Uncontrollable Bladder during Sleep

BillieJean84

Proud Member
I'm afraid I may be under some stress. This morning / late last night, was the 2nd time this week in a row, that its happened. I have woke up in urine and then during the day, I feel like I have to go, but when I do go its absolutely nothing.

I've been under stress from 1. math class I may have to retake. 2. this guy I fell so hard for just messaged me on myspace & said "we need to talk its important" and he hasn't responded since then.

Before I go to the dr. for anxiety meds and or google 'uncontrollable bladder' I wanted to post it here. Yes a little embarrassing, but I'm worried!! Please help!!! What could be the cause & solution of this uncontrollable bladder during sleep???

I just blew my nose & a little blood came out.

Last edited:
^^ no link showed up.

whats the difference between overactive bladder & uncontrollable bladder?? How do I stop this?? I'm not wearing diapers to bed.lol

Also: I'm looking at it now on google and I'm going to self-evaluate here. I do not drink alcohol before bed, also caffine, water sometimes. I'm not on any medications, its possible I have or am getting a UTI ; I've had one before but this bed-wetting is the very first time its ever happend as a grown adult.
As embarrassing as it is, I can get constipated like most women. But again, this "bed-wetting" is the first time its ever happend.

I think more that I have anxiety and I'm really overstressed about math especially. I need a solution

Last edited:
^ thank you and of course the obvious thing to do is to see a dr. but I have no $$ besides my college $$ refunds.

I don't know. I've never really heard of someone's bladder responding that way to such a low level of stress--but just because I've never heard of it doesn't mean it's not possible. A qualified medic would be able to supply you with a more relevant response than I. Still--do you have anything else going on in addition to the bladder issues? Insomnia? Headaches? Stomach problems? These are more common symptoms of stress. Did you persistently have any of these three before the bladder issues took place? It is important to analyze your body's behaviour prior to the urine issue.

Have you always had trouble holding it in? By this, I mean--were you previously able to hold your fluids in for a long period of time, or have you always had to pee shortly after getting the sensation? If you were previously able to hold them in, did you, over the years, make a habit of doing so? I know that holding liquids in the bladder for long periods of time tends to weaken it as time progresses, thus the reason I inquire. Still, this is a more common issue among the elderly.

If none of these are the case, I don't know what else to tell you. I would think it would be something psychological, albeit perhaps stress-related, or perhaps not. Have you had any traumatic experiences occur to you in recent times (mathematics class and some boy do not count as such--these are mild inconveniences which, right now, may appear to be of importance, but which will fade from your memory over time.) I think it is obvious, what I am alluding to--any abuse, any great loss, anything at all along those lines which you have struggled to repress in order to continue with your normal function? If so, the bladder issues could be a manifestation of those issues in a non-verbal way. If not, then disregard what I have just said.

I don't mean to sound intrusive, but that's basically all that has come to mind regarding this. As I stated previously, a trained medic's opinion is superior to my own untrained insights.

I'm proud of myself today at the mall, I went to the bathroom & actually went!! Let's hope that tonight when I go to bed, I don't wet myself.

Nobody here will able to really help you, you should see a doctor.

I know this is not a medical forum here but come on, people who just can't see a dr. would like help otherwise. I know theres no medical doctors here but I just would like other help from people.

thanks people.

I know this is not a medical forum here but come on, people who just can't see a dr. would like help otherwise. I know theres no medical doctors here but I just would like other help from people.

thanks people.

I typed out a rather lengthy response of possible causes for your issue.

Sounds like an infection. Get it checked out at your doc. :)

This is embarrassing but since I just read from someone it could potentially be infected, I'll post it. This morning, I woke up, didn't wet my bed but as soon as, I go to the toilet, it just came out on its own ; It was like I had absolutely no control over my kegel muscles. Then throughout the day, I've been able to hold it in. It could be maybe I was very dehydrated this morning - much like a lot of mornings- but today was very... scary. It reminded me of the Exorcist and I know thats way off base but ......

That sounds like a UTI...you really need antibiotics if so to get rid of the infection.

Yeah, I'm a male nurse and I see this everyday since I work in a nursery home for the elderly.
If you're urine is very concentrated and smells very strong, it's probably an infection.
If you take antibiotics, they will probably have effect within a day or 2.

Good luck

Back