Unbreakable, Heaven Can Wait, and Brandy

Arklove

Proud Member
Country
Canada
Not sure if this has been brought up before...But, is it just me or is it Brandy singing background vocals in Heaven Can Wait and NOT Unbreakable..??? Yet, in the credits in the album notes, it says she does background vocals for Unbreakable...It's unmistakably her voice in Heaven Can Wait...Maybe she does them in Unbreakable though, but I can't hear it...Anyone else notice this?

Brandy as in Norwood? like the Brandy that sings "What About Us".... it doesn't sound like her to me but im only listening to Michael.

She's credited in the booklet, so yes it is her.
And second, you have some amazing ears because I couldn't spot her, haha.

EDIT: Never mind - I didn't read you post closely enough, my bad!

EDIT2: You can spot Brandy's ad libs around 5:18 and forward in Unbreakable.

EDIT3: I never noticed that until now, and I knew that Brandy did vocals for Michael for this album, lol.

She's credited in the booklet, so yes it is her.
And second, you have some amazing ears because I couldn't spot her, haha.

EDIT: Never mind - I didn't read you post closely enough, my bad!

EDIT2: You can spot Brandy's ad libs around 5:18 and forward in Unbreakable.

EDIT3: I never noticed that until now, and I knew that Brandy did vocals for Michael for this album, lol.

Where i dont hear her... i hear Michael.

Where i dont hear her... i hear Michael.

Listen in good stereo speakers (not laptop speakers) or in headphones, and you'll hear somewhere to the left in the soundscape 5:17 and forward her doing small harmonies, like "oooh" type of ad libs.
It's built so that you will not spot it if you don't look for it.

I can hear her SO clearly in Heaven Can Wait, it's sort of annoying, because I only like Michael's background vocals...But I CANNOT hear her in Unbreakable...I'll have to listen more closely...

arXter filtred the songs a while ago to make all the background sounds appear better - I've uploaded a little clip here, maybe you can hear it better in this version?!
http://www.mediafire.com/?qn5iyzdvnhy

Just so you know, she's not singing any words, it's just harmonic type of "ooohs" and stuff like that.

EDIT: Where in Heaven Can Wait do you hear Brandy?

4:59.... that's where i heard the Uhhhs... is that her?

yea the gurl in heaven can wait is very noticible.... never knew that was Brandy though.

I don't hear anything @ 4:59 in Unbreakable :ph34r:

Just so we all have the same CD-version - my version of Unbreakable is 6:27 long.

EDIT: Ah, you mean the layered vocals ontop of "You can't conceive it?!"
I don't know if that is Brandy - I think her vocals are easier to spot 5:17 into the song

Just so we all have the same CD-version - my version of Unbreakable is 6:27 long.

I don't know if that is Brandy - I think her vocals are easier to spot 5:17 into the song

mine's 6:17 but yea it's probably the same uhhh's...

... but i hear the uhhh's...

this is confusing ha.

I'll have to take a listen again...

arXter filtred the songs a while ago to make all the background sounds appear better - I've uploaded a little clip here, maybe you can hear it better in this version?!
http://www.mediafire.com/?qn5iyzdvnhy

Just so you know, she's not singing any words, it's just harmonic type of "ooohs" and stuff like that.

EDIT: Where in Heaven Can Wait do you hear Brandy?

I hear her in pretty much the entire chorus........Also, "this love I have for you, girl, its incredible" (the first time he sings that part)...

Also, "Unthinkable. Me sitting up in the clouds (ESPECIALLY THIS PART!) and you are all alone. The time might come around when you'd be moving on.."

It's so clear!

I hear her in pretty much the entire chorus........Also, "this love I feel for you is incredible" (the first time he sings that part)...

Also, "Unthinkable. Me sitting up in the clouds (ESPECIALLY THIS PART!) and you are all alone. The time might come around when you'd be moving on.."

It's so clear!

I hear a woman sing really clearly 1:17 into it in the parts "can't see your fance, can't hold you close".

I'm gonna go to sleep and zone out with my ear phones and listen if I can hear anything more.

I don't think that girl is Brandy though - the girl singing in Heaven Can Wait have more of a "cute" voice.

Another reason why I don't think it's Brandy is because this track was produced by Teddy Riley's camp.
Unbreakable was produced by Rodney Jerkins, who is really tight with Brandy - or at least was.

EDIT: Here is the filtered version of Heaven Can Wait, you can clearly hear the harmonies the girl does - she sounds nothing like Brandy
You can hear her clearly 1:58 into the song - I wonder who this "Que" girl is, that is credited.
You can clearly hear Dr. Freeze's background vocals in the beginning of the song also.

http://www.mediafire.com/?2nw5ctnidmg

Last edited:
I hear a woman sing really clearly 1:17 into it in the parts "can't see your fance, can't hold you close".

I'm gonna go to sleep and zone out with my ear phones and listen if I can hear anything more.

I don't think that girl is Brandy though - the girl singing in Heaven Can Wait have more of a "cute" voice.

Another reason why I don't think it's Brandy is because this track was produced by Teddy Riley's camp.
Unbreakable was produced by Rodney Jerkins, who is really tight with Brandy - or at least was.

EDIT: Here is the filtered version of Heaven Can Wait, you can clearly hear the harmonies the girl does - she sounds nothing like Brandy
You can hear her clearly 1:58 into the song - I wonder who this "Que" girl is, that is credited.
You can clearly hear Dr. Freeze's background vocals in the beginning of the song also.

http://www.mediafire.com/?2nw5ctnidmg

But that's the thing, Brandy DOES have a really cute voice...She always has...Listen to some of her slower stuff when she was a little younger...She has a really sweet, cute voice....I don't know, I can almost guarantee it's her...But I have no proof:no:

I'll have to zone in a listen in my earphones too....But really, I just keep getting sucked into Michael's voice anyways...hehehe

I can't hear her in Unbreakable....Maybe a LITTLE...but I can definitely hear her in Heaven Can Wait...Maybe it was a deliberate thing in the booklet...We all know how Michael was...He liked to make us wonder...lol

Back