Unreleased Beatles Recording Discovered In Man's Attic

• Thread starter Dangerous Incorporated
  • Start date

Dangerous Incorporated

Guests
A previously unreleased tape of music recorded by 'The Beatles' has been found in a Liverpool attic.

The tape which was recorded in 1964 sold for $23,446, including tax and handling.
The 30-minute tape contains the previously unreleased 'Don't Put Me Down Like This', including and versions of other Beatles hits including 'I Feel Fine' and 'I'm A Loser'. At one point on the tape, the band can also be heard bursting into fits of laughter during a take of 'I'll Follow The Sun'.

Auctioneer John King, of Cameo Auctioneers, says: "It's a real time capsule, an audio snapshot of the Beatles in the youth when they were having fun, laughing, giggling and buzzing off each other. Our research shows that there is no other known recording of the Beatles playing that number."

No details about the buyer and his plans for the tape have been released.
Wonder if it was Mike who bought it? :lol:

Does MJ own the rights to this though?

Last edited:
Wonder if it was Mike who bought it? :lol:

Does MJ own the rights to this though?
Only if it was registered under Northern Songs, if not then no. Sometimes unreleased songs or jam sessions aren't registered in the copyright office, because they weren't meant to be heard by the public. It might have just been some fooling around, so would be unlikely to be copyrighted. Michael has nothing to do with the master recordings of any of the ATV songs anyway, only the publishing.

Back