Unreleased Victory Tour footage leaks online!

Praying for the HQ version one day. Things get 10 times better when details start appearing.

Could this be the Laser Disc version?

Laserdisc?
Laserdiscs could only be made at a pressing plant that made them for commercial release......never heard of laserdisc bootleg or private laserdiscs recordings.
This clip is most likely sourced from video tape then converted to dvd.....you see a typical video tape screen tearing at the beginning on footage.
Quality looks great but the screen is very small......watching the footage upclose on a big screen would give a completely different quality.....but still great compared to what we have now.....aka nothing:)

Laserdisc?
Laserdiscs could only be made at a pressing plant that made them for commercial release......never heard of laserdisc bootleg or private laserdiscs recordings.
This clip is most likely sourced from video tape then converted to dvd.....you see a typical video tape screen tearing at the beginning on footage.
Quality looks great but the screen is very small......watching the footage upclose on a big screen would give a completely different quality.....but still great compared to what we have now.....aka nothing:)

There was a laser disc release planned, but it was shelved. There were 200 copies pressed already.

Look on Google for some pictures of it.

There was a laser disc release planned, but it was shelved. There were 200 copies pressed already.

Look on Google for some pictures of it.
The Toronto show is a very good VHS transfer. Laserdisk was not included for this show.

I've just seen the footage and I think Iits great. Really I'm just grateful there's higher quality footage of the Victory tour, out there. Its always been my favorite tour, I just wish the footage waa from where he wore the black and white striped pants. Michael looked so swaggy that night.

the Triumph, Victory tours

If the Estate don't have the footage, then how come it was in The One

All these leaks recently with Victory!! Reminds me of the time the Royal Brunei concert had some leaked footage.. What happened? It was leaked in full.. I hope its not JUST wishful thinking for us to see the full Victory tour but I really want to see this..

If leak or release I'll be watching.. and if released after leak, I'll be buying!

Re: the Triumph, Victory tours

Who says they don't have the footage?
They aren't going to release everything at once. These things will come out slowly over time.

Those clips are amazing! And brilliant live vocals! This needs to come out in full as soon as pos. We are lucky as a fan community that there is soooooooo much stuff still to come! I can't wait!

In addition to this, the full Lounis Bad Tour from Rome tape needs to be leaked.

Billie Jean Toronto 84 LQ snippet:

Great snippet but why purposely make it so low quality?

Last edited:
Oh my, the vocals before Rock With You are AMAZING. I mean, the media should definitely hear them because that is not a gay man. You have to really feel it to throw out vocals like that. He knew exactly what he was doing to the women in the audience.

Oh my, the vocals before Rock With You are AMAZING. I mean, the media should definitely hear them because that is not a gay man. You have to really feel it to throw out vocals like that. He knew exactly what he was doing to the women in the audience.

Uh, so gay men can't sing vocals like that? wtf

haha, well okay guys.. this thread is to express our desires in seeing a full VICtory Tour show. we all know that several concerts were shot on full 35mm film. with various evidence and statements, we know the footage is owned by Don King. if he ever hands the footage over to the estate, that's a different story.. just hope it'll be possible sometime in the future. best until then is this umatic (it appears to be) footage from toronto..

why would don king own the rights? He was just the promoter...

You're "Hunterr" right?

that's what i heard that don king does own the footage. but if he doesn't then who? tradition for patrick was that he sent the footage to the archive at the end of each tour, but then i also heard that Michael owned it all? im confused as to which story is the truth?

What?

And I don't see him being the one in possession of these materials. And by now, wouldn't he have released something?

What?

And I don't see him being the one in possession of these materials. And by now, wouldn't he have released something?

maybe it's katherine who owns it then? or one of the brother's, someone definitely does own it though.. but the brother's are asking for too much from the royalties? i don't think it'll ever be released..

Gay men wouldn't sing live spontaneous ad libs directed at women. Don't twist my words.

I'm not sure I know what you're on about either. Plenty of closeted homosexual performers sang lyrics about women.

I'm not sure I know what you're on about either. Plenty of closeted homosexual performers sang lyrics about women.

Ad libs.....spontaneous...in the moment...ad libs. Not singing a song written ahead of time. I'm also referring more to the passion behind his vocals, they are sexy passionate and spontaneous ad libs sung in the moment directed towards a woman. It's not that hard to understand. You can't sing like that about a woman or directed towards a woman so passionately without really feeling it.

Yes you can.
I get what you're saying, but gay/straight/out/closeted can sing and adlib with all that intensity/emotion/etc.

Not that I'm referring to MJ, but your comment seemed to generalize the idea of orientation and singing.

Back