Usher & Tamkea Files For Divorce!

Ms.MJ Fan2007

Proud Member
When Usher is single again, he sure make laddies feel pourd.

Source: http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20285065,00.html

Usher Files for Divorce
By Marla Lehner

Originally posted Saturday June 13, 2009 01:45 AM EDT
Tameka Foster and Usher

Photo by: Jemal Countess / WireImage

Usher has filed for divorce from wife Tameka Foster Raymond.

The R&B star filed the petition Friday in Superior Court in Atlanta, court records show. The couple, who got married in August 2007, have two sons together, Usher Raymond V, 18 months, and Naviyd, 6 months.

Usher, 30, and his wife of nearly two years, 38, have been leading separate lives for months, sources tell PEOPLE. The singer has been away from home often recording his next record in Las Vegas, one source says. "He's done his best to keep Tameka away," says the source.

Another source told PEOPLE that Tameka has been focusing on keeping her family happy.

The night before Usher filed for divorce, his wife was spotted at a screening of Eddie Murphy's new movie, Imagine That in Atlanta with the couple's eldest son, and two of her sons from her first husband. Tameka, who was wearing a gray shirt, tight jeans and high heels, "was happy and smiling," says an onlooker.

The night his divorce papers were filed, Usher spent a low-key night at the Los Angeles club MyHouse. He arrived late and came in through the back then was seated at a table where he spent time with a few friends chatting and drinking. The singer, who was smiling and talkative, seemed to be in a good, but mellow mood.

Calls to the singer's rep were not immediately returned.

• Reporting by TIFFANY MCGEE and JENNIFER GARCIA

The truth is that Usher is trying to get his singing career back on track. From the very beginning everyone was saying that marrying Tameka was a bad mistake. Well I wish them the best of luck.

There are so many things said about the 2 of them I don't even know what to believe. On one hand she's supposed to be this gold digger bitch, on the other he's apparently cheating on her and sleeping around.

What on earth is actually going on with these 2?

There are so many things said about the 2 of them I don't even know what to believe. On one hand she's supposed to be this gold digger bitch, on the other he's apparently cheating on her and sleeping around.

What on earth is actually going on with these 2?

I believe it is a little of both. I know age is just a number, but Tameka was too old for him and she looked too old for him. The image of the two of them just didn't rub with his fans. She has 2 teenage kids. That image of Usher as a happy married man didn't work and it showed through the support of his fans.

The truth is that image plays a lot in the eyes of the public. When I would see pictures of Usher and Tameaka out in public, Usher looked henpeck and he didn't look happy. You could tell that Tameka was the boss in that marriage. And Usher had dumped his mother as his manager and Tameka was managing him. His fans didn't like that either.

Thanks pamarella :) What a mess.. seems like their marriage was set up for failure if their own families didnt even support them. With 2 children the next thing to come is probably a nasty custody/child support battle.

As far as I know, she's only 8 years older than him isnt she? That's not such a huge gap but I think people still have a hard time coming to terms with older women relationships.

Thanks pamarella :) What a mess.. seems like their marriage was set up for failure if their own families didnt even support them. With 2 children the next thing to come is probably a nasty custody/child support battle.

As far as I know, she's only 8 years older than him isnt she? That's not such a huge gap but I think people still have a hard time coming to terms with older women relationships.

You are right, it probably will be a big mess custody and child support fight. I agree in most cases the age gap wasn't that huge, but Usher is a heartthrob to his fans and I don't think it worked with them. They looked odd to me being together.

nah it wasn't the age gap it was all them kids she had with other men. it showed her lack of um....values as it seems.

then he fires his mama, she won't attend the wedding, they call it off and re-schedule it. she had their second son then goes to get plastic surgery and almost dies before they even do anything cuz she lied and d idn't tell them when she has naviyd.

sooooooooooo if yo mama says no, u should really consider her point. kobe's parents said the same w/ vanessa and all that woman has been is a pain in his ass since they married.

hopefully he'll keep it tasteful but i heard he'sabout to put her on blast on his new cd. i sure hope not

Back