Up / Mary and Max

michael4eva

Proud Member
Two of the saddest animation films ever..But so wonderful and recommended...Both very different however

Up is cetainly the most adult, mature disney/pixar film dealing with real life problems and inevitabilities but presented through humans...It does move into fantasy and is a mixture of old school disney stories and modern pixar..Wonderful film..But as sad as dumbo's mum in cage scene or anything else you can think of..Maybe sadder

Mary and Max is as real an animation film as you can get.It could be viewed for kids I suppose..But I would certainly say it is more of an adult animation film as it is literally reality.Told in a endearing, life affirming way, it is the story of a little australian girl who befriends a 40 something man from new york.They communicate through letters and is an absorbing film for a number of reasons. I loved the animation..The voice work was wonderful, particularry Phillip Seymour Hoffman who is spectacular.But this film deals very well the mindset of a naive, impressionable girl and als what it is like to be lonley.

Whilst I would STRONGLY recommend Mary and Max..It is very sad but also you should feel lifted from it on some level.It will make you cry and also more appreciative of certain things in your life...Plus Barry Humphries does the narration..

I thought "UP" was really stupid, but I have never seen "Mary and Max." It sounds good and tender, judging by the way you describe it. I shall look it up on Netflix, and if they have it on instaplay, I'll watch.

Back