usher and jermaine dupri iin dispute over excutive production of albums?

billyworld99

Proud Member
Usher Blasted as 'Disrespectful' by Jermaine Dupri
EmailWritten by cmania on May-6-10 3:21am
Thu, 06 May 2010 03:21:04 ET

Since Usher has made Jermaine feel snubbed over his latest album 'Raymond vs. Raymond', his former producer refuses to ask him whether or not he still produces the 'Burn' singer.

Usher has been blasted as "disrespectful" by his former producer, Jermaine Dupri. Jermaine, who was behind the "OMG" singer's 2004 album "Confessions", said he will have no more to do with usher because he feels he snubbed him when it came to making his latest album "Raymond vs. Raymond".

"Well, I didn't really want to be executive producer of Usher's projects after 'Confessions'," he said. "You sold more records than any other artist in this decade based on that album and now I have to ask Usher, 'Am I the executive producer of your next album?' That seems disrespectful to me."

"As a producer, it's kind of hard for me to go back into people's projects when I gave you your biggest album ever."

Jermaine, the ex-boyfriend of Janet Jackson, added he expects people to ask him to produce them, which is what has led him to work with younger artists, such as Hot Dollar and Rocko. He added, "I don't feel like I'm supposed to ask to produce anymore."

"People are supposed to come to me and tell me that I'm the executive producer. That's why I get more kicks working with younger artists."

Despite his comments, Jermaine co-wrote the track "Foolin' Around" on "Raymond vs. Raymond". Jermaine is also presently working with Mariah Carey on the follow up to her last album "Memoirs of an Imperfect Angel".

email written in the middle of the night. lol. of course there are people out there with a destructive sense of self importance, out there.

An executive producer doesn't do anything, so that's a silly thing to be fighting about. The producer is the one who does the actual work on an album. There's no "executive" producer credit on old albums. It's just a way to make yourself sound important.

An executive producer doesn't do anything, so that's a silly thing to be fighting about. The producer is the one who does the actual work on an album. There's no "executive" producer credit on old albums. It's just a way to make yourself sound important.

there are some exec producers out there. they are the ones who invest the money. and that's everything. and there are some who give the money and do musical producer duties, too.

Back