Usher honors Michael

HIStory

Proud Member
If you had the sound turned off during Usher's 25-minute set at the iHeartRadio Music Festival in Las Vegas Friday, you might have assumed it was a tribute to the late Michael Jackson. Usher employed much of the King Of Pop's signature choreography as he dripped with sweat throughout his hits "OMG," "Yeah" and "DJ Got Us Falling In Love." But he was so good at it, it was refreshing, especially during the week of the release of the 25th anniversary edition of Jackson's Bad album.

http://music.yahoo.com/blogs/live/u...jackson-belts-ballads-inspires-073100161.html

I don't understand why this thread begins with saying that Usher honours MJ. To me is just sounds like he emulated or copied his style?

Well the title of the Yahoo article is "Usher pays homage to Michael Jackson". I don't know if his intention was indeed to pay homage, or he just blatantly ripped him off. LOL. I took the more well-meaning version to name the thread.

Usher's one of my absolute favorite artists, but I don't think that he can really dance like Michael. If anyone should be given that task, it would be Chris Brown.

Say what you will about the man. He can dance.

Usher's one of my absolute favorite artists, but I don't think that he can really dance like Michael. If anyone should be given that task, it would be Chris Brown.

Say what you will about the man. He can dance.

No chris browns looks like a dancing orangatan......when he did the tribute in 2008? i had to change the channel...and that was when everyone still liked him...

But then again...different strokes for different folk...

I always appreciate when someone pays homage to Michael, and we know that Usher is a fan, like Chris Brown - and like every fan, he want to dance like his idol the best he can, and he's not that bad - :)

Usher is a fan of Michael. We know he is sincere. You know what? If people see someone dance and they see the moves and they think of Michael right away then that is a really good thing. It just shows how Michael's influence lives on. I want people to think of Michael first and we get a nice mention that Bad 25 came out this week too in the article.

I always appreciate when someone pays homage to Michael, and we know that Usher is a fan, like Chris Brown - and like every fan, he want to dance like his idol the best he can, and he's not that bad - :)

Usher is a fan of Michael. We know he is sincere. You know what? If people see someone dance and they see the moves and they think of Michael right away then that is a really good thing. It just shows how Michael's influence lives on. I want people to think of Michael first and we get a nice mention that Bad 25 came out this week too in the article.

Good to see positivity in a thread about someone who dances like Michael :) As long as we see people (famous fans!) dancing and paying tribute to Michael he will never truly day! The day someone like Usher, Chris Brown or whoever stops dancing or doing Michael's signature moves I will personally cry my eyes out.

When I wanna see someone dancing like Michael, well I just watch Michael's videos..honestly, the quote says if you had set off the volume you'd assume it was a tribute to MJ..then, Usher didn't say it was exactly a tribute,since one could only assume..or did he? I would think he'd mention it if it really was. Oh well, I guess if people want to believe it was, go ahead, to each their own.

Back