http://www.mjjcommunity.com/forum/#resources
Welcome to the United Nations. It's your world. UN Search

United Nations: We the peoples...
A stronger UN for a better world.

Your United Nations

Secretary-General

Main Bodies

The UN and . . .

Women selling jam produced in Senegal through a UNDP Project. The 2009 World Survey on the Role of Women in Development has been launched. UN Photo/Evan Schneider
RSS In the News

More stories from the UN News Centre >

Conferences, Meetings and Events

More conferences and events >

In Focus

Global Issues

Africa...Environment...Women

UN Website Survey

We want to hear from you.
Tell us what you think about our website.

Resources and Services

New on this site

More recent additions >

:angel:Keep Helping To Heal The World...WE Are The World...Education IS The Key~~~

I think the UN is terrible. I want government to be decentralised to the most localised level possible. The UN is the complete opposite of that. It's the most centralised body of government the world has ever seen. I really think it's a bad thing for the world and the individuals within it.

I think the UN is terrible. I want government to be decentralised to the most localised level possible. The UN is the complete opposite of that. It's the most centralised body of government the world has ever seen. I really think it's a bad thing for the world and the individuals within it.

Why is that? Because it is centralized?

With this world becoming a global community more and more each day...We as a society need some type of neutral community where we can all work out our differences...

No community is perfect...it is up to us, the individual to make sure that it stays fair, neutral, focused, and civilized...

If we don't like something...speak up and help change it..!

:angel:Heal The World...WE Are The World...Education IS The Key~~~

Why is that? Because it is centralized?

With this world becoming a global community more and more each day...We as a society need some type of neutral community where we can all work out our differences...

No community is perfect...it is up to us, the individual to make sure that it stays fair, neutral, focused, and civilized...

If we don't like something...speak up and help change it..!

:angel:Heal The World...WE Are The World...Education IS The Key~~~
That's why I'm against the UN. It's not about individuals making society better. It's about the collective deciding what's best for each individuals within society. I'm totally against that.

I love globalisation and I'm glad to see the world heading more towards a global community. But that is not achieved by government bodies. It's achieved by free trade, voluntary exchanges between countries.

That's why I'm against the UN. It's not about individuals making society better. It's about the collective deciding what's best for each individuals within society. I'm totally against that.

I love globalisation and I'm glad to see the world heading more towards a global community. But that is not achieved by government bodies.
It's achieved by free trade, voluntary exchanges between countries.

Wikipedia search results for: United Nations
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The United Nations is an international organization whose stated aims are facilitating cooperation in international law, international security, economic development, social progress, human rights, and the achieving of world peace. The UN was founded in 1945 after World War II to replace the League of Nations, to stop wars between countries, and to provide a platform for dialogue. It contains multiple subsidiary organizations to carry out its missions. There are currently 192 member states, including nearly every sovereign state in the world. From its offices around the world, the UN and its specialized agencies decide on substantive and administrative...more »

I understand what your saying...

However in a perfect world, everyone agrees with each other...

:angel:Heal The World...We Are The World...Education IS The Key~~~

Medecins Sans Frontiers/Doctors without Borders: (http://www.msf.org)

UN Volunteers (http://www.unv.org/)

UN Refugee Agency (http://www.unhcr.org/cgi-bin/texis/vtx/home)

The World Food Programme (http://www.wfp.org/)

Recognized international non-governmental organizations (NGOs) with UN ...consultative status.

You can look them up to check out their areas of focus (http://esango.un.org/paperless/content/E2009INF4.pdf).

Save the Children has UN consultative status, and certainly must work in partnership with at least some these organizations. A noble skill to offer and much needed.

:angel:Heal The World...WE Are The World...Knowledge IS Growth...Education IS The Key~~~

While the U.N. has some good programs and has done good works, more research is required, folks. Look up the the U.N., World Bank, International Monetary Fund as they formed after WWII. An international agency can be a great thing, but these organizations tend to support the power elite. Globalization is in theory a very good thing. In practice, it's caused an incredible amount of misery, and continues to do so. For a wild ride, look up "The Bilderberg Group."

I think we are at a crossroads in history, and this would be a very good time to rethink "our" international organizations.

Carry on,

Vic

While the U.N. has some good programs and has done good works, more research is required, folks. Look up the the U.N., World Bank, International Monetary Fund as they formed after WWII. An international agency can be a great thing, but these organizations tend to support the power elite. Globalization is in theory a very good thing. In practice, it's caused an incredible amount of misery, and continues to do so.
For a wild ride, look up "The Bilderberg Group."
I think we are at a crossroads in history, and this would be a very good time to rethink "our" international organizations.

Carry on,

Vic

Secret Societies: The Bilderberg Group and The Secret History of the Freemasons...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eDUMEEl_ajM

Source: www.history channel.com

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pa-mdPb77K0

Source: www.discovery channel.com

I love the HIStory & the Discovery Channel, certainly favorites and quite intriguing...!

:angel:Knowledge IS Growth...Education IS The Key~~~

Last edited:
Non-discrimination is focus of Human Rights Day, 10 December

window.addEvent('domready', function() { var myGallery = new gallery($('UNSlideshow'), { timed: true, showCarousel: false, embedLinks: false }); }); Discrimination against women

In some countries women, unlike men, cannot dress as they like, drive, work at night, inherit property or give evidence in Court. Photo by Adam Rogers/UNCDF

"Discrimination targets individuals and groups that are vulnerable to attack: the disabled, women and girls, the poor, migrants, minorities, and all those who are perceived as different.
... But these victims of discrimination are not alone. The United Nations is standing with them, committed to defending the rights of all, and particularly the most vulnerable. That is our identity and our mission."
Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon

The realisation of all human rights - social, economic and cultural as well as civil and political rights – is hampered by discrimination. All too often, when faced with prejudice and discrimination, political leaders, governments and ordinary citizens are silent or complacent.
Yet everyone of us can make a difference. You are encouraged to celebrate Human Rights Day by advocating non-discrimination, organizing activities, raising awareness and reaching out to your local communities on 10 December and beyond.

Watch UNIFEED Human Rights Day video featuring Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon;
High Commissioner for Human Rights Navi Pillay; and Githu Muigai, UN Special Rapporteur on contemporary forms of racism, racial discrimination, xenophobia and related intolerance.

:angel:Our Children Are The Future...Heal The World...WE Are The World...Knowledge IS Growth...Education IS The Key~~~

Give them condoms. Tell them to stop having children they can't support.

"Foreign aid might be defined as a transfer of money from poor people in rich countries to rich people in poor countries." —Douglas Casey

Dear Suzanne:

'The State of the World's Children'

On the eve of the anniversary, UNICEF Executive Director Ann M. Veneman, Goodwill Ambassador Lucy Liu and youth advocate and former child soldier Grace Akallo marked the occasion with the launch of a special edition of ‘The State of the World’s Children’, the agency's annual publication.

The special edition outlines achievements in children’s rights over the past 20 years.

Ms. Veneman noted that one of the CRC’s most significant achievements has been its contribution to a reduction in the annual number of deaths of children under the age of five. She cautioned, however, that the gains of recent years should not obscure the work that remains to be done for children deprived of even their most basic rights to survival and development.
More...

UNICEF
UNITE FOR CHILDREN

© UNICEF/NYHQ2008-0847/Isaac

The CRC codifies the rights of all children, everywhere. Above, a young girl from an indigenous ethnic group in Botswana.

VIDEO: UNICEF correspondent Val Wang reports on the 20th anniversary of the Convention on the Rights of the Child.

newvideo.gif
high | low
(Real Player)

Related links

'The State of the World's Children' interactive report

UNICEF and partners commemorate 20 years of the CRC

Lucy Liu and Ann M. Veneman celebrate achievements for children

Subscribe to the UNICEF Newsletter

Join UNICEF in the world of social media
Did you know that UNICEF is on YouTube, Facebook, MySpace and Twitter, and would like to see you there, too?

If this email was forwarded to you, you may subscribe to our mailing list by going to http://www.unicef.org/e-newsletter.
Refer a friend to this email.
Change your options: Delivery, format, or update your e-mail address.
Stop receiving these messages
Privacy policy
UNICEF House
3 United Nations Plaza
New York, New York 10017
U.S.A.

:angel:Our Children Are The Future...Heal The World...WE Are The World...Knowledge IS Growth...Education IS The Key~~~

Back