Ukraine, Romania, Moldova struggle with flood

FUJON

Proud Member
I thought, someone will open this thread, but looks like no one care,
whats going on in other part of this planet...

Ukraine, Romania, Moldova struggle with flood emergencies

W300px_280708s-floods.jpg

Ukraine has declared its flooding a national disaster.

Making the most of a sunny dry spell, President Viktor Yushchenko visited the Ivano-Frankivsk southwestern rural region ( he is on the pic )
More than 20 people have been killed in Ukraine’s floods. The Emergencies Ministry said at least six of the dead were children. Homes and farms have been destroyed, along with bridges, and many roads are unusable. Tens of thousands of people have had to seek alternative shelter.

It is the region’s worst flooding in a century. One of Europe’s poorest countries, Moldova, is in the same boat. After five days of rain, the Prut and Dnestr rivers remain dangerously high. Neighbouring Romania said four people died in the northeast, and that others were still missing.
Although meteorologists are forecasting a dry spell, the Romanian authorities say water flowing from Ukraine could still cause considerable damage.
Towns and villages in six counties were left without electricity. Meanwhile, food is being distributed, and more than 4,000 police and soldiers are reinforcing dams with sandbags. Each country is holding meetings to decide how relief funds will be allocated.
//

Last edited:
I understand, the threads like: ''Harry Potter Appreciation'',
''Batman'', ''Pictures of my butt'' are MORE Important than anything in this world..

Anyway, sorry to spoil all fun and to post a real news & pics again:

nav2za4.jpg

fl1cw6.jpg

Last edited:
True....I can't help but agree with you... :(

The floods have been horrible here, so many thousands of people are left without a home, their animals killed and all their work ruined :no: After many weeks of drought and not a single drop of rain, this is what has come...

I pray for the people in all 3 countries, so they can get on with their lives after this horrible nightmare has ended :no: :praying

Last edited:
Yes, it's just Horrible, even in the cities there were so much of water :doh:
In the village areas it were much more worse, the houses were flooded to the Roof, everything were lost: home animals, furniture, etc...
The people are now with a Zero in their hands... :( I have no words :(

My heart is breaking for all of the victims of this tragic disaster :no::heart:
My thoughts and prayers are with you. :huggy:
God bless you all :praying

:flowers:

Last edited:
Thank you, cryingangel and usagi vbmenu_register("postmenu_1572294", true); vbmenu_register("postmenu_1572207", true);

My thoughts are with those who have lost everything :no:

I understand, the threads like: ''Harry Potter Appreciation'',
''Batman'', ''Pictures of my butt'' are MORE Important than anything in this world..

Sometimes people just don't post it. We've been dealing with extreme drought conditions for years now, and as a result we end up with floods when it rains in some areas, we've been getting bad ones like these ones but mainly in country area where whole farms and things are wiped out, yet I haven't ever posted about it.

But I understand your heartache Fujon and here's hoping help is on the way for these people :flowers:

I'm so sorry to know it, LJ...

Anyway, I can promise, if in our areas again will happen the worst flooding in a Century, do not post anything and do not bother anyone :flowers:

...nevermind

I'm truly sorry for those people who have lost their homes and livelihoods as a result of this natural disaster and I wish them nothing but godspeed to rebuild their lives quickly.

Last edited:
Back