubgblog/2010/07/08/usher-to-release-versus-august-24th-with-8-new-songs/

Last edited:
Re: Usher To Release ‘Versus’ On August 24th

that song 'dj got me falling in love again' sounds like a Enrique Iglesias song from 10 years ago

that song 'dj got me falling in love again' sounds like a Enrique Iglesias song from 10 years ago

you know someone said the same thing on a blog site but i not familar with enrique iglesias's music

do you like the song?

i haven't heard the songs. it's interesting how the article has new buzzwords, and doesn't elaborate in how the sales are configured. very political. what do they mean by 'tracks'? are the tracks and ringtones the same thing? are 'tracks' the new word for downloads? or does 'tracks' mean spins on the radio? in other words, maybe the ringtones comprise everything, and there are no downloads. everybody's got a phone, and they hear the radio, and maybe the knee-jerk reaction helps the media's self-aggrandizing. in other words, radio play determines success. if they like the artist, they get to say, they determined the artist's success. maybe there are only three hundred thousand possible downloads, and everything else is a ringtone.
in other words, depending on whether they like the artist or not, this is called a success, or, a failure.

this cloaking way of writing an article allows the media that kind of leeway. so, it's easy to see, that the media likes Usher.

i admire Usher. it's just, for me, it's hard not to see the media angle, in everything, these days.

On the heels of his successful, critically-acclaimed current album Raymond V. Raymond, Usher is gearing up to release Versus, an extension of R V. R with eight new songs on August 24th. On that day Usher fans will also have the opportunity to purchase Raymond V. Raymond (The Deluxe Edition) which will contain all songs from Raymond V. Raymond as well as Versus. The new set will include his current R&B hit “There Goes My Baby” and collaborations with Bun B, producer Polow Da Don and others.

Versus is a conceptual sequel and final chapter of Raymond V. Raymond — an album in which Usher uses music to explore the dichotomies of his life as a newly single man/father.

The lead single from the new set is “DJ Got Us Fallin’ In Love” featuring Pitbull and is produced by the inimitable Max Martin — who has worked with some of the top pop artists in the world including P!nk, Katy Perry and Britney Spears. “DJ Got Us Fallin’ In Love” will be delivered to radio stations world-wide this coming Monday morning. Shortly after, “Hot Tottie” produced by the hitmaker Polow, will be delivered to radio on August 9th.

Released late spring of 2010, Raymond V. Raymond reclaimed Usher’s dominance on the charts, debuting at No. 1 on Billboard’s Top 200 Albums and R&B Albums charts spawning five hit singles: “Papers,” “Hey Daddy (Daddy’s Home),” “Lil Freak” featuring Nikki Minaj, “There Goes My Baby” and the pervasive summer smash, “OMG” featuring will.i.am. Additionally, Raymond V. Raymond held the No. 1 spot on Billboard’s R&B Album chart for seven weeks and since has sold over six million tracks and ringtones combined.

Usher’s ninth No. 1 single, “OMG,” has had over 3 million tracks and ringtones to date and held the No. 1 spot on the Hot 100 Singles chart for four weeks in a row. The song hit No. 1 on the Nielsen RingScan chart and continues to chart in the Top 10 for its tenth consecutive week. “OMG” enjoyed international success as well, reaching No. 1 on the iTunes chart in both the UK and Australia. Usher’s world domination extended through Canada (No. 1 airplay & Gold album), Ireland (No. 1), New Zealand (No. 1 airplay) and Sweden (Top 10 CHR).

This July, Usher will perform highly anticipated concerts in Korea, Taiwan, Malaysia, Philippines, Beijing and Macau. On July 11th, at Wukesong Arena in Beijing, Usher will be joined by Asia’s top R&B star Wang Leehom for a joint performance.

http://urbanbridgez.com/ubgblog/2010/07/08/usher-to-release-versus-august-24th-with-8-new-songs/

Lookin forward to that! =)

"successful, critically-acclaimed...."

Oh really? xD

OMG was the worst song I've ever heard from Usher. I can't believe that he even released it. How it became a hit is a wonder to me. I guess, it's catchy though.

Oh yea, I've noticed so many artists re-release their albums all the time now. Geeze... Just make a new album while you're at it.

what do they mean by 'tracks'? are the tracks and ringtones the same thing? are 'tracks' the new word for downloads? or does 'tracks' mean spins on the radio?
This sounds more like a press release, not a 3rd party that specifically "loves" Usher or anything, but it sounds like they are using the term "tracks" to represent downloads and they are differentiating between that and ringtones...in other words, ringtones and full songs sold digitally are counted within that 6 million figure. So if 500k downloaded the ringtone for "OMG", another 500k downloaded "OMG" from the several legal download sources that exist, and then 100k downloaded the complete "Raymond v Raymond" album - which itself has about 13 or so tracks, then there is your 6 million figure.

There's no cloaking, the online world just includes new ways of counting sales which are dramatically different from the old days of just buying a single (or album) at a store and then relying on radio spins.

This sounds more like a press release, not a 3rd party that specifically "loves" Usher or anything, but it sounds like they are using the term "tracks" to represent downloads and they are differentiating between that and ringtones...in other words, ringtones and full songs sold digitally are counted within that 6 million figure. So if 500k downloaded the ringtone for "OMG", another 500k downloaded "OMG" from the several legal download sources that exist, and then 100k downloaded the complete "Raymond v Raymond" album - which itself has about 13 or so tracks, then there is your 6 million figure.

There's no cloaking, the online world just includes new ways of counting sales which are dramatically different from the old days of just buying a single (or album) at a store and then relying on radio spins.

to be honest, we are left with guessing. we don't know the exact numbers. and, indeed, that isn't total disclosure..

and it isn't much in the way of expectations, in the declining economy...

and, indeed, the press has been known to show a little favor toward some artists..
there's a little cushion going on for Usher, here..
i'm not saying he doesn't have success, here, because he does...but..i've seen the media be less willing to cushion on other occasions.

there was a higher standard of success, in earlier days...

so..lol..i guess we'll agree to disagree..

the term 'press release' no longer has the strength it used to have. because of the media, itself, 'press release' is the new 'opinion', the way 40 is the new 30. they have managed to make a number express their opinion. there is no longer a feeling of factuality, in a press release...and, with honesty, it can be seen that there is no objectivity. they've even gone on as far as saying that perception is reality. and politics is always involved.

if they didn't like Usher, they'd find a way to make this all sound like a non success. anyway, they said 'critically acclaimed, so that takes all the starch out of their factuality, and makes it sound third party.

Last edited:

"successful, critically-acclaimed...."

Oh really? xD

OMG was the worst song I've ever heard from Usher. I can't believe that he even released it. How it became a hit is a wonder to me. I guess, it's catchy though.

Oh yea, I've noticed so many artists re-release their albums all the time now. Geeze... Just make a new album while you're at it.

I like Usher but I agree to you a hundred percent, tho'!
All of this autotuning and strange Will I Am style songs are gettin' on my nerves nowadays...!

And the thing with always re-releasing everything is freakin me out, too! Very bothering!

usher i snow being managed by AEG and Randy Philips

I really like Usher. But, I have to admit that I don't like artists rereleasing albums. Yes, please just make an all new one.

The Taiwanese media call Usher the 'king of pop' with ground-breaking record sales of 40million records. Media can't be taken seriously esp when it comes to entertainment news. But the sad thing is majority of the public rely on the media to form their opinions..

Usher has unveiled the tracklisting of both his ‘Versus’ and ‘Raymond vs Raymond’ Deluxe Edition records. Both projects, which will feature contributions from Ciara, Pitbull, Justin Bieber and Bun B, will touch down on August 24th. Check out the lineups below:

‘Raymond vs Raymond’ Deluxe Edition
Disc 1
1. Monstar
2. Hey Daddy (Daddy’s Home)
3. There Goes My Baby
4. Lil’ Freak (ft. Nicki Minaj)
5. She Don’t Know (ft. Ludacris)
6. OMG (ft. will.i.am)
7. Mars Vs. Venus
8. Pro Lover
9. Foolin’ Around
10. Papers
11. So Many Girls
12. Guilty (ft. T.I.)
13. Okay
14. Making Love (Into The Night)

Disc 2
1. Love ‘Em All
2. DJ Got Us Fallin’ In Love featuring Pitbull
3. Hot Toddy featuring Jay-Z & Ciara
4. Lay You Down
5. Lingerie
6. Get In My Car featuring Bun B
7. Somebody To Love (Remix) featuring Justin Bieber
8. Stranger

‘Versus’
1. Love ‘Em All
2. DJ Got Us Fallin’ In Love featuring Pitbull
3. Hot Toddy featuring Jay-Z & Ciara
4. Lay You Down
5. Lingerie
6. There Goes My Baby
7. Get In My Car featuring Bun B
8. Somebody To Love (Remix) featuring Justin Bieber
9. Stranger
http://urbanbridgez.com/ubgblog/2010/07/21/first-look-usher-reveals-versus-tracklisting/

The Taiwanese media call Usher the 'king of pop' with ground-breaking record sales of 40million records. Media can't be taken seriously esp when it comes to entertainment news. But the sad thing is majority of the public rely on the media to form their opinions..
lol

yeah. like lemmings.

Back