Uri Geller Court Case (About MJ) - UK TV tonight -BBC1

KingMikeJ

Proud Member
Libel lawyer Paul Tweed's work for Uri Geller on TV

A Belfast-based libel lawyer's work on behalf of Uri Geller over media claims about his relationship with Michael Jackson is to feature in a TV series.

As part of a behind-closed-doors look at defamation cases, a crew was given access to solicitor Paul Tweed as he acted for his celebrity client.

The results of two years' work are set to be broadcast on Tuesday night in the BBC One documentary See You In Court.

The series looks at libel and privacy battles.

The cameras followed Mr Tweed as he went through the process of suing both a national tabloid newspaper and US network CNN for Mr Geller.

The case centred on unfounded media claims about what the famed spoon-bender was said to be planning with Mr Jackson before the pop superstar's death.

Next week's episode also covers another case run out of Mr Tweed's Belfast office on behalf of Galway ultra-runner Richard Donovan, who took on Forbes magazine.

Proceedings were issued in London, Dublin and Belfast before eventually being consolidated at the Northern Ireland High Court.

Mr Tweed said he believed the programme provided an insight into the working of libel law handled in Belfast.

"The outcome of both cases goes against the press coverage of the libel tourism debate," he added.

"They were both against American companies and we managed to get them both resolved in a mutually acceptable basis, notwithstanding the intensive lobbying campaign and legislative intervention in the United States."
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-12964841

I remember reading about Uri's case in late 2009. I was wondering why it was going to be in Northern Ireland. So now I'm wondering, why did this happen in Northern Ireland?

Last edited:
Re: Uri Geller court case - UK TV tonight (About MJ)

thank you:)

There's something I'm itching to say, but I'll just hold my tongue.

what is this case supposed to be bout?

Isn't it the case about when Arnold Klein was on CNN right after Michael's death claiming that Uri Geller took money from Martin Bashir to convince Michael to do "Living with Michael Jackson"? Geller denied it and sued CNN and a tabloid for this claim. Something like that. It could be this case IMO.

It sounds like this is the case. I have recorded it and will watch it later today but does anyone know why it took place in Northern Ireland?

Just watched it.

respect77 - It was about that (Arnold Klein was on CNN right after Michael's death claiming that Uri Geller took money from Martin Bashir to convince Michael to do "Living with Michael Jackson)

and also about a December 2008 newpaper article in the Sun that claimed Uri and Michael had asked Simon Cowell to put a subliminel message in the X Factor winner's song to try and change the world for the better.

Both cases were settled out of court and the Northern Ireland connection was that Uri's lawyer was a man called Paul Tweed, from Belfast.

Can't find the original article from the Sun, it was probably removed, but here is another article based on the same thing: http://www.holymoly.com/page/NewsDetail/0,,12643~1492411,00.html

Just watched it.

respect77 - It was about that (Arnold Klein was on CNN right after Michael's death claiming that Uri Geller took money from Martin Bashir to convince Michael to do "Living with Michael Jackson)

and also about a December 2008 newpaper article in the Sun that claimed Uri and Michael had asked Simon Cowell to put a subliminel message in the X Factor winner's song to try and change the world for the better.

Both cases were settled out of court and the Northern Ireland connection was that Uri's lawyer was a man called Paul Tweed, from Belfast.

Can't find the original article from the Sun, it was probably removed, but here is another article based on the same thing: http://www.holymoly.com/page/NewsDetail/0,,12643~1492411,00.html

Very amusing that Geller got so upset about Klien maligning him, but he couldn't wait to get in front of a camera to malign MJ with horrific drug abuse stories although he hadn't seen him in years. I hope CNN didn't have to give his backstabbing behind a single penny.

Very amusing that Geller got so upset about Klien maligning him, but he couldn't wait to get in front of a camera to malign MJ with horrific drug abuse stories although he hadn't seen him in years. I hope CNN didn't have to give his backstabbing behind a single penny.

Yes they did. They chose a settlement rather than a public apology. The Sun went for the public apology.

You see, It's ashame how people used Michael for money and fame,No matter how they try to get it.And I'll never forgive Geller for starting this mess in the firstplace. Michael would have still been here with us if Geller didn't introduce him to Martin Backstabbing Bashir.

I remember reading about Uri's case in late 2009. I was wondering why it was going to be in Northern Ireland. So now I'm wondering, why did this happen in Northern Ireland?

Northern Irish lad here!

It's too expensive to sue in the USA and Belfast is cheaper. Litigation costs more than it's worth which is one of the things See You In Court proves to viewers. Tweed is a well known Belfast lawyer who has helped top celebs by filing in Belfast instead of publisher friendly America. ;)

Back